Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army June 2021

Morning and waves to the universe,
    The man that can turned up spot on 8 am. Mr. JC hadn't left for work so I didn't have to listen to what the feck is wrong with our internet. Yer man has disappeared to check something .........forgive me I wasn't listening as I don't speak the language of modems and rooters. So I'll just carry on piggy-backing off next door's internet for now.

Its absolutely chucking down and it was warmer in January. We've got the heating on.

How's the tooth, Molls?

Would love to hear how you're doing Stirly.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Its absolutely chucking down and it was warmer in January. We've got the heating on.

How's the tooth, Molls?

Would love to hear how you're doing Stirly.
      Morning JC and all to come. Glad Internet man turned up bang on time, an event that rarely happens here.

Did an early walk and while not chucking it down was raining so got wet, also much colder. Nothing major planned for weekend, just puttering around in garden. Might take the crochet out again too, have not done any in ages.

Yes @Stirly, would love to hear from you, also some other MIA’s. Hope the tooth has improved Molly. Clare is on my list of places to revisit Mary, have not been there in thirty plus years.

Comment

Just called in to say good night to the overs and good morning to down under.

The man that can was here ages..........and its fixed (for now). Something to do with the outside bit but we spent most of the time talking about his two black Labradors. They are gorgeous.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

THANK YOU [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]

JESUS !! I forgot my own anniversary - FFS ! ...... too busy trying to match shoes & shagging bag with dress for upcoming nuptials ..........( yawn)
          Thanks everyone..... :heart:

They keep pressuring me to come back to the workplace in contravention of their own policies. Their only justification for return is 'team spirit' I keep telling them that I am not catching B.1.617.2 strain for their concept of joie de vivre. The truth is that the CEO said 'jump' and they all mindlessly complied. Jesus I'm sick of sheep.
          I laughed out loud at that Biddie ..... Rosie got a fright & launched herself at me. She does that when I sneeze or cough too .....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEY :yay:

Comment

Good morning! Not much to say except I have a new little car and the wine sold for £6660!

Well done on that anniversary Satz I do love your posts.

Hopefully you are feeling much better Jackie and your depression has lifted. How is the tooth Molly?

Rusty I cannot get to Norway as the flights are rubbish so I will have to wait. It is very disappointing.

Bridge we keep hearing about Sydney and the virus Hope you are far away from there?

No running today Mers?

Hello to everyone else

Comment

Morning and waves to the world

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...........crikey, I know that I was just the secretary in the wine place I worked at but that's a huge amount for the wine, your husband must have had a good eye.

Its darkness is lifting not at the speed I'd like though but I'll get there. Good days are outnumbering the shit days.

Right got to throw some clothes on charge over to Mrs S&H's with her birthday pressie. S&H is has organized a surprise for her.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Wow Brit, that is a great price, enjoy a treat from it and enjoy your new car. Disappointing regarding Norway. We still seem to have SAS flights that look ok but I would need to have had my vaccine over 15 weeks or I would have to quarantine over there. So like yourself I will wait another while.

Glad the darkness is slowly lifting JC, enjoy the birthday celebrations. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                  And I want to say sorry @byebyebridgetjones for missing your 2 year date with a cake. But I have you in my reminder calendar now so you'll be getting one next year for sure!
                  Don't worry about it mate.

My liver got up early, made me breakfast and gave me flowers, it's so grateful.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Thanks Bridge...the antibiotic is taking some pain away.
                    You can usually take pain relief as well with that. It's not double-dipping as we sometimes assume. They told you that, right?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all!
                      I'm up very late tonight, with the adults. I may as well because we are in lock down for the next 2 weeks. I stay home all the time when it's not lockdown, but something about Gladys Berejiklian getting that long pointer finger out and saying 'youz are all in lock down' made me want to go out all of a sudden. It started at 6pm and by 8pm I was singing solidarity songs to the dog set to The Pogues 'Dirty Old Town'

Mr G, you must have been in lock down about 104 times by now. Suggestions?

A BIG BIG congratulations to Satzy for 8 Years!! And a birthday!!

Now I hope you're going to spend that grog money on a nice spa day and a treat Brit! And lovely that you have a little car to zip around in and have some independence. Sad for you both Brit and Rustop that you can't get out to Norway just yet.

Hi-di hi to Starty and JC , Tabbers and Mers and Techie. I may well be around a bit more *cough*
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        You can usually take pain relief as well with that. It's not double-dipping as we sometimes assume. They told you that, right?
                        oh they did indeed -- and I'm gobbling down same --- still hurts tho!

Nice one MrsA --- I'd love a new car -- and what a smashing amount to get for a few bottles of wine -- well yeah -- I presume it was a lot of wine - but it is a lot of lolly!

Lockdown Bridge? jeez - I thought that was behind us all -- - really cannot face the thought of another one... I'm just about ready to fly free really -- enough! ah - I'm sure we'll be back behind bars soon enough -- ffs!

No news here -- howdy everyone -- 43 years married today -- good holy god -- only seem to remember about 3 of them -- anyways -- I'm worn out -- suffering from speaking to 'elderly' people (they think they are elderly - and they talk to me like I'm 'the young girl in the library') -- I'm guessing I'm as old as half them -- but they are stretched --- they really didn't cope with lockdowns - and now not coping with being out and about -- it's like they lost all their social skills -- counted 5 of them today who said they loved coming in to talk to us cos we listen to all their woe's --- I'm jaded by it tho... how selfish is that?? so off to bed I go -- goodnight lovelies and will deffo talk tomorrow - sorry I missed all/any xxx
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........congratulations on your anniversary.

Went over to see the S&H and his Mrs this morning. They were supposed to go to the races with their pals for her birthday treat but they were called off because of the rain. She was not a happy bunny.

Got Jenny coming for the day tomorrow. Exams are over so her schedule has become less busy.

Merry Hell going off over one of our government caught in an 'awkward' situation with one of his staff. Lets just say they weren't adhering to government rules of the 2 metres in a lift. Perhaps he thought it was 2mm.

Sleep well and sweet dreams to those going to bed and apologies to the undies getting up about the mess I've left in the kitchen.
                          Attached Files
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I just walked right passed that mess [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]... you sound a bit better in yourself :hug:

Always running [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].. you getting out much? Lovely windfall for the wine! pity yourself and Rustop cant get to norway soon..

Im not keeping up to date with Australia, more lockdowns!! At least your Part time now bridge, that changes everything :sohappy: hopefully.

Congratulation's Molly! We forgot ours this year, a friend reminded us at some point in the day...woops.

nothing exciting here. Had coffee with friends and her tiny 3 week old baby :love_heart: made a very nice dark chocolate banana bread (no sugar, or butter)...

night!
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Mr G, you must have been in lock down about 104 times by now. Suggestions?

*cough* it's not THE COVID is it?? !!
                              Bridgey, sorry about the lockdown up there. For Army folk - we have different rules/restrictions and covid case rates in our 7 or so different states and territories. So whilst Jonesy's state/county is in lockdown, my state has just come out of a similar 2 week one. Although my state was hit hardest in Oz last year especially with around 5 months straight of it.

I'd recommend -

1. getting out for a walk/drive and into nature daily where possible, limiting shopping time with the panicking masses.

2. Maintaining a positive mental attitude the best way you can every day. I do this by reading books that encourage me to go for gold, and/or you tube vids that make you feel good and maybe teach you something new, or reinforce the values and mission statement that you hold dear. Surrounding yourself with things you love. Keep it simple at all times.

3. Repeat number 2. Along with minimising/eliminating negative commentary from your head, or from others.

4. Do stuff you love to do daily, even for 5 minutes. Schedule it in, or go crazeeeee.

5. Relax. Chill, breathe deeply regularly. Relax shoulders, face, neck, back, body, mind. Use the lockdown to rebuild and recharge any area that needs it.

6. I can be your bubble partner. This means there's no limit on travel or visit time. Ok, could be a blessing or a curse, however..........:cell::hiya:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning all, happy hangover free Sunday morning, don’t think this will ever get stale.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                The man that can was here ages..........and its fixed (for now). Something to do with the outside bit but we spent most of the time talking about his two black Labradors. They are gorgeous.
                                How much poorer a place life would be without our furry friends eh.

Originally posted by brit View Post
                                Good morning! Not much to say except I have a new little car and the wine sold for £6660!.
                                Sounds like your hubby was a smart man when it came to investment Brit. Enjoy your new car, it will always mean something special to you I reckon.

Don't worry about it mate.

My liver got up early, made me breakfast and gave me flowers, it's so grateful.
                                Haha haha, not sure mine is speaking to me yet, it has a long memory.
                                P.S. thanks for the shout out.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                No news here -- howdy everyone -- 43 years married today -- good holy god -- only seem to remember about 3 of them -- anyways -- I'm worn out -- suffering from speaking to 'elderly' people (they think they are elderly - and they talk to me like I'm 'the young girl in the library') -- I'm guessing I'm as old as half them -- but they are stretched --- they really didn't cope with lockdowns - and now not coping with being out and about -- it's like they lost all their social skills -- counted 5 of them today who said they loved coming in to talk to us cos we listen to all their woe's --- I'm jaded by it tho... how selfish is that?? so off to bed I go -- goodnight lovelies and will deffo talk tomorrow - sorry I missed all/any xxx
                                Congrats on your anniversary, how lovely to grow together through good times and bad, a life shared, at least that’s how I see it with DW and I.
                                I don’t think you are being selfish at all, you have to protect your own mental health too and while being a friendly ear is admirable it can wear thin. Nothing to feel guilty about if you don’t wish to engage with everyone all day long.

Right folks up and out early today, meeting a good friend in person this morning for a long walk and then a coffee for the first time since all this madness started. It will us both the world of good I believe. Take care and make the most of today, it won’t come around again.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X