X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2021

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    That is so sad Jacks makes me cry to think of :
    Me too JC. Funny our little rescue from the puppy farm is full of herself around the house and with the other doggies but when my daughter brought her out one day on her own, she reverted to the scared little rescue, sad.

Delighted that the wedding went well Satz, am sure you are glad to have it all over.

It actually wasn’t bad going back to work today, nice to have the routine and after being off for the heatwave, felt I really had had a summer.

Comment

Evening! Delighted the wedding went well benjy ..bet you're glad it's done and dusted!
      That is sad about Mikey but I'm sure he'll perk up with all the love you and the big lad have to offer! Max robbed a scarf of mine today...Joe put it round his neck like a cravat 'now we'll see how much you love it'...he strutted round the house like a peacock and fought with Joe when he went to take it off going to bed...little 'big' monster!!!
      I agree Rusters..we were so lucky getting all that hot weather ..I'm all over it now tho...looking forward to autumn:welldone:

Joe's heading down to Kerry to look at a house...making me very nervous now tho...a bit too 'real'!

Howdy all else...Talk tomorrow
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

Joe's heading down to Kerry to look at a house...making me very nervous now tho...a bit too 'real'!
        That happened to us a few years ago Molls!
        Decided to sell up & move to Carlingford. Then a snowball effect .......... Ours was sold & our offer for the house was accepted.

When it came down to it I chickened out ...... all got too real as you said. Couldn't do it.....

Glad I didn't go ahead : the expected redundancy money didn't arrive until years later.

If someone offered me a nice 2 / 3 bed - new & modern - somewhere nice now though - I'd really think about it.
        Last edited by satz123; August 3, 2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

That happened to us a few years ago Molls!
          Decided to sell up & move to Carlingford. Then a snowball effect .......... Ours was sold & our offer for the house was accepted.

When it came down to it I chickened out ...... all got too real as you said. Couldn't do it.....

Glad I didn't go ahead : the expected redundancy money didn't arrive until years later.

If someone offered me a nice 2 / 3 bed - new & modern - somewhere nice now though - I'd really think about it.
          Gotcha!! That's exactly it..and I amn't ready to retire yet...it's all too soon...I would love a smaller house and Joe would love less garden...but....w hole lives turned upside down??!!
          Last edited by mollyka; August 3, 2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Morning and waves to the underooos and those over the pond,

Makes me feel panicked even thinking about moving. I can remember when we knocked out the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs and saying............'ooh look we've got room to put a stairlift in'. Hopefully, we won't be needing that for at least another 20 years.

I'm out of the back bedroom , I'm on parole until the decorator starts. We haven't got a date for that yet. If I see another IKEA box I'll scream. I've started whispering in Mr. JC's ear about a skip. They are so cleansing and by god, we've got a heap of crap in this house.

Mind you, there's no harm in looking. You never know one house may just jump out at you.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Gotcha!! That's exactly it..and I amn't ready to retire yet...it's all too soon...I would love a smaller house and Joe would love less garden...but....w hole lives turned upside down??!!
              Morning everyone.

A lot of us seem to be at a similar stage. Himself wants something on the water down west but whereas I’m looking at cottages, he’s looking at family homes and lots of ground. Like you Molly I’m not ready and really don’t think I would want to move there full time. Because what he wants is so specific we could be looking a while so I’m not going to worry about it.

Beautiful morning but I’m stuck inside. Did go out and walk at 6am though. No wonder I find full time so exhausting lol. Waves to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning and waves to the underooos and those over the pond,

Makes me feel panicked even thinking about moving. I can remember when we knocked out the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs and saying............'ooh look we've got room to put a stairlift in'. Hopefully, we won't be needing that for at least another 20 years.

I'm out of the back bedroom , I'm on parole until the decorator starts. We haven't got a date for that yet. If I see another IKEA box I'll scream. I've started whispering in Mr. JC's ear about a skip. They are so cleansing and by god, we've got a heap of crap in this house.

Mind you, there's no harm in looking. You never know one house may just jump out at you.
                Yeah -- I've only moved house once -- and 4 young children -- that was fun - but we were so glad to be coming to this house it took the harm out of it - I'm hoping something will jump out -- just not yet! I'm definitely not staying here tho -- really want to be out west -- but I think we are loosing the run of ourselves tbh...
                great the plastering is done -- have to say - renovation is my nightmare!!!!
                Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                Morning everyone.

A lot of us seem to be at a similar stage. Himself wants something on the water down west but whereas I’m looking at cottages, he’s looking at family homes and lots of ground. Like you Molly I’m not ready and really don’t think I would want to move there full time. Because what he wants is so specific we could be looking a while so I’m not going to worry about it.

Beautiful morning but I’m stuck inside. Did go out and walk at 6am though. No wonder I find full time so exhausting lol. Waves to everyone.
                Anything west is getting very expensive too -- I want something small --- but big enough that the kids can visit - will save us having to come up to Dublin all the time to see them -- 3 beds would be perfect I think.. but - I'm more on your lines Rusters than himself's -- ironically I feel more at home on the atlantic coast than I do here - despite having spent my whole life over here! We'll see what happens -- I'm getting stressed a bit and not going to have 'the chat' until I'm level headed about it -

Anyway -- late shift today so heading in in a while -- need a shower and hair wash -- was just thinking what you were saying about fulltime there Rusters --- I couldn't bear to work Mon-Fri - 9-5 -- the way I work suits me very well really -- on my lates I've all the morning and not in till 2.15 and on the earlies I'm home at 2.15 - so it gives me a bit of a life -- I like working Saturdays too -- tho I'm alone in the world with that I think!!

Right -- talk later folks xx

Comment

-- I like working Saturdays too -- tho I'm alone in the world with that I think!!
                  Nope you're not Molls. I like working the weekend too.
                  #odd balls :haha:

Careful not to let the snowball effect happen.
                  Because he was at home all the time MrS was like Joe & I just said in my head - "sure let him off - keep him busy for a long time"
                  Next I knew I was in the bank organising a mortgage ..... Jesus.
                  In the end I had to get his twin to talk him out of it ..... nightmare !!

Comment

Nope you're not Molls. I like working the weekend too.
                    #odd balls :haha:

Careful not to let the snowball effect happen.
                    Because he was at home all the time MrS was like Joe & I just said in my head - "sure let him off - keep him busy for a long time"
                    Next I knew I was in the bank organising a mortgage ..... Jesus.
                    In the end I had to get his twin to talk him out of it ..... nightmare !!
                    That's pretty much where he would be headed if I hadn't put my foot down....hard! Cos I have always minded the money if I don't look at him with 10 heads he thinks 'yay..let's go' so the 10 head syndrome is reappearing!!

Comment

the 10 head syndrome is reappearing!!
                      :hahaha:

Comment

Did a number on my back ad ive been cranky for days. Cant even blame running, got up on sat morning and could hardly walk. Anyway, its easing now, muscle spasm according to the physio.
                        Welcome back Rustop! House moves are all very interesting & exciting - big change but you'll never know if its the right move unless you do it.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          After the last 18 months, we're now going to have to learn how to live a 'normal' life again. [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]......it may be worth a chat with their practice nurse or doctor. Perhaps someone in 'authority' might put their minds at rest.
                          Thats a good idea JC. That said, they only listen to their own doctor, Dr Death - who's about 250 and puts the fear of God into them.

Delighted the wedding went so well [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! Always good to have a few good SIL stories
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Well, this will be my 6th attempt at posting...

Glad to hear that the wedding was fun Satz. It's such a big deal of a day. The SIL sounds as if she might have a personality disorder tbh. Drunk or not.

Do you think the Covid drama has prompted you all to get itchy feet? So many people are reconsidering the way they do things because of it.

I have finished work for the week now - I can't even believe it. Part time workload just flies by! SO happy!

I had my first Pfizer yesterday and am pretty sore and sorry but still this side of the garden bed so all good. Our cases just keep going up, which might be a function of more testing. Seems like we'll never get out of hard lockdown.

No good about your back there Mers. I believe that people who exercise should be exempt from such things because of all the pre-paid discomfort of exercise. Guess it doesn't work that way.

Techie, the only thing I've seen so far regarding long Covid is this: 'THE LONG COVID' | Aussie mum reveals horrifying symptoms 18 months after getting COVID | 7NEWS - YouTube Not quite what you are talking about with Covax side effects but quite terrifying.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Bridge and MrG if still this side of the actual bed.

No good about your back there Mers. I believe that people who exercise should be exempt from such things because of all the pre-paid discomfort of exercise. Guess it doesn't work that way.
                              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] ..... AGREED !! it's only fair. [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - sorry to hear about your back. I hope it settles soon.
                              I used Difine sparingly for my bout of Sciatica - those & valium :egad: my doctor swears by ...

SIL ... I could write a book.... she needs to be the centre of attention always ...... talks for Ireland .... just on & on ........ by day 2 I'd had enough and excused myself early from the partying.
                              DD wasn't impressed but they were all drinking a lot.

I was thinking about it later and realised that was my first 'outing' in a crowd for 18 months & I felt overwhelmed.
                              As MOB I was expected to perform ..... mingle but found the whole thing uncomfortable.
                              Thoughts of drinking came for the first time in years.

YS - to give credit - did not drink for the 2 days & he must have felt even worse than me.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Horrible morning here and meant to be down for the day.

Sorry to hear about your back Mary, hope it sorts itself out soon. Glad you got your first shot Bridget. I prefer the part time too. Covid has brought a lot of changes but I think on this thread a few of us are nearing retirement so making plans and looking towards the future.

Weddings are stressful at the best of times Satz and family ones even more so. Delighted YS managed to keep it together, especially for his sister. We all can identify with how hard it must have been.

Comment

Working...
                                X