Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2021

Hello Army,

I've not been posting due to so much going on. Things were super busy with work and then i went away for few weeks and came back to shite. I've been stressed and practicing self care by trying to log off when i'm not working and not look at my laptop. So glad spring is here! Been working with a physio on my foot/ankle pain and ditched the orthotics. its a work in progress but making it out for short walks into the glorious days.

Very glad to hear you have positive job prospects at last Bridge :hug: I too am having a lot of job applications which is partly why I'm so resistant to looking at my laptop. I hate, hate, hate job applications but they have to be done! I'm also trying to plan a reno and my brain is resisting doing all the hard work involved with that as well.

I want to skip the lot and focus on the garden. Its killing me that spring is here and I can't start the landscaping on the side of the house where the reno will go because anything I do now will be squashed by machines so not worth bothering. I will have to content myself with trying to move roses out of the way.

I will be around intermittently and wishing you all the very best :heartbeat:

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Nope no mad blondies on the road yesterday, just stray sheep. Clifden is only up the road from here, about 13 minutes. There is just something special about this place, Ashford is more majestic but I find here more homely and there is a tranquility that is soothing. Had a fab day yesterday, boat ride, fishing, deserted island, amazing.

View from bed this morning.FF5ECC18-2507-430E-9A19-519705C688A4.jpg

03B1E133-3174-404B-B59F-FAC03CE9D036.jpg

Loved the place you are going to JC and it takes dogs. Win win. There are some amazing AirbnbÂ’s around, must google. Spend ages googling houses too. Welcome back Fickle, good to see you and good luck with the renovations. I only got my vaccine a while ago Techie but will definitely take a booster if needed.

Going home today so better get moving.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
        Good morning everyone.

Nope no mad blondies on the road yesterday, just stray sheep. Clifden is only up the road from here, about 13 minutes. There is just something special about this place, Ashford is more majestic but I find here more homely and there is a tranquility that is soothing. Had a fab day yesterday, boat ride, fishing, deserted island, amazing.

View from bed this morning.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5787[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5788[/ATTACH]

Loved the place you are going to JC and it takes dogs. Win win. There are some amazing AirbnbÂ’s around, must google. Spend ages googling houses too. Welcome back Fickle, good to see you and good luck with the renovations. I only got my vaccine a while ago Techie but will definitely take a booster if needed.

Going home today so better get moving.
        omg that looks fabulous! SOLD -- will start saving now for a wee treat in the autumn mebbe... safe journey home!
        Hey Fickle -- good to hear from you
        LURVE the Sky Road Benjy --- there's an upper one and a lower one -- mind you -- it (and the Goats Path down south) is the only route I find shall I say 'challenging' -- (read DEAD SCARY) - on the bike! beautiful part of the world. Airbnb's can be amazing -- we were in one back in May when restrictions were being lifted and it was gorgeous -- would love to live in it 'cept it was surrounded by sheep so mebbe a bit of a temptation to the mutt.

Dream about the Taliban last night -- jeez -- didn't realise they had invaded my thoughts that much.

And so now may arise from the couch - breakfast had and making a wee plan for the day... should probably involve gardening ;-)
        Laters
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
          Don't think I dreamt of anything last night.
          Not a lot to report apart from Mr. JC's shot up to his parents with a new ironing board and seeing how I never got the hang of grocery shopping online we'll be going to the shops.

If my life gets any more exciting I'll explode.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Online shopping is brill Jacks...you always get the longest expiry dates etc. I'm a big fan...but too easy to throw the Cadbury giant bars and the like...no guilt cos you don't ACHULLY take it off the shelf:welldone:
            Doing proper Sunday dinner today.first time in months...just gagging for buttery mash and roast...might even do roasters ;-)
            Rusters and you (house is gorgeous you going to btw) have given me itchy feet...might just peek at some nice hotels out west! Hmmmm
            Later gaters

Comment

Its a trip out Lidl doesn't do online. There's also a little shopping centre that we have a browse around.
              Just called in to say nighty night. .........................so night night and mind the bugs don't bite. :eek-new:
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Here Molls if you're investing in what will be an ancestral home, be careful, not too near the sea.
                I saw a report recently that people should think twice 'cos the seas are rising and eroding the land at an almighty rate :egad:

I'm re-watching The Good Wife - it's soooo good.
                But had to watch Will get shot again. :crybaby:
                Last edited by satz123; August 22, 2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Here Molls if you're investing in what will be an ancestral home, be careful, not too near the sea.
                  I saw a report recently that people should think twice 'cos the seas are rising and eroding the land at an almighty rate :egad:

I'm re-watching The Good Wife - it's soooo good.
                  But had to watch Will get shot again. :crybaby:
                  Haha..well thankfully most of the Wesht is atop of cliffs so ne'er a problem over there! Never saw the Good Wife? Is it american? not great with american stuff.
                  Just sort of different to us....love the scandi thrillers at the mo.
                  Morning all..beautiful morning here!

Comment

Morning and waves to the underoos.
                    I would like a gothic mansion right on the edge of the cliffs and wander around like Morticia from the Adams family.

The car's in for its MOT (think its like the RCT in Ireland) So biting my nails hoping there's nothing hugely wrong with it.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone.

Hope car got through test ok JC, always hate those sort of things, always expecting the unexpected. Back at work today and it was the most beautiful morning, really enjoyed my early walk.

Typing this on my phone so will make it short. Well done Molly on sorting out the laptop. I find googling how to wonderful. Find out all sorts and saves having to ask, definitely makes one more independent. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Car back.........needed some work including new tyres. Its all shining and newish looking and Mr. JC's wallet has gone into hiding. Not only he didn't have the car he had to get the bus to work. :eek-new:
                        I'll pop him into bed so he can cry into his pillow.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Glad the car is sorted JC. They do lighten your pockets but give you so much independence. Living out in the country as we do it is a necessity.

How is the shin Brit? Hope it is healing and that you are getting to spend time with your friends. When is Mary back, miss her around. Today is my Friday at work. Himself going fishing in the south east for a week. I’ll join him for a day or two here and there. It’s not that far and not a part of the country I know that well so I will do a bit of exploring.

Comment

Morning,
                            [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]............just nip in and let us know how you're doing.
                            Mr JC was delighted with the car. The lad (I say lad but he must be in his 50s) did a good job and he actually washed it before we got it back. He's going straight from work to donate plasma.................of course him being a saint has special plasma.
                            A saint that can snore so loudly it makes the windows rattle.
                            How can you tell we had a humdinger of a row at 3 am about it. He is not my favourite person at the moment.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hola Arny. As your caring purveyor of everything Covid related, I thought I’d share my vision for where this is going…

UPCOMING VARIANTS

SIGMA - 100% vaccine-resistant
                              OMICRON - Signs pact with vaccine
                              UPSILON - Enslaves vaccine
                              PSI - Takes your money
                              TAU - Destroys your marriage
                              CHI - Makes heart and brain change places
                              OMEGA - Turns body into basic cable antenna
                              OMEGA PLUS - Same but with HBO

Have a great day. Happy you got your car sorted, JC. XOXO
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for that Techie. Beautiful morning here, you know that crisp foggy/misty sort of one that burns off into a beautiful day. Just did an early walk in the woods with my friend and the doggies and it was wonderful.

Getting my hair done in a little while so will be all sorted for my next trip away, not that anyone is looking at me. Waves to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X