Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army Garrison April 2021

Originally posted by techie View Post
    Thank you for your support, concern, and prayers. Mom is stable. Paralyzed on her right side, but stable. They have granted me permission to see her tomorrow. I’ll have 20 minute, and I have to enter through the back employee entrance. I spoke with the CEO of the non profit that runs these facilities earlier. He recognized me by name as my wife and I gave them a huge donation at one of their fund raisers last year. So, it seems that gave me enough cachet to break the rules. We are so angry at California for its slow speed at allowing vaccinated individuals to visit loved ones in hospitals and nursing facilities. I am now giving a lot of thought about moving out of California. While it is a beautiful state, it is a failed one politically, economically, and environmentally.

Sorry for the rant. I am extremely grateful for this site and all of you. A friend was worried that I may drink or take pills. I told her that version of me no longer exists. Thanks again Army friends.
    Hi Techie, sorry to hear of your mums condition, such a relief that you can get to see her, anything else is bordering on cruelty despite the reasons given.

Originally posted by brit View Post
    Good afternoon, sad news regarding your Mother Techie but glad you can get to see her.
    Great news re Joe clear of that infection Molly but still difficult time I guess.
    I feel lonely here in this house but luckily I can encourage myself to get out and walk or slow run every day.

2nd Vaccine due next week so maybe I can plan to see my lovely daughter in Norway if they let me in.
    Hi Mrs A, it will be great to get the second jab and I do hope you get to see your daughter sooner rather than later.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning very a very sunny Costa del Mersey. Off to have a shower and wash my hair and then go to opticians to order new glasses.

Breaking up my day into chunks which seems to help.

Rusty my Oslo daughter also said lockdown restrictions in place over there so it may be some time before I can get over there.

Comment

Good on you MrsA!! As regards one rule fits all with Covid...I agree somewhat...providing the people who make alternative decisions are responsible and not looking out for some sort of advantage for their organisation or business...my point is that Joe was in a Covid free hospital...his doctor said if he had contracted Covid when he was really ill his chances were very poor..so yeah I would have lost it if visitors were allowed in despite my overwhelming wish to see my husband potentially one last time..so I felt very strongly about that...that's all

Beautiful day today and I agree with changing up the day as much as possible..we try to walk somewhere different every day ...bout all we can do for now!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone. Beautiful morning here too. We are the same, try and vary the walks, about all we can do. The sea is outside our 5km but will be there as soon as the 20km comes in. Hubby working from home and runs/walks in the woods, no social interaction in three months. Not good, I’ve taken him to garden centres the last two weekends and might try a farmer’s market this morning.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
            [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........delighted that Joe's op is going ahead.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]............no Costa del Tyne here. We've had a bit more snow. and a lot more sleet yesterday. Its freezing. I'm sure when the stork dropped me off he made a mistake and should have put me somewhere a tad warmer.

This is us from Monday..............Further easing of Covid restrictions confirmed for 12 April - GOV.UK (By the way haven't a clue what the rules are in Scotland or Wales)

It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              Morning and waves to the world,
              [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........delighted that Joe's op is going ahead.

This is us from Monday..............Further easing of Covid restrictions confirmed for 12 April - GOV.UK (By the way haven't a clue what the rules are in Scotland or Wales)

Yes -- we are over the moon Jacks -- puts a whole new perspective on things -- I'll be honest -- I've heard of so many dying of sepsis I was really underneath wondering if he was ever going to recover... happy out now!!!

Fantastic your lifting of regulations -- life will feel nearly normal over there -- he may have made a bollix of things at the beginning but he certainly finished it well!!! We are as Rusters says - allowed go county wide or 20 kms - it opens up LOADS to us tbh - we are literally at the top tip of county Dublin so we've all that at our disposal and we can go up through Meath and Louth -- not bad after a 5K rule!

Beautiful day here Jacks -- Max just had an outdoor 'shower' - he's smelling like a lily!

Comment

Hi friends. I had a very emotional visit with my mom yesterday. It was a shock to see her so debilitated. I made the decision to have her moved to hospice. You don’t know my mom, but she is one of the most selfless people I have ever known. She is simply a beautiful person that loved life and the people in it. Yesterday she couldn’t speak, but yet we conversed. I felt her energy, and her love for me. Her body will not let go. She is an incredibly resilient woman. She has lost her husband and two of her three children. I moved her from New York to California in 2015 after my sister died. She never complained or resented being uprooted. She handled it all with grace. I’m ashamed that I didn’t have the courage, or perhaps enough love to help her transition. I’m punishing myself for that. Thank you for allowing me to share just a bit about her. Posting here is cathartic and your support means a great deal to me. Blessings x
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

It's lovely hearing a son talking about his mum like that Techie -- I hope my 3 sons can speak of me with love like that in years to come... the hospice is probably the kindest place for her to be - she obviously isn't well enough to be brought home... and certainly the hospices in Ireland they treat people with such dignity and care - I have nothing but praise for them, my aunt was in one when my youngest was still a baby - we used to visit as a family and they were so good to us as well! No point punishing yourself for something like that -- if I went back and dwelt on times I maybe wasn't as thoughtful or understanding as I should have been to my mum I'd be beating myself with a rod till I die... just remember the lovely times and enjoy to the best of your ability the remainder of her life... xx

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]..............though we've never met your mum, we are getting to know her through you. We know you as a man who is kind and thoughtful and you learned that from her and you pass that compassion to others. She is proud of you.
                    Although she doesn't know us we send her our love.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Techie, I can’t add anything more to the lovely words that Molly and JC have written to you, from the heart it seems to me.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Great decision [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], she sounds like an amazing woman :heartbeat:

Brilliant news about Joe Molly.

Bridge, this is for you; F*ck That: An Honest Meditation - YouTube
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hola army,

Good to hear re Joe, Mollstar.

Hi Techie,

Thinking of you and your mum. I echo what Molly and JC said. Take care of yourself man.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; April 10, 2021, 10:03 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning,
                            It snowed again last night (I'm beginning to sound like a broken record).............it is April isn't it? Snow's melted but it still baltic.
                            Ooh and a month today I get my second dose of vaccine...............I'll be able to run amock and prolly get run over by a bus.
                            Yes, I got out of the wrong side of the bed and feeling more than a tad grouchy.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning everyone.

Don’t blame you JC, so over winter at this stage. We had heavy frost but it is beautiful and sunny now. Nippy in the shade though. Getting an hour or two in the garden most days, doing the spring cleanup so that and a walk help.

Back at work in the morning. Took the Tuesday after the bank holiday off so have not been in for nearly two weeks. Nice to have the break. Looking forward to getting out of my 5km tomorrow.

Comment

Hello grouchy bum and all before her.

Molly that is without a doubt the worst workplace story I have ever heard. Pure disgusting that is. I'm afraid if I don't do this I will hate myself and end up with colon cancer. NOBODY has any guts over there. I seem to have spent all of my days for 5 years taking the piss out of the place loudly as a way of drawing attention to the inequities and I'm tired of it. They won't listen to what I say but they might have to pay attention to what I do.

Going to have a proper read back but before I do; you don't have anything to feel guilty about Techie. You clearly love your Mum and all of your family and have a great deal of compassion and empathy for them. You are a good son, and she will know that.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X