September Army 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army 2021

Ach we all had our excuses...I told myself for years that my drinking escalated because my sister's were so vile...stuff and nonsense. In treatment centre big Martin used to eyeball the newbies and ask 'why do you drink?' Every imaginable excuse would come out of everyone's mouth...he'd let them drone and whine on..after much time he would look to the 'olbies ' 'why do you drink?' Little chorus of ' because I'm an alcoholic' imo unless that is 100% accepted without the often heard 'I don't like being labelled '...we're in trouble down the road
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Ach we all had our excuses...I told myself for years that my drinking escalated because my sister's were so vile...stuff and nonsense. In treatment centre big Martin used to eyeball the newbies and ask 'why do you drink?' Every imaginable excuse would come out of everyone's mouth...he'd let them drone and whine on..after much time he would look to the 'olbies ' 'why do you drink?' Little chorus of ' because I'm an alcoholic' imo unless that is 100% accepted without the often heard 'I don't like being labelled '...we're in trouble down the road
      Very well put Molly and we enable each other with excuses when reality is as obvious as the nose on our faces.
      (BTW, have us all here on various cocktails of magnesium, vit d, c, ginsing and evening primrose, hard to measure how good it is, but think it's helping all round)

Reading about SIL, I was going to say, that's not too bad [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]!! Backing up your theory of how acceptable we have become with excessive drinking..

Day 3 of no Internet. I could get used to this. Night...
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

Day 3 of no Internet. I could get used to this. Night...
        Good morning everyone.

What’s the story with the internet Mary? We had no power all day yesterday. Himself had to go into the office and I could not do any housework, happy days.

I have a cocktail of vitamins on the counter since start of Covid. I swear by them for menopausal or rather lack of menopausal symptoms.

Beautiful walk this morning, love these crisp autumn mornings. Off now to crochet class.

Comment

Evening all ....... in bed ...... work tomorrow.
          YS is going to in-house treatment.
          We left it till he came to us sober with a genuine request for help.

He is sober 3 weeks now.
          We went down for an assessment in Aiséirí with the lovely Dave. I went in with him. Dave seemed genuinely impressed with all the things YS had tried to get sober on his own - but now admitted he couldn't beat it alone.
          If he can stay sober until first week in November we will bring him down.
          Last edited by satz123; October 1, 2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Evening all ....... in bed ...... work tomorrow.
            YS is going to in-house treatment.
            We left it till he came to us sober with a genuine request for help.

He is sober 3 weeks now.
            We went down for an assessment in Aiséirí with the lovely Dave. I went in with him. Dave seemed genuinely impressed with all the things YS had tried to get sober on his own - but now admitted he couldn't beat it alone.
            If he can stay sober until first week in November we will bring him down.
            Fantastic news Satz. This time it's really his decision.. his mindset is where it needs to be: There are no other options and he really wants it. If he's at this point, he's half way there.
            We will all be rooting for him now.
            My cousin (who may have come across YS the last time) is sober, after a rocky period when he came out. I think I posted all of that before.
            You have reason to be hopeful :hug:

It's just our house with the Internet [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], engineer coming on Tues. We have line of sight bb, as we are in the sticks, but its usually reasonably stable. Getting 'real' bb In April apparently on this big national rollout.
            What have you got there? You're off the beaten track too?
            The 2 new houses out west for yourself and Molly, will they be broadband free?
            'Imagine' do a decent service if your in sight of the transmitter.

Off the grid for a couple of days, heading to Belfast today for a marathon. Bag a nerves today (@brit & [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] will get my maranoia!)
            Loads of us staying over night and I expect it will be a booze free dinner later in the restaurant so that's heaven!
            The things I do for sober social nights :haha:
            Last edited by IamMary; October 2, 2021, 02:52 AM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good luck Maire! What a blast.

Great news re YS Benji! Sending the best vibes and energy i can muster to you and your young man.

Big waves to all. Have a beaut weekend friends.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
              X