X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2021

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    So -- I'm tired old and boring... with sod all to say -
    Good morning from another boring old fart. Agree with all you have to say and admit that it was a comfort to read that alcohol did not raise its ugly head when you had such a crisis Molly. For me personally that has been the main reason I check in regularly. I have the fear that if I don’t I might go back to old ways.

Also it does my heart good to read Tabs posts of a Sunday morning telling everyone how good it is to wake up hangover free. No harm being reminded. I think just reading about people going about their daily lives without alcohol can be motivating. It was for me, I wanted what you lot had.

Comment

Late check-in for another old fart.
      First I'll wow you with the freezer..................it was the fan. He was here 10 minutes, young and rather good-looking.........while I look like I've not slept for a month and look about 90 on a bad day.
      Secondly, the decorators here and me and Mikey are now confined in the back bedroom.

I don't know why I keep coming back...............tried a week and I missed you lot. The ins and outs of daily living sober. We don't know who's lurking and not joined up. And yes, Molls, I do get frustrated when I've garbled out a post to a newbie and they're never seen again. I used to take it personally but then realized it took me nigh on a year before I made my first post.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Army. I agree [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. I too miss all the interaction. I also considered dropping off the forum myself. Today, six or more hours can lapse without a single post. Sadly, I’ll admit, that I have no cleaver ideas on how to encourage participation. I wish you all a great day. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hola troopers,

Techie, hope you and the missus are doing ok.

I blame contentment and peace of mind for my stock standard posts.

Have a beaut week evabody. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Well it was confirmed today. Both Mrs Techie and I had Covid probably months ago. She thinks it was Lake Tahoe (mid May), when she started to suspect something was wrong. My lagging energy and body aches do track back to Tahoe timeframe as well. Our doctor said we are breakthrough cases. Vaccinated individuals whom develop Covid. Doctor said these symptoms can last 6-12 months, maybe longer, as there is no reliable database. While Mrs Techie’s symptoms are much worse than mine, it does explain what we’ve experienced. Oddly, living in a low populated rural area is no guarantee you won’t get sick. Stay safe out there folks. Blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Morning,
              [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...........my heart goes out to you and Mrs. T. At least you've got a decent doctor who knows what he's talking about. The vaccine was developed at warp speed and if I'm honest I think it was too quick. It will continue to morph (not sure if that's the right word)........and this is my humble opinion ..............for years. Although luckily we'll be able to deal with outbreaks better.
              As I said this is my humble opinion.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning,
                [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...........my heart goes out to you and Mrs. T. At least you've got a decent doctor who knows what he's talking about. The vaccine was developed at warp speed and if I'm honest I think it was too quick. It will continue to morph (not sure if that's the right word)........and this is my humble opinion ..............for years. Although luckily we'll be able to deal with outbreaks better.
                As I said this is my humble opinion.
                We are ok. TBH, there is a bit of relief knowing what was going on. The symptoms are annoying more than anything. We still need to be vigilant as I understand we could be susceptible to other variants. Thank you, JC. XOXO

Comment

[QUOTE=techie;1799814] We still need to be vigilant as I understand we could be susceptible to other variants. Thank you, JC. XOXO[/QUOTE

Afternoon all. Think it is the same for all of us Techie. I will not be giving up the mask or hand sanitising any time soon. We had no flu outbreak last winter so it seems to be offering a certain amount of protection. Take care of yourselves. Know how frustrating it must be though.

Thinking of going away for a few days end of October as I have a birthday coming up and every ‘nice/expensive’ hotel I looked at was completely booked up. Confused as to whether they really are or are they afraid of another lockdown and want you to phone. I’ll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                    We are ok. TBH, there is a bit of relief knowing what was going on. The symptoms are annoying more than anything. We still need to be vigilant as I understand we could be susceptible to other variants. Thank you, JC. XOXO
                    You're welcome.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].............I've got a handbag full of masks.

Nearly finished with the decorator.........just one more day. Feel like I've been stuck in the back bedroom for 6 months and its only been 2 days. Then its just the new blinds and that's it done for the foreseeable future.
                    I can't believe how tiring doing nothing can be.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening, I'll be moving into your back bedroom too JC, builder starts in 2-3 weeks! Should be done in under 2 months. He said the cost is slightly higher, but not too bad. Dreading it & cant wait..
                      [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], so sorry to hear that, at least it makes some sense now and you know time will heal this one. brother and family are finished isolation on Thursday, but still wiped.

Off for a few days with friends and all the kids. They are drinkers but know I don't. so there will be no pressure. [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], call the hotels, there is definitely availability.
                      Last edited by IamMary; August 17, 2021, 06:09 PM.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning and waves to the world and the lurkers,
                        [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].............what can I say ........I'll be honest even though its only been two day been but its blooming awful. I can't find where we've put half.........no make that most of the stuff I've put in IKEA boxes. I was going to be ultra-efficient and write on the sides what was in each box but gave up.
                        I'm hoping today is his last day.
                        Enjoy yourself while you're away.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning JC and all the lurkers. Keeping fingers crossed that this is the last day and that yourself and Mikey get out of the back bedroom.

Oh Mary, delighted you are getting it done. Won’t sugar coat it and say it is not stressful, it is but the end result is worth it. We stayed onsite while the work was going on and that is definitely more stressful My friend moved out but it cost her, about €1,000 per month in rent.
                          Over a few months that would cover a lot of curtains etc.

Enjoy your time away. Off west again tomorrow for a few nights. Staying with SIL for a few and having a night in Ballinahinch Castle to celebrate our anniversary, 37 years next week!

Comment

Good afternoon from one of the lurkers.

Had a nice holiday but spoiled by falling off my bike and badly damaging my leg.

Been feeling very low as most of my support network are on holiday and I haven't seen anyone for days.

Watching TV from the couch!

Comment

@techie - very sorry to hear that COVID 19 is taking a toll on you both.
                              It's a bastard of a virus and I really think we are not finished with it yet. The scars will last for years imo.

We had a panic in work for a week - residents falling one by one with a 'virus'. The place was locked down - we were all tested again - turns out yes it was Coronavirus - but the variant also known as The Common Cold.
                              I really dread the time when the yearly influenza arrives - Jesus we'll be locked away forever :egad:

We need to start thinking of QUALITY of old folks life instead of QUANTITY.
                              Most have not been in fresh air in 18 months.

@brit hope you recover soon from your tumble. :hug:
                              Last edited by satz123; August 18, 2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Evening..and hi MrsA...im at work but will post later..promise...bit going on so need to unload mebbe...pisser about the fall MrsA...and Benjy i agree totalky bout quality of life at this stage...2 years out of an old persons life is potentially all that's left...poxy SICK of this pandemic now...needs to end!!! Laters
                                Last edited by mollyka; August 18, 2021, 01:05 PM.
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X