Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army June 2021

Evening all.
    I hear you Tabbers. Picking up son this evening and he asked me if I could drop a friends girlfriend home, an extra 30 mins round trip (we live in the sticks). I asked where all their parents were and I was told they were all drunk, bank holiday. FFS... I hope they all have hangovers from HELL tomorrow.

Off to Wicklow tomorrow, road trip - a non tourist spot :radiate:
    Last edited by IamMary; June 6, 2021, 06:47 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning from here all,
      Tried using MWO on my phone and lost my post. Don't think much of it LOL.
      Have taken the day off as I have some old friends visiting from interstate. Feeling very grateful no lockdowns between us makes this possible.
      Planning a trip at end of July to see friends in Queensland. Hoping like hell there is no lockdown to stop me.
      Solidarity and sympathy for anyone suffering through being stuck at home.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        ...you can reverse so much of the ravages of booze in a relatively short time...
        Music to my ears!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Thanks Tabbers - I'll give him the YouTube link. Perhaps this one will hit home. We live in hope.
          To be honest he has studied it for years. Dozens of books, blogs, videos - AA, Lifering, Rutland Centre, Aiseiri in-house treatment, counselling
          - all theory though. As you say : putting it into action is another matter.
          You know, I STILL cannot work out why this quit stuck where the other 67,348 did not. If I could work it out I'd save the world from it. I used to wonder how do you hurry yourself to the bottom of the barrel so that you can just get the flipping thing over and done with. God, what misery it is.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi, Satz

I read this book after I was pretty comfortably AF but when I did, it struck me how helpful it might be for someone who is really struggling:Death Wish: The Path through Addiction to a Glorious Life

I think of you and your son often. I'm glad you are back. xx, NS
            Last edited by NoSugar; June 7, 2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Evening all..hi NS...just popping in really..had a shocking busy day..Joe's not great so decided we'd go out at 6am for 3 hour 'road trip' to see just how he is ...jeez.... anyway..then a 2 hour hike and an afternoon evening when every family member decided to descend...so he's even worse this evening and I'm exhausted...ffs...nuts or what??? Night all
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sounds like a mental day Molls. Work tomorrow?

Hope you had a great day [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. How are you doing?

Lovely sunny day here. Will look up that book, thanks NS..

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Just checking in quickly before I walk the doggies, will have a read back later. Had a lovely weekend, so nice to be able to eat out again. Only disadvantage was that I ate too much.

Weather has been lovely and it looks like it will continue.

Comment

Evening all.
                    Just checking in before I settle myself in front of YouTube.

I went into the workplace today because, as discussed, it is imperative that we all go back. Nobody knows why. I'd say my productivity was about 3% of what I can do at home. They are such dullards. Here's the other thing I noticed: everyone who has been compliantly working from the office all this time looks absolutely DREADFUL. They all have skin rashes, dark circles and red faces and many have put on a huge amount of weight. I was sincerely shocked.
                    I am so happy that I have clearance to continue to work from home.

I hope Joe is OK after all that gallivanting, Molly.

Thanks for the book rec [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]. I've never heard of that one.
                    Glad you are enjoying the weather Mers and Rusters, and that you can finally get out again. Getting out just reinforces for me how much I love staying home.
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good to see you home Rusters...afternoon all...some shocking shapes and sizes of punters coming into the library...maybe they all unhappy at work..;-) think lockdown must have had a terrible affect on people physically as well as mentally...an old lady I'm very fond of bounded into the library today and gave me a massive hug..yeah yeah she shouldn't have...but it was worth it!

Feet up ..cuppa tea...Joe like an anti-christ for some reason
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening all.
                        Thanks so much for the kind words NS & the book recommendation.
                        I will pass it on to YS.......

We're off to Kenmare, Co Kerry tomorrow. With the to-be bride & groom. Pubs are open so may be a challenge. But there'll plenty of walking & hiking ....
                        As you say Bridge
                        Getting out just reinforces for me how much I love staying home.
                        I miss lockdown ........ sigh
                        Last edited by satz123; June 8, 2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          I miss lockdown ........ sigh
                          Yea Im there too. Had to put up a calendar this week to keep on top on events!! Still, the accidental Molly hugs are special :happy2:

Interesting Bridge. I suppose it depends on what you made of it and thankfully we were mostly all able to stay sober and enjoy walks, gardens and hobbies.
                          I found out a few weeks ago that a good friend is drinking a lot and things are not good at home (our daughters are best fiends). I've suspected this for a while, not that I noticed anything, shes as good as it gets at hiding, but stuff my DD tells me. She would be absolutely mortified if I hinted at anything, I dont think our friendship would survive it, so Im watching this car crash from a distance.
                          What DD tells me sounds so familiar.

Joe is probably just wrecked Molly...

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                            Good morning everyone.

Just checking in quickly before I walk the doggies, will have a read back later. Had a lovely weekend, so nice to be able to eat out again. Only disadvantage was that I ate too much.

Weather has been lovely and it looks like it will continue.
                            welcome back Rustop, you'll walk all the lovely dinners off yourself in no time!!

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              Yea Im there too. Had to put up a calendar this week to keep on top on events!! Still, the accidental Molly hugs are special :happy2:

Interesting Bridge. I suppose it depends on what you made of it and thankfully we were mostly all able to stay sober and enjoy walks, gardens and hobbies.
                              I found out a few weeks ago that a good friend is drinking a lot and things are not good at home (our daughters are best fiends). I've suspected this for a while, not that I noticed anything, shes as good as it gets at hiding, but stuff my DD tells me. She would be absolutely mortified if I hinted at anything, I dont think our friendship would survive it, so Im watching this car crash from a distance.
                              What DD tells me sounds so familiar.

Joe is probably just wrecked Molly...

That's interesting. Your girl noticed it and mentioned it, so it must have been very obvious. I gather you can't register concern with your friend. Wouldn't take to it well? That's not the kind of person that's ready to give it the boot anyway.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - oh God - another one bites the dust.
                                You must be so thankful you quit before DD got to an age to notice.

Your pal has to have noticed you do not drink alcohol any more ?
                                Has she ever asked why you quit ?

Comment

Working...
                                X