Army June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army June 2021

Good morning Army people. Fabulous news on all fronts Satz.

I am off to the the Lake District for the weekend. It is an adventure weekend that we have organised for the past 20 years. I have about 40 friends coming and I am not sure how I feel about going. I am going to have to be as courageous as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
      Good morning Army people. Fabulous news on all fronts Satz.

I am off to the the Lake District for the weekend. It is an adventure weekend that we have organised for the past 20 years. I have about 40 friends coming and I am not sure how I feel about going. I am going to have to be as courageous as I can.
      [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Ms A that will be a very difficult one. Try to meet as many as you can as soon as you can & get it over with. Or stand on a hilltop & say - "Thank you - yes you are heart broken - you're trying to celebrate the life you had together and also moving gently into the next phase. He'd hate you to be unhappy".
      Then have a BRILLIANT BRILLIANT time.
      No guilt at enjoying yourself - y'hear ...... :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
        Hola Army. Wonderful to see you @satz123 :-)
        Why - THANK YOU kind sir !! :heart:

Comment

Wow, I've never heard of ear holes being covered by house insurance JC. Well done!

Isn't it amazing where we find these things [MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top?
          I once found my mobile phone in the recycle bin. Picked it up with a pile of catalogues. It was recycle night too, so just as well I rang it before the truck came. They turn up in the freezer too, phones.

Hey [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], can you go with your group but preface the adventure with the possibility that you might need some time to yourself?

Glad to hear YS is on the wagon again. When I think of the number of times that I tried and failed...hope this is his time.

Hey Mers did you take a drink of water just so you could see it dribble out one side of your mouth? That used to amuse me no end.

Full time is definitely the worst of both worlds Molly. Even financially sometimes depending on how much tax you pay.

I had one of those drinking dreams again last night. Some purported personal disaster was happening and I thought why not? Absolutely devastated I was in the dream, before I even 'sobered up'. Why do the drinking dreams keep coming even years later? So bloody annoying.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves ,
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............all I can think is they come under the jewelry bit when we were sorting the house insurance ( I don't even own that amount of jewelry) but the form didn't go as low as what I've actually got.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........what fantastic news. That's a huge wedding present she's earned herself. :sohappy:
            Are you ready for the big day? Isn't

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].....remember you've got The Army with you, while not in body but in our thoughts.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]......have a brill weekend.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].........you've always got a cheery hello for all................here's one from us. Have a fabulous day.

:heartbeat: to those I missed.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
              Wow, I've never heard of ear holes being covered by house insurance JC. Well done!

Isn't it amazing where we find these things [MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top?
              I once found my mobile phone in the recycle bin. Picked it up with a pile of catalogues. It was recycle night too, so just as well I rang it before the truck came. They turn up in the freezer too, phones.

Hey [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], can you go with your group but preface the adventure with the possibility that you might need some time to yourself?

Glad to hear YS is on the wagon again. When I think of the number of times that I tried and failed...hope this is his time.

Hey Mers did you take a drink of water just so you could see it dribble out one side of your mouth? That used to amuse me no end.

Full time is definitely the worst of both worlds Molly. Even financially sometimes depending on how much tax you pay.

I had one of those drinking dreams again last night. Some purported personal disaster was happening and I thought why not? Absolutely devastated I was in the dream, before I even 'sobered up'. Why do the drinking dreams keep coming even years later? So bloody annoying.
              Point is I don't have a choice...anyway tax is minimal cos I earn little and I've all Joe's tax allowances.
              Just popping in to say goodnight..that's wonderful news Benjy...so delighted bout both your sprogs..happy days..enjoy them! Night all
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                ..that's wonderful news Benjy...so delighted bout both your sprogs..happy days..enjoy them! Night all
                [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] .... Saddest thing is YS is the more kind, funny, and empathic of the two. But that person is being whittled away by alcohol.
                He is now a sad shadow of himself. He has the shakes, round welts now on his skin.
                Worn down by the constant drinking & the pain of days of drying out before he can visit his home.
                Alcohol is a BASTARD.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] .... Saddest thing is YS is the more kind, funny, and empathic of the two. But that person is being whittled away by alcohol.
                  He is now a sad shadow of himself. He has the shakes, round welts now on his skin.
                  Worn down by the constant drinking & the pain of days of drying out before he can visit his home.
                  Alcohol is a BASTARD.
                  Yes it is...undoubtedly...but..look ..I know alcohol aged me physically but otherwise now I'm relatively unscathed. I too had skin lesions shakes personality transplant..bad liver results etc in latter days of my drinking..but he can reverse it...you can reverse so much of the ravages of booze in a relatively short time...he hopefully will wake up one day and just think 'that's it...enough' and then he is a lucky person like I was who has a loving family to help him any way he needs it...believe it will happen...I saw so many young people turn their lives around in rehab and AA he can do it too xxxx
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves,
                    The only one I escaped was lesions but had everything else that Molls mentioned. At one point I was told if I carried on I had less than a year to live as my liver was near shot to death but having the arrogance of an alkie just kept on drinking.

I don't know if you remember but we went to the New Years Eve party three years ago at the sober cafe I volunteered at and as we left I bumped into someone I knew from where I used to a D&A I volunteered at. He was early 40 but looked 60.
                    I got such a shock at his appearance my first words were 'I thought you were dead'
                    He'd been to re-hab, took everything on board and uses it every day. I asked how he'd done it and all he said was 'I woke up'
                    Back in the day if I saw him outside of work I would swerve to avoid him. He's three years sober now, very involved with AA and would you believe he's now a friend on FB and volunteers at the place I did and helps in a night kitchen for the homeless.

I'm waffling all I'm trying to say is that there is life without alcohol, there's a lot of younger people in it these days with their own social life. In fact a few of the lads go cliff diving. They have their own football team.

Getting my nails done this afternoon and feel that old anxiety creeping in so we're off to do the grocery shop first.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

xpost [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. YS is still a young man, hoping this is his time when he wakes up. I remember that feeling, when I knew something had to give and feeling very alone. Another year passed before I found MOW...

7 interviews!! [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! omg - but it sounds amazing! what a fantastic adventure to kick off their married life!
                      [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], hope you have a fabulous time..

Everything has suddenly become so busy again, Im missing the quiet already!

(Yes of course I did the dribble bridge, I may as well have thrown the water at my face!!)
                      Last edited by IamMary; June 5, 2021, 06:44 PM.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning folks, happy sober Sunday morning to all. I drove past the local hotel last night and there was a lot of people outside drinking, made me think what is it going to be like when the pubs open up again, a free for all I imagine. Not easy for anyone who has quit during lockdown as the goal posts will now move. Forewarned is forearmed.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        Alcohol is a BASTARD.
                        Hi Benji, for me the light bulb moment was when I had a complete mindset change on how I view this poison. Understanding what effect al really has on our brains and bodies finally made sense of it all, the missing piece of the jigsaw. If YS can bring himself to have a listen to William Porter on YouTube or check out his website ‘alcohol explained’ I think it can only but help him. Getting him to do so is another matter, I know.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Evening all,
                          Just reporting in for Sunday night. A lovely weekend was had. Cool sunny, with much gardening.

Satz , it must be so hard to watch. Rest assured, I would vote to permanently ban alcohol and solve a good many of our problems.

Are you all made up now JC?

Time to wander off and catch up with YouTube gardening programmes.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning (just) and waves to the world.
                            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........back to normal..............helped along by Sky playing some old concerts from Queen, Iron Maiden, and Guns and Roses. Opened up some interesting conversations. We are now addicts of Sky music............so much so we watched some rather odd bands from Germany last night and an extremely talented Japanese woman/girl (she was about 14) playing the violin.

I had my nails done yesterday. There was still the masks and hand sanitizing but it was so normal..........I'd forgotten what 'normal' is.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

See below:
                              I did this post this morning & forgot to post it - t'was auto-saved :haha:

Good Morning all
                              Thank you for the positive posts Molls & Jacks. We live in hope of the final 'wake up' call for YS.

I'm off to the workhouse :llama:
                              The fine weather has me annoyed my weekends are taken up - but then I think there is no comfort anywhere on Sunday - with the hoards descending on every beauty spot.
                              I can wait for mid-week.
                              The joys of semi-retirement :thumbsup:
                              Last edited by satz123; June 6, 2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post

Hi Benji, for me the light bulb moment was when I had a complete mindset change on how I view this poison. Understanding what effect al really has on our brains and bodies finally made sense of it all, the missing piece of the jigsaw. If YS can bring himself to have a listen to William Porter on YouTube or check out his website ‘alcohol explained’ I think it can only but help him. Getting him to do so is another matter, I know.
                                Thanks Tabbers - I'll give him the YouTube link. Perhaps this one will hit home. We live in hope.
                                To be honest he has studied it for years. Dozens of books, blogs, videos - AA, Lifering, Rutland Centre, Aiseiri in-house treatment, counselling
                                - all theory though. As you say : putting it into action is another matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X