Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Good morning and thank you for your kind words.

Good information G man maybe I will write a letter to Mr A as that could help me get my feelings out instead of trying to bury them.

Sunny day again so will try to get out in the fresh air!

I am very tempted to drink to block out the pain. So today I will work hard on distraction.

Comment

Good morning and thank you for your kind words.

Good information G man maybe I will write a letter to Mr A as that could help me get my feelings out instead of trying to bury them.

Sunny day again so will try to get out in the fresh air!

I am very tempted to drink to block out the pain. So today I will work hard on distraction.

Comment

Sorry went out twice!

Comment

Hi MrsA. And you know it'll block the pain...sort of...for an hour or two and then it will be so much worse because you are weakened...you know that's not the answer...G's idea sounds great..and yes write it down. And talk to him...like Techie says it's a thin veil....I talk to my mum all these years later and it gives me comfort...sending hugs xxx

Yes MrG. There is quite a lot of support for businesses but no matter how much it will never be enough for many businesses who may have already been struggling...so glad we had sold our business before

Right must get up and do stuff...I'm actually having to do some work these days!!!
          Last edited by mollyka; March 31, 2021, 02:59 AM.
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            I'm more than happy with my decision Bridge --- slept on it a couple of times and all -- listening to Starty and MrStarty and how content they are to 'step back' -- I envy that and intend to do the same.... obviously if we are stuck for money I may do a bit of part-time - but truly only if I need money -- I have loads of hobbies that I want to reclaim -- I used to be an all year round swimmer -- that's one of my first aims -- if I was younger I would love to in some way do something in catering -- set up a coffee shop incorporating a wee private library/newspapers -- that sort of thing -- a return to things non-digital and restful -- but I'm too long in the tooth and Joe's health may not allow it anyway - no -- happy to do - well -- not a lot!
            Good for you Molly. If there is one thing I have come to respect in recent months it is people who act in alignment with their belief systems and personal integrity. Personally, I'm seeing a lot of people who aren't. As for 'poverty' it depends how one defines that.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning. A sneaky login from my phone.
              Lovely post Mr G, didn't realise you lost your partner.
              What the plan today [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]?
              Do you ever listen to audio books, a gripping 'whodoneit' might help the distraction (long shot i know).

Very true on 'poverty' Bridge. Society pressure doesn't help i suppose.. wear the right clothes, drive the right car. Its all bullshit of course and maybe that's a positive that covid has brought..

A few changes to restrictions here but not much really. 5k travel has moved to 20k!
              Residential construction coming back.

No sign of the hairdressers :sad:
              Last edited by IamMary; March 31, 2021, 04:19 AM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Thinking of you there [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone. Sorry to hear about your partner Mr G. Hang tight Brit, as Molly said it would only be a temporary release. Writing the letter seems like a good idea. Beautiful morning here and just had a lovely walk. New measures won’t make much difference to me, except I guess I will be able to go on a walk with some of the crochet ladies when the 20km rule comes in. It would be lovely if this weather lasts but unfortunately it is going to change at weekend. Better make the most of it and go put another coat of paint on this arch.

Comment

Morning and waves to the undies,
                    [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :hug:..... you are a fecking hero. I doubt I'd have got out from under the duvet in these early days.
                    Mikey is casting his winter coat............tiny bundles of white fluff everywhere. Still obsessed with his golf ball.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all! - yes what a luverly luverly day - and not expected -- forecast wasn't great... went for a gorgeous walk along the beach -- paddled up to my knees and truly if I'd had swimming togs with me I'd have been very tempted --- so lovely to see things brightening up a bit!

No news here - other than MORE confirmation that I work for truly horrible people (imo I s'pose... but.....) I explained to HR that I may need my annual leave for when Joe will be recuperating after surgery - and they are insisting that we take a huge chunk of it now..... nope -- I still have to take it now... so in other words -- when I'm at home anyway through no fault of my own... I have to use up all my annual leave and when my hub really will need care and transporting etc etc.. nope I'll have feck all leave to take -- they honestly disgust me... petty mean little Hitlers --- right -- that's my rant... over and out

Comment

Long conversation/discussion about getting a new fence for the bottom of the garden. We are getting a new fence at the bottom of the garden. The excitement of it all.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........rant away, pet. Makes complete sense to me what you're doing. Do you remember when it was the Personnel Department?

Looks like the weather oop here in the North is going to be vile over the weekend so plotting about putting the gazebo up and putting the fire pit as near as possible without cooking Jennie and Ads.
                        I'm nearly at the stage of saying feck them all.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                          I explained to HR that I may need my annual leave for when Joe will be recuperating after surgery - and they are insisting that we take a huge chunk of it now..... nope -- I still have to take it now... so in other words -- when I'm at home anyway through no fault of my own... I have to use up all my annual leave and when my hub really will need care and transporting etc etc.. nope I'll have feck all leave to take -- they honestly disgust me... petty mean little Hitlers --- right -- that's my rant... over and out
                          No Molls I would not take that lying down. Tell them you want to keep holidays or when your husband is relying on you as his carer you will be forced to apply for Force Majeure leave and they'll have to give it to you..

( It arises where, for urgent family reasons, the immediate presence of the employee is indispensable owing to an injury or illness of a close family member.)

Comment

Morning all,
                            Sorry to hear you are having trouble at work Molly. I have got a fight on my hands there myself now. I got a phone call with no warning out of hours yesterday, telling me that I was being automatically appointed to a position that I have no qualifications or experience and that is a 'left over' job that nobody else wanted in the mad rush. No Voluntary Redundancy like the other staff. It's either that or resign, which is probably what I will do, but not before I engage the Union, Fair Work and anyone else that I can.

Do you get the impression that HR across the globe are using the pandemic as an excuse to railroad people into whatever they want?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              Morning all,
                              Sorry to hear you are having trouble at work Molly. I have got a fight on my hands there myself now. I got a phone call with no warning out of hours yesterday, telling me that I was being automatically appointed to a position that I have no qualifications or experience and that is a 'left over' job that nobody else wanted in the mad rush. No Voluntary Redundancy like the other staff. It's either that or resign, which is probably what I will do, but not before I engage the Union, Fair Work and anyone else that I can.

Do you get the impression that HR across the globe are using the pandemic as an excuse to railroad people into whatever they want?
                              Good morning everyone. So sorry to hear that Bridget and you are right not to go without a fight. It’s not just HR, think a lot of people and organisations will use it as an excuse. Yourself and Molly have the army behind you so stand for no nonsense.

How are you today Brit? One foot in front of the other, that’s all any of us can do. Daughter in Norway getting the key of her new apartment today. Hard walking away from the life she had, would give anything to be with her but thank God for technology, I can try and keep in touch. Forwarded a suitcase of stuff to her, Xmas presents she had no place to take back with her last time, tea bags etc. It arrived yesterday and in one piece. Had my walk, now have to do the dreaded grocery shop.

Comment

Thanks Rusters -- it is lovely to have somewhere to safely come and blow our tops anyway! I'm glad your daughter is moving on.. my daughter had a broken relationship in Canada some years back and she couldn't move on - I went over to Canada to bring her home -- she had just gotten her citizenship but she happily left it behind and now lives next door to me... much better your daughter coping with her situation... I always feel Jilly gave up a lot.. not that I'm not delighted she's home but the opportunities she had in Canada would have been amazing... anyway --- it's old news now!
                                Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                No Molls I would not take that lying down. Tell them you want to keep holidays or when your husband is relying on you as his carer you will be forced to apply for Force Majeure leave and they'll have to give it to you..

( It arises where, for urgent family reasons, the immediate presence of the employee is indispensable owing to an injury or illness of a close family member.)
                                Indeed I know about Force Majeure - unfortunately in our contract we can only take 3 days of FM in 3 years -- after that we have to PLEAD for unpaid leave and not guaranteed to get it... apologies to you cos I know you were HR back in the day -- but jesus - in both my employments the HR dept. people were frankly horrible -- not only had they no empathy regard the rules -- they had none full-stop -- they consider everyone but themselves as losers it feels!!
                                Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                                Morning all,

Oh Bridge that sounds so unfair... so are they doing you out of a redundancy package? and yes -- I do believe HR are using it as an excuse -- they are getting away with everything -

Trying to be even-handed about this tho -- I'm in a very privileged position - I'm in a job that in truth I can't WFH - but I get paid - so I don't really have any problem with my employer as such (the governement) just the obnoxious individuals who think they are shocking important in a poxy little county council... my own lovely immediate boss was on to me this morn. and she just said let it go and if I need time off she'll sort out something... dunno what it means - but I'll stick with that!!

Morning all -- no more moaning from me!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X