Army Garrison April 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army Garrison April 2021

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............Mikey hasn't really been digging.............he does a lot of sniffing though. Perhaps he's waiting for the day its all done and then he'll run amok.
    We're just come back from our lunchtime drag around the big field. When I say drag its because he suddenly stops and won't move until he's sniffed, examined every blade of grass and found a suitable tree to have a pee and then we can come home.
    My arms are getting longer with the tugging and I'm getting hoarse from saying 'you've sniffed that bit can we move on'.................but using fruitier language as the kids are all at school.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

@techie - so sorry to hear that news - remember the good times to help you through these bad times :heart:

Am I the only one who enjoyed empty roads + the peace & quiet during lockdown. Everyone enjoying the simple pared back life ?
      My life changed very little during lockdown 'cos I worked right through but I did enjoy the less manic, less 'doing' pace of life.

Now Ireland will get back to 'normal' :egad:

Interesting thoughts on 'coffee culture' @mollyka - the Irish 'ol lads may become like the Greek men who sit outside little tavernas drinking strong coffee of a day ( I doubt it somehow )

Where is Stirls - is she ok ?
      Last edited by satz123; April 29, 2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
        Great news on all fronts Molly. Just to have inter county travel is a relief. Drove north side with daughters car to a garage this morning and through the most horrendous shower of hail. Got here and the sun is shining. We have hotel booked for end of July and two nights in August. Will be happy just to get west to see SIL . Goodness knows when I’ll get to Norway but it’s a start.
        I hope there was no damage to the car Rustop?
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

There's a little aul lads pub up in Drogheda and every time I go past it there's all the aul lads sitting outside happily drinking their coffees...just makes me wonder will any of them stay on the coffee!?
          Isn't Drogheda where Jill Meagher came from? Murder of Jill Meagher - Wikipedia

You'll remember that of course, @Guitarista I was in Melbs that weekend around that area. Horrendous. That poor bloody girl and her family.
          Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; April 29, 2021, 07:46 PM.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yes I think that was where she was from...it's a big town up the road from me.

Morning all...part of me will miss the tranquillity Benjy but I've missed freedoms...haircuts bike rides etc. Unfortunately it's a week too late for our trip to Kerry ...don't think the house we were to rent will be available.

Back to work today...mixed feelings ...just nervous after so long I spose....vaccine this after!!!
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Yes I think that was where she was from...it's a big town up the road from me.

Morning all...part of me will miss the tranquillity Benjy but I've missed freedoms...haircuts bike rides etc. Unfortunately it's a week too late for our trip to Kerry ...don't think the house we were to rent will be available.

Back to work today...mixed feelings ...just nervous after so long I spose....vaccine this after!!!

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                That's horrendous, Bridgee. Poor lassie and her family. How did they cope and I wonder how are they coping now?

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........its nearly lunchtime then you'll be free. I was most disappointed I didn't get a lolly for being a good girl. I know I said I was tired after my but looking back I'm wondering if it was an adrenaline dump. I'd worked myself into a panic about it all. The nurses and doctors were so calming.............I felt a bit foolish.

We get to see our lovely Jenny and equally lovely fiance Adam on Monday.

Even more exciting they're starting on the new fence tomorrow.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............where are you sweetheart?
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning JC, Molly and all to come. Most people on my crochet group were fine after vaccine, only one felt really tired and achy but she has underlying condition. Will be strange going back to work Molly but after a few days will be as if you never left. Agree with you Satz, roads are crazy and car parks at woods overcrowded. Found lockdown a lot easier. How are you getting on with Gerard? Only thing I find annoying is counting calories but then I hear his voice saying “well how did not counting work for you?”. Not so well so I’ll suck it up.

Car is fine Bridget, just bulbs and a few other things. Got my walk done and now need to do the dreaded grocery shop.

Comment

Afternoon...just home from work..virtually had a panic attack ...couldn't remember passwords or usernames..couldn't even get into library management system for about an hour...dozen or so emails asking for ...seeds.....SEEDS??? I ignored same...robbed a few books and came home..off for my vaccine in an hour...
                    An old pal was on asking if Joe had his vaccine yet...apparently herself and her husband signed up with HSE to do meals on wheels last March so they'd get a fast track vaccine (they are cute hoors..always trying to be one up)..but in the meantime the system changed to age priority and because they were registered as frontline workers they can't register a second time:egad: anyone else i'd feel sorry for but......??
                    Anyway when I told her not only Joe had his but I'm getting mine today (I'm well younger than both of them)...think it was the last straw...oh dear! Laters lovelies xx
                    Last edited by mollyka; April 30, 2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Morning and waves to the world,
                      That's horrendous, Bridgee. Poor lassie and her family. How did they cope and I wonder how are they coping now?

They didn't cope, and it should never have been allowed to happen. And I do mean 'allowed'. Bailey was a well known repeat violent offender who should not have been on the streets. Hideous, evil man. There was (and still is) intense public rage about that case. It comes up over and over again even almost a decade later.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just calling in to say good night.
                        The fence is on hold as they've run out of wood. I'll have to hire some lumberjacks..........
                        Monty Python - Lumberjack Song - YouTube

New month tomorrow as well..........already there in down underland.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Everyone in Ireland musta run out of lumber as well jacks ...my week in Kerry has been cancelled..apparently because hotels don't open till 2nd June cottages for rent don't either..so trying to get an Airbnb with a garden ...with a fence....nah...not one in Ireland..just lots of ones with reviews saying how they love looking out at fields of sheep...hmmmm....so would Max I guess:egad:

Vaccinated at last..40's and 50's starting shortly the lady told me

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                            Good morning JC, Molly and all to come. Most people on my crochet group were fine after vaccine, only one felt really tired and achy but she has underlying condition. Will be strange going back to work Molly but after a few days will be as if you never left. Agree with you Satz, roads are crazy and car parks at woods overcrowded. Found lockdown a lot easier. How are you getting on with Gerard? Only thing I find annoying is counting calories but then I hear his voice saying “well how did not counting work for you?”. Not so well so I’ll suck it up.

Car is fine Bridget, just bulbs and a few other things. Got my walk done and now need to do the dreaded grocery shop.
                            Ye know Rusters - no matter how we dress it up with Points in WW etc. it always comes down to Calories in / Calories out.
                            I eventually stopped messing & accepted that. I had myself tied in knots with gym guy saying eat protein - eat more more more ........
                            that's ok for a 30 year old lad training every day - not an 'ol wan like me. :haha:
                            I was simply eating too much ....

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              reviews saying how they love looking out at fields of sheep...hmmmm....so would Max I guess:egad:

Vaccinated at last..40's and 50's starting shortly the lady told me
                              :haha: Mad Max

Well done though on the vaccine - any side effects ?

Comment

Techie, so sorry to hear your awful news.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X