Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army Garrison April 2021

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Eerrrmmmm....what about week before the end of may ? Just sayin :congratulatory:
    What's his gripe and what's yours...like REALLY? the hols he takes ...or lack of isn't anything new!! I'm doing an Aftercare type intervention here :victorious:
    As long as I've known him he's always had 4 weeks.

Never thought of that............but there are only two fully qualified lawyers. There's actually 3 but she's on maternity leave until Christmas. One has to be in the office. Our back bedroom is full of files and the wee front bedroom is bursting. There's stuff underneath the dining room table
    He hasn't got a gripe he'd work all night.

I think its me that's having a hissy fit. No its definitely me having a hissy fit. I'm tip-toeing around the house as I never know who's talking.

I should be back at my volunteer library by October.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Now I want a 4 thousand word essay.
      Oh and resentment.................forgot the resentment that he's so needed and I just feel like the tea trolly.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ah look -- I understand all of that -- one of the things I found most difficult when I stayed at home -- I was rearing FOUR poxy kids - if I'd stayed working my childcare costs would have been all my salary - so I took an informed decision to resign and stayed at home with the kids for a few years... I really did become the tea trolly -- it wasn't nice and it caused many a gripe in our relationship I needn't tell you... then the important work in himself's home office -- men's work - be it solicitoring (was gonna type soliciting but nah...) or drain clearing or as I had this morning grass cutting --- it supercedes ANYTHING else in the house --- I become the little woman in the house to be cherished and sneered at - and he becomes hunter gatherer --- think that's in their gene's so I totally ignore these days... tiptoeing around the house... yup I've done that too.... oh just f*&k off back to work I used to think when he was making 'work calls' at home

4 weeks they may have - but they are much more important than people who take actual holidays like me.... no they aren't -- they are just men and we are superior beings called women ;-)

You know I love your big fella so I'll kill you if you quote this back to him -- I'd have lost my plaque reader companion.... but truly I believe they are all the same!!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          ah look -- I understand all of that -- one of the things I found most difficult when I stayed at home -- I was rearing FOUR poxy kids - if I'd stayed working my childcare costs would have been all my salary - so I took an informed decision to resign and stayed at home with the kids for a few years... I really did become the tea trolly -- it wasn't nice and it caused many a gripe in our relationship I needn't tell you... then the important work in himself's home office -- men's work - be it solicitoring (was gonna type soliciting but nah...) or drain clearing or as I had this morning grass cutting --- it supercedes ANYTHING else in the house --- I become the little woman in the house to be cherished and sneered at - and he becomes hunter gatherer --- think that's in their gene's so I totally ignore these days... tiptoeing around the house... yup I've done that too.... oh just f*&k off back to work I used to think when he was making 'work calls' at home

4 weeks they may have - but they are much more important than people who take actual holidays like me.... no they aren't -- they are just men and we are superior beings called women ;-)

You know I love your big fella so I'll kill you if you quote this back to him -- I'd have lost my plaque reader companion.... but truly I believe they are all the same!!!
          Evening everyone. Agree with you Molly, especially the last bit. Mary was right, myself and Satz are both signed up for BodySlims, starting tomorrow. Have about a stone to loose. Need the motivation especially now with lockdown.

Work week over and have a very short week next week as Monday is a bank holiday. Have been to one humanist funeral Starty it was for a young person and was beautiful. Off to stuff my face now in preparation.

Comment

oh you must STUFF yourself!!! I remember -- the only time I ever decided to lose weight was just before I got married -- went to Unislim as it was back then -- my self and a pal -- we wouldn't eat that whole day before weigh in - and as soon as we got out of there -- back to my mum's kit hen -- oh latherin heart what we used to eat -- it is positively disgusting to even think of it at this remove!!! piggery!

anyway -- only after getting rid of half the family outta the garden so grabbing something to eat..
            Watching something called Penance -- not sure... always find that mother/young man scenario somewhat uncomfortable -- does that make me a prude....??

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........you must have working on some... Irish luck over here because its work.
              Holy Mother of God.........(in my best Line of Duty voice)............he's taken all of next week off.
              That clonck was me falling off my chair.
              [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]....................not a word. Plaque readers are very hard to find. I can take him to the Roman Wall and he can skip around reading plaques.I'll get him to look at those all the while I sit in the cafe getting a caffeine overdose.
              And Barnard Castle............yep that famous place that cure the blind but only if you work for Boris. It is a beautiful place.
              Then up to Bamburgh Castle.
              There're all just day trips but they're not these four walls . businesses. Wonder if we can afford a couple of Craster Kippers.
              And if we can squeeze Home - Beamish

I worked at the wine merchant when the the kids were 2 & 3. Only did mornings 9:30am until 1pm. Christmas was a nightmare as I was more or less full-time but with the help of family and a couple of friends got through it. It did help with the January credit card bill.

How the feck you managed with four is beyond me.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Have to agree with you on the men Molly.

My brother had a humanist wedding, best wedding I was ever at. Glad your Aunt got a nice sendoff [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].

Bemish Museum [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! thought that was the stout!!
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

My mom passed this afternoon. I was there and held her little hand. I’m the only one left now, and I just feel the weight of it all. I do appreciate the prayers and support you have shown for me and my mother. With deep gratitude, I thank you!
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Oh [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], am so so sorry, deepest sympathy. I am delighted that you were there with her and got to see her over the past few weeks. Small comfort but something never the less. Think we all feel that sense of being orphaned when we loose the second parent. Take care of yourself.

Waves to everyone else, catch up later.

Comment

So sorry to hear that Techie ..May she RIP...I know that feeling of losing a 2nd parent..it feels nearly scary and oh so sad..thinking of you and take care.

Comment

Good morning Rusters and all else...heading up for a hike on the Boyne...looking forward to somewhere different ..laters xx

Comment

Morning Molly and all to come. Enjoy your hike, would love a change of scene but everywhere out here is crazy so I just mix it up with different routes in the woods. Had hailstones on my way to the walk and then big blobs of rain but it has not started properly yet. Getting daughters wardrobe finished this morning. We were lucky enough to have most of it done last year but have been waiting since Christmas to have it finished. Things are gradually coming back.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].......I'm so sorry for your loss. You know we're here to listen. :hug:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                              Morning Molly and all to come. Enjoy your hike, would love a change of scene but everywhere out here is crazy so I just mix it up with different routes in the woods. Had hailstones on my way to the walk and then big blobs of rain but it has not started properly yet. Getting daughters wardrobe finished this morning. We were lucky enough to have most of it done last year but have been waiting since Christmas to have it finished. Things are gradually coming back.
                              today just looked and seemed so much more normal really --- had a glorious long walk - the sun was blazing for most of it even tho it was very cool-- dog decided to throw himself into the Boyne however so thankfully he had his harness on and Joe was able to trawl him out --- eejit of a dog!!! He is such a teenager -- was so proud of his impressive dive I think he went to try it again but Joe was having none of it -- it's one of the fastest flowing rivers in Ireland!

Just home -- hot now and tired and hungry so off to make a bit of lunch -

indeed we are here if you need a virtual ear Techie... take it easy xx

Comment

Oh Techie. I'm so sorry for you. You have lots of people around you who care. You're not alone, it just feels that way for now. Think of all the lovely memories you have with and about her. :heartbeat:
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X