Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army May 2021

Hi ho to everyone.

I'm going to try to stop giving out like Molly but I can't make any promises because I really enjoy it.

Oh well [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] at least you can do something nice with the cellar money and I'm sure you'll be glad to have it out of the house and the space cleared out. Biggest waste of space ever, alcohol. In every way.

I continue to bounce between jobs. It's actually turning out really well because nobody knows what I am from day to day and they leave me alone.

I wonder if I never actually changed my email signature line for either they'd forget who I am and I could just go to the parents room or the bike hub and make my office there? I'm going to think some more about this. I could move my desk in and just start checking people in, hand them a paper towel and tick their name off. Nobody will ever work it out. *first glimmer of hope in months*
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Hi ho to everyone.

I'm going to try to stop giving out like Molly but I can't make any promises because I really enjoy it.

Oh well [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] at least you can do something nice with the cellar money and I'm sure you'll be glad to have it out of the house and the space cleared out. Biggest waste of space ever, alcohol. In every way.

I continue to bounce between jobs. It's actually turning out really well because nobody knows what I am from day to day and they leave me alone.

I wonder if I never actually changed my email signature line for either they'd forget who I am and I could just go to the parents room or the bike hub and make my office there? I'm going to think some more about this. I could move my desk in and just start checking people in, hand them a paper towel and tick their name off. Nobody will ever work it out. *first glimmer of hope in months*
      Many many years ago I worked with an 'old' man ( in hindsight probably about 50!)...and he was a bit of a law onto himself...rumour had it that he threw his manager out a window onto College Green....so nobody messed with him....he literally had NO job title so he'd mosie in about 10am have a few cuppas then have a little walk...he'd go for his lunch then and wud go home about 3...it was hilarious...as was he....I loved his stories...more outrageous by the day....he did that for YEARS!!!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning everyone. Go for it Bridget and keep us entertained. Very wet and windy morning here. Never thought I would say it but the garden needs it. Great news Molly on your private garden. The big dog is a retriever/lab cross Starty and he is sweet but boisterous. Feet up crocheting, might get a walk in later if it clears.

Comment

Hello Army,
          Bit wet and bedraggled, storm torn, but back.
          Uncertain how to explain myself so not even going to attempt it.
          I think it more honourable to announce myself rather than lurk.
          Happy May!

Comment

Well it's great you are here now Fickle...get a few weeks under your belt and you can work out the why's and wherefore's for yourself..in the meantime ....one day at a time ..clichèd but true! Good to see you back xx

Comment

G'night Army...in the bed ...early start for work in morning....hard life
              Xxx

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                Hello Army,
                I think it more honourable to announce myself rather than lurk.
                Happy May!
                Welcome back Fickle :hug:
                I'm not as polite as Mollers - lost the filter years ago - I'm a nosy cow. So give us the gory details.
                No judgement here. If you had / having an 'episode' share it and let's see what advice can be given or what we all can learn from it ?
                Really pointless us all being here if we can't learn from each other's experiences.

Comment

Good to see you [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. You dont need to 'explain' yourself, we are all here with the same goal and as Satz says, who are we to judge..

Had folks and aunt here for lunch, all fully vaccinated, they couldnt wait to get out Lots of hugging. Bit stressful, entertaining after so long! Lovely afternoon and they were no sooner gone that we had a text from the school, youngest is deemed a close contract from someone in her classroom (another class are in the same room - small school, only 12 in each class). 1st case in the school, so theres a panic..
                  Here we go again, restricting our movements..

Thats gas Molly. I worked with a guy like that too. He got a massive payoff and that's a story in itself!
                  Solid idea Bridge!! Are you going into the office now? every day?
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all,
                    Super quick pass through as I just got out of bed - it's almost lunch time here - I just couldn't get out of bed. No still working from home Mers so will need to motor to get caught up. Until I start work at the toilet block that is.

Many many years ago I worked with an 'old' man ( in hindsight probably about 50!)...and he was a bit of a law onto himself...rumour had it that he threw his manager out a window onto College Green....so nobody messed with him....he literally had NO job title so he'd mosie in about 10am have a few cuppas then have a little walk...he'd go for his lunch then and wud go home about 3...it was hilarious...as was he....I loved his stories...more outrageous by the day....he did that for YEARS!!!

Molly, they are the only kind of people who can survive in an organisation like that. I admire them. They realise how things are and do it their own way.

FICKLE!!!
                    Good enough for me. I'm just really, really happy to have you back
                    :heartbeat:
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thanks for the warm fuzzy welcome my dears :hug:
                      I'm still a bit confused so yes, time enough to unpick when I'm sensible again.
                      For now having an early night, keeping a low profile and trying to find my way back to day 1 again.
                      Has been a lot of ups and downs but mostly, I'm amazed at how long its been going on.
                      What a boring vortex it is.

Comment

Morning and May the Fourth be with you.
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; May 4, 2021, 09:19 AM.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Welcome back Fickle, let us know if we can help. Am glad that I have joined this diet as with all the stress of stuff going on with both my daughters the sneaky thought of wouldn’t a glass of wine be lovely has entered my head a few times lately. Well the first one might be ok but it would be down the rabbit hole after that.

Fingers crossed Mary, it really is never ending. One step forward and two back. Just booked a spa break for one night. Christmas present from my girls. It’s local but will be nice to get away for even one night. Not sure yet what treatments they can do but who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                            Afternoon everyone. Welcome back Fickle, let us know if we can help. Am glad that I have joined this diet as with all the stress of stuff going on with both my daughters the sneaky thought of wouldn’t a glass of wine be lovely has entered my head a few times lately. Well the first one might be ok but it would be down the rabbit hole after that.

Fingers crossed Mary, it really is never ending. One step forward and two back. Just booked a spa break for one night. Christmas present from my girls. It’s local but will be nice to get away for even one night. Not sure yet what treatments they can do but who cares.
                            Dead right Rusters...someone handing me a cuppa would be a 'treatment' for me:victorious:

Booked a week away WITHOUT the dog...dead excited..found a lovely kennels just up the road and booked hotels etc for end July...just Ireland for now..if all goes well we might venture further afield in Sept..is it possible we may be getting our lives back???
                            Don't even go there in your head Rusters...I never let the thought develop!! Had a grand day at work...micro-manager on hols and it's positively lovely....

Good woman Fickle...now pick your time/date and run with it...you've done it before so you know it can all happen again xx

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]............wecome back, darling. :hug: Get into the routine of posting everyday. It really does help.
                              We're here to help not to judge.

Luckily we've got a cousin that'll take our dog have done with numerous other hounds. We've never had to use a kennels. She has a mahoosove house with a mahooosive garden. And she's as daft about gods as we are. And rabbits and Guinea pigs.

I've misread my second jab and its the 26th May not the 11th and feel a proper tool. I really must read the small print. But on the 11th I am getting another hearing test so is Mr. JC.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

2 of my little darlings offered to take him but oh I dunno I rather be independent whenever possible...I'm sure there'll be times we're stuck and then I'll call on them...but like childminding...reckon if truth be told no one wants to mind anyone's children....or animals really! If he was just an old dog slouching around maybe but he's full of energy..so a bit of company of other dogs and running in yer mans fields it's win-win really.

I'm in the bed and quite tired after one day ...jeez!!!!
                                Night all xxxx
                                Last edited by mollyka; May 4, 2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X