Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Right if we are all in agreement - I'm sure if we pulse the other threads they'd say the same - we should approach the tech guy to remove Like/Thank buttons ?
    I'm voting for NS to do it - :haha: [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] you're on !
    [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] what do you say ? [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION]? [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION] ?

Comment

I didnt even think of having a covid test! Is there anything thats not a symptom?

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      Just found The Missing : on Prime - very good !

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] have you finished Behind Her Eyes - I'm interested to know what you thought of it ....
      Hot off the press, just finished a minute ago. I pride myself in figuring out all endings, but I did not see that coming! cant say too much, as Bridge is going to watch it.. Maybe not very realistic :haha: but a good watch. What did you think?

Molly, I was making the dinner today and I realised that I didnt answer you about my inlaws and covid!
      Dont know where they got it, has to be from the weekly tesco shop, but its everywhere in Drumcondra. Friends of my folks got it (same area). The only interaction they have had is with the takeaway delivery guy! BUT - all have underlying issues and all got over it licidy split - but its a game of Russian roulette.

Brother in NY got his vaccine today. Said they are doing almost 2million a day now. 3 days and Ireland would be done if that was the case here!

Starty, I hear you on the dilemma. Im going to go for it.. probably an age before my category comes around. I laughed that your going to be the first in the group here!

I support the 'NO MORE LIKES' motion!
      Last edited by IamMary; March 3, 2021, 07:39 PM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Ye know [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] if you had a severe reaction at any time to a vaccine - perhaps you shouldn't get it. You best tell them in advance.
        It should be in my notes. But will give them a call as well. Thanks

I saw Behind her Eyes. I really got into it but didnt really like the ending. And it lost me a bit with all the Astral projection stuff. Even so, would recommend watching.

I also watched Hope Gap which was brilliant. An insight into divorce after many years but was brilliantly acted and very moving. Had Bill Nighy in it who I love

I know Mary, I do think there is huge pressure to have it. I feel that if I dont have it I will be be treated like Typhoid Mary by the masses :haha:
        Last edited by starty; March 4, 2021, 12:46 AM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Morning all..dull day here..how's everyone?
          It's like groundhog day here...rinse and repeat
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Army. Just had a mega read back and I didn't even know there was a like button.

Fingers crossed that Joe improves and is infection free ASAP and able to have his Op.

Thank you Jackie for the lovely card it means a lot. The cottage in October sounds fabulous

I am still on my own and after the busy and exhausting time over the past 6 months it seems so strange and unreal. The funeral is organised and I have done most of the paperwork.

In a few minutes I am going to get out for a walk even if it is a dull cold day it may take the edge off my desperate sadness.

Comment

Aww brit, I reckon a walk will help soothe your soul a bit. :hug:

Comment

Morning Molls, yep dull here too but been out for a lovely few miles and chill out with the dogs now I feel I have earned a rest after my taxing 3 days working

Going to do the weekly shop later woop woop :haha: Yep groundhog day indeed but strangely peaceful

Comment

On a positive note, Mr S has reached his first year of sobriety today! Absolutely delighted and rather incredulous about the changes in our lives over the past year. All good

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                    Good morning Army. Just had a mega read back and I didn't even know there was a like button.

Fingers crossed that Joe improves and is infection free ASAP and able to have his Op.

Thank you Jackie for the lovely card it means a lot. The cottage in October sounds fabulous

I am still on my own and after the busy and exhausting time over the past 6 months it seems so strange and unreal. The funeral is organised and I have done most of the paperwork.

In a few minutes I am going to get out for a walk even if it is a dull cold day it may take the edge off my desperate sadness.
                    Good morning Lovely! It's good to hear from you -- how are you feeling now being on your own? I'm sure your girls are gagging to get to see you? I know when Joe was really ill they were all clamouring to visit etc. despite restrictions - but was so much better alone.. be careful of yourself tho - I found I wasn't bothering to eat or things like that... thanks for your wishes about Joe - thankfully I truly feel he is out of the woods -- hopefully that's not famous last words!!
                    Max and I are regulars now on the beach you did the running on over here -- so anytime you feel like a wee excursion (when we're allowed of course) you know where I am.. you me and Max on the beach -- nowt wrong with that ;-)

Originally posted by starty View Post
                    On a positive note, Mr S has reached his first year of sobriety today! Absolutely delighted and rather incredulous about the changes in our lives over the past year. All good
                    That's fantastic news Starty - I think it's such a huge milestone having the first year under the belt -- he's doing great -- it's much harder to 'lose' sobriety that can be counted in years imo --- life is so different with no alcohol in the house -- well having said that - I have 3 bottles of wine in my dining room.. bought for christmas day -- guessing they'll be still there next christmas day haha!!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Troopers!!

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - so sorry for your loss, Mrs. A and I can only imagine your sadness. My Dad was very ill for the last year of his life and spent the last month in hospital with a morphine drip. When he went, even tho' it was very difficult, especially for my Mom, there was a measure of relief that he was no longer in pain. Don't know what the restrictions are like there, but I hope you can have some kind of close contact with your daughters and friends, if possible, to at least help assuage the loneliness.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - hope Joe's infection clears up soon. Sometimes medicine is al mystery. Again, with my Dad, he was in hospital for over a month before they discovered what was slowly killing him - a fungus infection in the lungs, of all things. Hopefully Joe can get his surgery as soon as possible and be on the road to recovery.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - hope all goes well with your jab. And glad that Mikey seems to have settled in quite well.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - I saw "Behind Her Eyes" as well. And my opinion matches yours. Wasn't expecting the ending and didn't really like it. The rest of the series kept me watching tho'. Another good one is "I Care A Lot", with Rosamund Pike and really good is "What If" with our very own Bridgee!!

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - I agree about the like button. Much better to just write a couple of words. It's like no one calls someone to with them a happy birthday anymore - just post sometihing generic on FB and that's it til next year. A man we know died 11 years ago and people are still sending him birthday wishes FFS.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - I'm on the fence about the vaccine. I have never had even a flu shot. And while I know that having the vaccine will hopfully make the symptoms milder should I get the virus, it really does nothing to stop the spread of the virus as I will still be contagious. I just don't know at this point. And then again, we don't know if the vaccines available now protect us from the various strains that have developed, nor do we know for how long the vaccine will protect us. Just not crazy about something that wasn't tested for a longer period of time. On the other hand, our new cases are rising every day and that is scary. Plus we had a fright yesterday and Tuesday as my grandson had a high fever. He was tested yesterday at noon and luckily it came back negative. Sitting on hot coals til the results came back.

Waves to anyone I haven't mentioned. Hope you're having as good a day as you can make it.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Cross-post Starts - fabulous news!! It's always such a great feeling reaching a milestone like that!
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning all and waves to the undies.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].........:hug: You're more than welcome. The Great North Run is on for this year.........your bedroom is ready and its now got a TV.

Ahh Starty, I'm so happy for him and you.

So we are boycotting the thanks and likes and we're shopping locally and in season. We are revolutionists. Although we're rather mild it's a start.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                            I didnt even think of having a covid test! Is there anything thats not a symptom?

Hot off the press, just finished a minute ago. I pride myself in figuring out all endings, but I did not see that coming! cant say too much, as Bridge is going to watch it.. Maybe not very realistic :haha: but a good watch. What did you think?
                            Binged it until 3am like any self respecting 15 year old. I loved it. I thought it was a bit 'out there' but really enjoyed it. It's one of those that you are still thinking about in the shower two days later and realise there was a clue in there that you missed....like chopping the herbs....
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

i think part of the prob is only coming once a day. Of old I was here morning noon and night so could keep up
                              Agree Starty. And of course being at the arse end of the Earth and the opposite time zone.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Can't believe I'm here with all the cool kids tonight, in the same place on the time/space continuum

I had my cursor hovering over the like button a couple of times there but controlled myself.

I'm so glad that Joe's infection is finally giving way. It feels really desperate and out of control when things aren't responding.

I saw 'What If' Stirly and it wasn't bad. Doesn't Renee look different these days?
                                So I'm gathering that Netflix is pretty much the same in every country? Does that sound about right? We can ususally get hold of the same shows on this thread. I get access to a lot more Australian content, which you wouldn't understand the accent of, so I guess you all have national content as well as the international stuff. It's nice really, that everyone is watching the same shows. My Swiss boyfriend was howling laughing once because he had never heard the original voices on Seinfeld, only the dubbs

I can't believe it's a year since Mr Starts quit. I don't mean I can't believe he did it, just how fast that year has gone. It must be so much easier to live with a non drinker.

Brit, I just think that you are a really, really brave woman. Enough said.
                                Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; March 4, 2021, 06:29 AM. Reason: How many fucking typos did I make?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X