Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army July 2021

Morning and waves to the underooos and over the pond,

My Olympic binge-watch didn't go to plan. I fell asleep on the settee at about 1 am woke up with a drooled on cushion stuck to my cheek about 2am.......... so went to bed. I'll stick to the highlights from now on.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Am I the only one thinking 'what if the door got stuck shut on that cryo machine? I'm sure that there is a plan for that though.

Almost got all the way back through the back log.

Molly, I'm not sure that Australian plants would go that well where you are but try this: Frost Tolerant 25F-18F (-8C) • Australian Native Plants • Plants • 8.71.6517

That said, if you can build the right micro climate it's amazing what you can do. Vice versa here. I grow LOTS of Nth hemisphere plants
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
        Morning folks and a happy sober Sunday morning from a bush somewhere south of Dublin.....
        Why are you hiding in a bush then?
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
          Why are you hiding in a bush then?
          Just following JC and Mikey’s lead, sounds fun.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            Am I the only one thinking 'what if the door got stuck shut on that cryo machine? I'm sure that there is a plan for that though.

Almost got all the way back through the back log.

Molly, I'm not sure that Australian plants would go that well where you are but try this: Frost Tolerant 25F-18F (-8C) • Australian Native Plants • Plants • 8.71.6517

That said, if you can build the right micro climate it's amazing what you can do. Vice versa here. I grow LOTS of Nth hemisphere plants
            As I'm an old lady and started gardening as a very young lady with my daddy..I can remember what we could and couldn't grow 50 years ago or ones that couldn't under any circumstances over winter in our climate...now SO many of them routinely thrive all year round...our climate in winter is noticeably milder and our summers warmer..it's smashing for gardening but less so for our poor old planet. Any area that was previously in any extreme of weather must now be suffering severely..anyway..I recognise lots of the plants in that list Bridge ..we also have a lot of South African plants that thrive..it opens the horticultural world up for sure!
            Evening everyone! What sort of bush Tabs?:congratulatory:
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........that brought back some lovely memories for me, thank you. My Dad lived in wellies when he wasn't at work. or in the house. The most exciting day of the year for my Dad was when his manure was delivered so he could crack on with his potatoes , carrots, and runner beans and more.

The same house was recently up for sale and the whole garden has been turned into one gigantic lawn...... Not even a flower in sight.
              It nigh on broke my heart.

Saying goodnight now. Sleep well and may your dreams be calming.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                What sort of bush Tabs?:congratulatory:
                A big one Molly.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........that brought back some lovely memories for me, thank you. My Dad lived in wellies when he wasn't at work. or in the house. The most exciting day of the year for my Dad was when his manure was delivered so he could crack on with his potatoes , carrots, and runner beans and more.

The same house was recently up for sale and the whole garden has been turned into one gigantic lawn...... Not even a flower in sight.
                It nigh on broke my heart.

Saying goodnight now. Sleep well and may your dreams be calming.
                Why anyone would want a big boring bloody patch of grass when they could have a joyful plant filled garden is beyond me JC. Re-wilding parts of the garden, if there is room enough, is the way to go imo, not having a manicured monoculture grass area that’s useless for insects and pollinators. Off to dream about bumblebees.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

A big one Molly.

Why anyone would want a big boring bloody patch of grass when they could have a joyful plant filled garden is beyond me JC. Re-wilding parts of the garden, if there is room enough, is the way to go imo, not having a manicured monoculture grass area that’s useless for insects and pollinators. Off to dream about bumblebees.
                  Good morning everyone.

Totally agree with you Tabs. We have a wild area with lavender and other bee friendly plants at the end of the garden and can see it expanding.

Another beautiful morning but it is meant to break after today. Heading west on Wednesday and himself meant to be fishing so he will be delighted with the rain. I am packing crochet, books etc so not bothered either way. Will be a break and that is the main thing.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                    A big one Molly.
                    Gave me a shock........the two trees my brother and I planted from seed have gone. We grew them from seed. Mind you they'll have got a surprise when they dug up three dead cats.
                    While I'm on a massive winge they also knocked down the wall in the front garden so they could park their 4X4s. off road.
                    Ach its their house now if they wanted to turn into a nunnery..........its not my problem.

Love watching the bumblers gather their pollen.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Army. Have a beautiful day, evening or night wherever you may be. XOXO
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Afternoon all! In the Nire Valley..little spot called Ballymacarberry...sitting beside the river ..it's heavenly!

Buggered if I can understand the love of grass..it's shite! Even Joe is agreeing with me now and meadows back and front will be the order of the day PTL!
                        A horse is just after nudging me in the back...gorra fright but he's so sweet!

Comment

Morning Army - been on a mini break
                          Here's what's happening in my life :
                          The big day is on Friday & we're in full wedding / bridezilla mode. :egad:

• Shoes : check
                          • Dress : check
                          • Hat : check (fab pink I got made by a girl in Skerries)
                          • Spanks to get the flab into said dress : check ( men : go to Goggle)
                          • And that's just ME !

It's all a pain in the arse. I HATE fuss & having to dress up and be nice to everyone for hours on end :haha:.....

Down side :
                          • House is a tip - and SIL was invited to stay on Saturday - day 2 of the wedding extravaganza nonsense.
                          • YS is drinking but insisting on going to the wedding
                          • Went with him to get a suit etc , he had been drinking and was obnoxious in the shop.

He gets so 'full of himself' & kinda arrogant when he is drinking. I'm thinking that is why he drinks ... when sober he is so plassid - wouldn't say boo. He's been quiet & shy from childhood. His sister was the noisy one
                          He likes, what he thinks, is the confidence that alcohol gives him ..... he was positively 'strutting' in the Shopping Centre and being derogatory about others there.

He is very like me in so many ways. I've told him we NEED to conform if we want to live in a structured society.
                          I've told him to take off & live in Greece in some little village by the sea and just BE.... but here he has to conform like the rest of us.
                          Also DD used to say I was argumentative when drinking - I thought I was just saying what I REALLY thought but came across as argumentative. I still believe that if I'm honest.
                          I guess a lot of us started drinking the purpose of confidence & having to deal with annoying or boring social / life events?

Thanks for listening to my mega moan & ME ME ME post :heart:
                          Last edited by satz123; July 27, 2021, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Buggered if I can understand the love of grass..it's shite! Even Joe is agreeing with me now and meadows back and front will be the order of the day PTL!
                            It's meadow central out here Molls - Rosie gets lost in the tall grass on her walk.
                            MrS is on the Tidy Towns Team &for years I've tried to tell that he's cutting the wildlife habitat by manicuring all grass etc in the village. He scoffed.
                            Now he's had to bend to the majority and leave everything to grow wild. He's slowly getting it.

However his own little green patch out back is mowed as soon as it appears. It's tiny patch but with millions of flowers surrounding it for the bees . More is more in his book..
                            Last edited by satz123; July 27, 2021, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

• And that's just ME !

It's all a pain in the arse. I HATE fuss & having to dress up and be nice to everyone for hours on end :haha:.....

Down side :
                              • House is a tip - and SIL was invited to stay on Saturday - day 2 of the wedding extravaganza nonsense.
                              • Went with him to get a suit etc , he had been drinking and was obnoxious in the shop.

He gets so 'full of himself' & kinda arrogant when he is drinking. I'm thinking that is why he drinks ... when sober he is so plassid - wouldn't say boo. He's been quiet & shy from childhood. His sister was the noisy one
                              He likes, what he thinks, is the confidence that alcohol gives him ..... he was positively 'strutting' in the Shopping Centre and being derogatory about others there.

He is very like me in so many ways. I've told him we NEED to conform if we want to live in a structured society.
                              I've told him to take off & live in Greece in some little village by the sea and just BE.... but here he has to conform like the rest of us.
                              Also DD used to say I was argumentative when drinking - I thought I was just saying what I REALLY thought but came across as argumentative. I still believe that if I'm honest.
                              I guess a lot of us started drinking the purpose of confidence & having to deal with annoying or boring social / life events?

There you are! The false confidence it gave me oh I loved it..and like you I didn't think I was obnoxious..thought I was witty and life and soul of.....maybe I was..maybe I wasn't..doesn't matter anymore..but like him..I could have gone to that wedding when drinking but would have hated it sober...make him promise if he does go to keep his mouth shut..I think alkies are like children ..they don't know what they are like so if he sees that you think he might be obnoxious well he may be more conscious of his behaviour on the day.
                              Sod the SIL...she'll be so pissed she won't know the house is a mess
                              Jeez...still waiting and dreading Adams big wedding announcement ..guessing it's inevitable...FFS why can't they just live in sin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

• And that's just ME !

Down side :

Hi Satz and everyone else. Thanks for checking in, hang in there, it will soon all be over. I have escaped the dreaded weddings for the foreseeable and like Molly would be quiet happy for them to live in sin. Don’t want to see or hear of any boyfriends any time soon.

I was more of a secret drinker. Used it to escape out of my head. Socially I was usually the designated driver and rarely over drank when out.

Comment

Working...
                                X