Army May 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army May 2021

Morning! I feel your pain Starty..have arthritis since my 20's...genetic in my case apparently and a right pain in the hole particularly in winter...the CBD should help..deffo give it a go!
    Re. being less sensitive than when drinking Mary...so funny that...raised its head this morning..was telling Joe my stomach is sore...sort of bloated..he said it could be cos I'd been lying around for the last 24 hours (I had been cos sick from vaccine)...in the past that would have escalated into screaming 'are you calling me a lazy cow?'....and more.....much much more

Just agreed with him today cos he's probably right:welldone:
    Feel grand now...headache gone and going to try a limited version of gardening today...as much as an OCD mutt will allow...he goes crazy barking if anything isn't where it belongs....sigh
    Beautiful day here so far!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks guys. I get mine from here Simply CBD - Trusted CBD Oil UK - Buy CBD Products Online I am going to start on the Green one. Apparently it has CBDa in which makes it full spectrum and a good starter oil .

Glad you are feeling better Molls

I think not taking drink drugs makes us MUCH less sensitive and more rational. thankfully. Truly exhausting being in that frame of mind

Muttley will settle down.....when he is about 4 :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        Thanks guys. I get mine from here Simply CBD - Trusted CBD Oil UK - Buy CBD Products Online I am going to start on the Green one. Apparently it has CBDa in which makes it full spectrum and a good starter oil .

Glad you are feeling better Molls

I think not taking drink drugs makes us MUCH less sensitive and more rational. thankfully. Truly exhausting being in that frame of mind

Muttley will settle down.....when he is about 4 :haha:
        Is he REALLY goin to be like this for 4 fecking YEARS?? He's big (30k) - so when he's bouncing around like the puppy he still is -- the house virtually SHAKES -- his energy is literally ENDLESS -- and everything is so poxy enthusiastic -- licking and jumping (indeed knocking over on occasion!) -- it's all very sweet etc... but my house my garden and my nerves are SHATTERED half the time -- I was at work on Friday and the peace was positively amazing... he hardly sleeps during the day anymore either - mainly cat naps in the sunshine so no peace during the day either -- at least when he was littler he slept half the day.... FOUR YEARS?????? we haven't even done ONE:egad:

Comment

Morning,
          Glad you're feeling better,Molls.
          I would have said nearer three but I think some of that is you can tell exactly what they're about to do and you get there first. Then you run around the kitchen like you've won the world cup.
          Takes about half an hour to realise you've got one over on a dog and you feel a proper tool getting one over on a dog.

Awful lot of puppers have been bought to keep people 'busy' during the lockdown. Now we're on the verge of near normality they're now up for adoption. There's a large bit of me thinks they should put the 'owners' out for adoption and give me the dogs.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Morning,
            Glad you're feeling better,Molls.
            I would have said nearer three but I think some of that is you can tell exactly what they're about to do and you get there first. Then you run around the kitchen like you've won the world cup.
            Takes about half an hour to realise you've got one over on a dog and you feel a proper tool getting one over on a dog.

Awful lot of puppers have been bought to keep people 'busy' during the lockdown. Now we're on the verge of near normality they're now up for adoption. There's a large bit of me thinks they should put the 'owners' out for adoption and give me the dogs.
            d'ya want a dog?

ah look -- there'll always be muppets with dogs -- christmas etc....and that's appalling -- but there's as many people looking for dogs I'm guessing so they'll end up somewhere alright --
            I was finding him improving in behaviour in the last few weeks -- we had adolescence last month -- haha -- jaysus -- it isn't over I know but -- I did think with a small element of quietening I thought he might progressively improve..... right --- in 3-4 years --- grand...

Comment

You've got yourself a large working dog Molls However I have known quite a few gorgeous calm dobies but the puppy stage especially in big dogs does go on. Also they go through stages. Around 18 months can be quite a nervy stage and lots of confidence needed to help them through.

I am so angry at all the lockdown dogs people got and the bewilderment in some folks when they go back to work and realise that dog is not so happy to be left.

Comment

I'd like to see immense fines and their name on a register............that's after I given them a good talking to with my right foot.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

You've got yourself a large working dog Molls However I have known quite a few gorgeous calm dobies but the puppy stage especially in big dogs does go on. Also they go through stages. Around 18 months can be quite a nervy stage and lots of confidence needed to help them through.

I am so angry at all the lockdown dogs people got and the bewilderment in some folks when they go back to work and realise that dog is not so happy to be left.
                  Oh believe you me I didn't get him....Joe did...and he's perfectly happy..it's me that's whinging...he's loving all the antics and in fairness he does all the chores attached to a pup...I just can't get past the fact this was imposed on me...my plans for the garden...gone...etc etc etc...sorry...i know youre all dog lovers but my childhood was tainted by dogs and now my retirement will be at risk:eek-new:...I'll get over it....Joe's like a pig in shit so I'll leave it at that!!!

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Sorry to hear about the arthritis Starty, hope the oil works for you. Feel for you with the dog Molly. I’m the same with this fella. Didn’t want a big dog and he was only meant to be here until boyfriend got a house. Romance over and I’m stuck with dog. He is a lot of work compared to the little ones who are more like cats and I can’t leave him behind when going on walks. I let him off lead and he runs and runs, makes for a peaceful day for everyone. Skip full, the feeling of satisfaction is immense.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                      Afternoon everyone. Sorry to hear about the arthritis Starty, hope the oil works for you. Feel for you with the dog Molly. I’m the same with this fella. Didn’t want a big dog and he was only meant to be here until boyfriend got a house. Romance over and I’m stuck with dog. He is a lot of work compared to the little ones who are more like cats and I can’t leave him behind when going on walks. I let him off lead and he runs and runs, makes for a peaceful day for everyone. Skip full, the feeling of satisfaction is immense.
                      oh I didn't realise the big lad was permanent with you --- yeah it's a sort of sense of grievance when it wasn't what we planned huh?? Max is a sweetheart -- he's a big gentle slobbering lump - he'd love you to death... my kids all have what they call 'Max clothes' when they visit cos of slobber..and I wouldn't be great with little dogs either.. a lot of them seemed to bite ankles and bark a lot when I was little... but we have fields across the road - the farmer has sold them and the new owners are nowhere to be seen - so he gallops around there as much as he's allowed and comes back and collapses in the back garden... I shouldn't be giving out about him - I've been gardening the last two hours and he just mooched around with me --so no more giving out from me -- and that's IT!!!

Joe is going to find a really nice boarding kennel for him so we can go on the bike for a few days in July - not long -- just as our solo debut ;-)

and now -- my big news -- and this makes me really excited -- we have a forgotten about little area down the bottom of the garden - never use it - it has steps into it and a wee pond and trees and shit -- Joe is going to put a fence around it with a wee gate -- SO I CAN GARDEN!!! It will be MY area -- Joe and dog can have the rest of it -- but it'll be mine!!! I'm already planting seeds! now I'm thinkin -- why am I wanting to move house... sorry -- I'm just thinking out loud -- enjoy the rest of your day Army and ignore my drivel xx

oh P.S. --- skip envy multiplied by million -- I LOVE skips!!!

Comment

Awww that is fab news Molls! Having your own space will make such a difference to how you feel about doggo. And it sounds like he is getting used to your habits. Casey hates me doing exercises and jumps up at me and is a general pain in the hole. Today he followed me into the bedroom and fell asleep while I was doing my pilates. All I could hear was his very loud snores. It was wonderful

What sort of doggo is your Rustop? It does make such a difference when they can wear themselves out. Took Fen the lurcher for a 5 mile walk today and he has been out for the count all day. Perfect

Comment

That's fab news ,Molls. You're own little haven. Do you still have your hammock? or am I thinking of someone else. Is it just Max that can't come in or can we come round for a cuppa?

Gearing up for the last episode Of Line of Duty.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Awww that is fab news Molls! Having your own space will make such a difference to how you feel about doggo. And it sounds like he is getting used to your habits. Casey hates me doing exercises and jumps up at me and is a general pain in the hole. Today he followed me into the bedroom and fell asleep while I was doing my pilates. All I could hear was his very loud snores. It was wonderful

What sort of doggo is your Rustop? It does make such a difference when they can wear themselves out. Took Fen the lurcher for a 5 mile walk today and he has been out for the count all day. Perfect
                            Sounds so civilised Starts --- maybe some day............lease:

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            That's fab news ,Molls. You're own little haven. Do you still have your hammock? or am I thinking of someone else. Is it just Max that can't come in or can we come round for a cuppa?

Gearing up for the last episode Of Line of Duty.
                            The tree that the hammock hung out of died so it hasn't been used for a while -- probably in the shed... must mention it to himself!
                            Everyone on two legs is welcome into my wee garden -- just give me a year or two to make it habitable -- it has literally grown completely wild since we stopped using it... 'found' a japanese maple in there today!

Only seen 4 episodes of Line of Duty -- so may have to avoid tinternet for a few days.....
                            Last edited by mollyka; May 2, 2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              Oh believe you me I didn't get him....Joe did...and he's perfectly happy..it's me that's whinging...he's loving all the antics and in fairness he does all the chores attached to a pup...I just can't get past the fact this was imposed on me...my plans for the garden...gone...etc etc etc...sorry...i know youre all dog lovers but my childhood was tainted by dogs and now my retirement will be at risk:eek-new:...I'll get over it....Joe's like a pig in shit so I'll leave it at that!!!
                              :harhar: Sorry for laughing Molls - but you do have a way with words that makes me laugh.
                              He sounds great Max the Mutt.
                              I wasn't always a dog lover - only came on me in the past 4 / 5 years - I blame no grandkids. Needed something to care for I suppose.

With regard to digging etc. all I know is Rosie, when in puppyhood started digging yer man's garden - he wasn't happy.
                              Back in the recess of my mind I remembered that if you leave a plastic bottle half full of water lying in the spot where a dog digs it stops them.

It WORKED. She never went back. I noticed the bottle is still there today :haha:
                              Last edited by satz123; May 2, 2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Oh and take heart @mollyka - in a month or two he'll learn words & also know when you are annoyed with him.
                                First word to teach him "NO" when he runs 'round messing your garden.
                                Oh & never laugh when he does something cute but makes a mess - he'll keep doing it .... to make you happy. :heart:

Therein is the height of my knowledge of madras ....
                                Last edited by satz123; May 2, 2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X