Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army June 2021

Morning and waves to the world,

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]......got them two and a half years ago.....the hearing aids cost about £3K plus. Luckily at the time, they were doing buy one get one free and they're covered by our house insurance.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]......you're spot on about the masks. The elastic gets tangled. I'm usually so careful that loosing the hearing aid sent me into a spin. Same goes for people wearing glasses. They steam up after a while.

Ye olde engagement up-grade came out of Jenny and Ads pocket.

Mr JC and I had one of those window-shattering arguments last night and he's working from home today. Can't remember how it started, can't remember most of what was said apart from I should (I'll put this politely) I should push off and find somewhere else to live and I told him to push off and go live with his parents. He's working from home today and I really, really don't want to speak to him.

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].........so glad you'll be able to check in more. I'll get you front seats for the ensuing row because its not over yet.

Other than that how is everyone?
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It's not like you and himself to have so many barnies? Is it the proximity of WFH do you think? When things are good again could you sit down and have a real heart to heart about what is actually wrong ..imo it's never about what we row about? Sending hugs...rowing is absolutely horrible
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........you're a darling. Thanks for the hugs.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        It's not like you and himself to have so many barnies? Is it the proximity of WFH do you think? When things are good again could you sit down and have a real heart to heart about what is actually wrong ..imo it's never about what we row about? Sending hugs...rowing is absolutely horrible
        First things first............we've sat at the dining room table and had a good long and sometimes uncomfortable talk. It has a lot to with WFH...................this is our home not a branch of his firm. I'm sure there are many going through it. At least there's just the two of us and not parents trying to home school their kids.

We do tend to bicker but its over little things and we end up laughing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone.

The working from home is difficult for everyone. I am glad to be able to get out to work for the two days. If not working I end up being gofer for everyone. Today I brought his car back to the garage as it was showing a warning for too much oil and we are driving west tomorrow. It is hardly driven any more and the message only appeared when he went a longer distance fishing the last two weekends. Turns out there was double the amount of oil in it. Must have filled it twice when it was being serviced. They tried to say he must have topped it up, which he didn’t. Ended up there for three hours not one. Aggh.

The engagement ring sounds lovely JC. Glad you sorted out your barney. Waves to everyone else, trying to pack and it’s so strange. On the plus side I found a chain that has been missing a year, it was in the inside pocket of a wash bag that I obviously have not used in a year. That’s my good news of the day.

Comment

Hi All
            Took a little sojourn away from MWO - just like everyone who doesn't post I had nothing valuable to say. [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - sugar is a curse to try quit. Addictive - but added to everything and is everywhere.
            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] I'm sensing resentment 'cos you are used to MR JC, when at home, being your other half.
            But now when he's home and working the dynamic changes & you have to share him.

Comment

Good to see you Benjy -- it is hard when there's nothing to say -- I've made a discovery in the last wee while -- have been eating more sweets - particularly on holiday - and twice now I've fasted for 2-3 days -- anything sweet tastes disgusting -- dunno how long it lasts but I'd happily fast again if I find myself digging into the biscuit tin...

Desperately tired tonight -- just not sure I'm going to last fulltime much longer - unfortunately there isn't an option to go shorter - and tbh it doesn't really appeal -- sort of feel I'd have the worst of two worlds - like you say Rusters -- when at home I'd be expected to do housework and washing and shite that I don't touch these days -- and at work I would be sort of out of the loop -- not sure .. anyway it's academic at the moment cos I need the money!!

Off to bed now -- early start tomorrow -- night folks

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............you are missed when we don't see you.:hug:
                Now its over 24 hours since the squabble of the century I now can't even remember why or how it kicked off. I'm not resentful.....a tad jealous that he gets to talk to other grown-ups is a defo though.....its been done for millions and I'd lay odds that this had happened in more than a few homes.

Peace reigns again at JC Mansion.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  Good to see you Benjy -- it is hard when there's nothing to say -- I've made a discovery in the last wee while -- have been eating more sweets - particularly on holiday - and twice now I've fasted for 2-3 days -- anything sweet tastes disgusting -- dunno how long it lasts but I'd happily fast again if I find myself digging into the biscuit tin...
                  Molls :egad: fasting
                  - couldn't do fast for 3 days. Especially as I do all the cooking here and love me grub ......

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    I'm not resentful.....a tad jealous that he gets to talk to other grown-ups is a defo though.....its been done for millions and I'd lay odds that this had happened in more than a few homes.
                    [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] .... I didn't mean resentful in a mad bad way ...... I thought jealous sounded a bit juvenile .... so a mixture of the two. Rejelful.... :haha:

Comment

Morning and waves to the universe

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] .... I didn't mean resentful in a mad bad way ...... I thought jealous sounded a bit juvenile .... so a mixture of the two. Rejelful.... :haha:
                      :welldone: Rejelful is spot on.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        Morning and waves to the universe

:welldone: Rejelful is spot on.
                        😂😂 love it. Afternoon everyone. Good to see you back Satz. Heading west in a little while. Not sure what the internet will be like so have a lovely weekend everyone.

Comment

Have a brilliant time Rusters...green jealous I am!!! Hopefully you can connect while you're over there...
                          Evening all else ..I'm falling down tired like I've never felt so going to bed...night night

Comment

Lying on my bed too Molly.. have to get up and be the gofor shortly. Didnt run tonight, had to get 3 fillings (1 just a replacement cos she didnt like it) which involved 4 injections. My face is still slightly lopsided and its 4.5 hours since my appointment!! I was giving out to one of my daughters earlier about something and she just burst out laughing at my speech impediment :egad:

Have a fantastic weekend Rustop! weather looking good. I'll be sending my middle child over that direction early next week too.

Molly, your just getting back into working again, your bound to be wrecked for a while. Plus its v humid out, that alone zaps the energy out of you.

Glad you and Mr JC are sorted [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], no harm at all to have a good barney and clear the air every now and then.

Welcome home [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], we missed you. How's YS? and how are the wedding plans coming along? How many guests do you think you can have?
                            Last edited by IamMary; June 3, 2021, 03:21 PM.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              Lying on my bed too Molly.. have to get up and be the gofor shortly. Didnt run tonight, had to get 3 fillings (1 just a replacement cos she didnt like it) which involved 4 injections. My face is still slightly lopsided and its 4.5 hours since my appointment!! I was giving out to one of my daughters earlier about something and she just burst out laughing at my speech impediment :egad:

Have a fantastic weekend Rustop! weather looking good. I'll be sending my middle child over that direction early next week too.

Molly, your just getting back into working again, your bound to be wrecked for a while. Plus its v humid out, that alone zaps the energy out of you.

Glad you and Mr JC are sorted @JackieClaire, no harm at all to have a good barney and clear the air every now and then.

Welcome home @satz123, we missed you. How's YS? and how are the wedding plans coming along? How many guests do you think you can have?
                              Poor Mers :hug:
                              YS is sober & visited first time in 5 weeks - and off we go again >>>>
                              Wedding is 30th July .... everything is sorted since last year ..... 'cept change of church , change of dress , & 50 allowed now. 'Tis enough thank you !!

Good News of the day :
                              After 7 interviews DD was offered a job in Germany as a director of TV & Broadband Company - mega bucks - she's accepted :egad:

Exciting times ahead for the newly weds. He is taking redundancy package from his job here and will be a kept man or open a bookshop.
                              The company pack up & ship / store all their stuff - fly them over to Munich , pay for their apartment up to 5k a month, pay for German lessons.
                              Of course Mammy must go & visit - A LOT !!!!! :haha:

Comment

Hola Army. Wonderful to see you [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] :-)
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X