September Army 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army 2021

Xpost Jacks wasn't ignoring you...something comforting about snorting and snuffling and snotting..quite like a good cold...cant relax into it these days tho..every one looks aghast at a sneeze or a cough :-(
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Xpost Jacks wasn't ignoring you...something comforting about snorting and snuffling and snotting..quite like a good cold...cant relax into it these days tho..every one looks aghast at a sneeze or a cough :-(
      God forgive if you cough in a shop.

Never thought you were or would. Tbh its rather handy I don't have to sit for 3 centuries while himself gets a new phone and we don't have to go look at new washing machines..........ours is dancing around the utility room and making peculiar noises.

I'm going to make a cup of tea and take a book to bed. It's one of those colds where your head feels heavier than the rest of your body.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        God forgive if you cough in a shop.

Never thought you were or would. Tbh its rather handy I don't have to sit for 3 centuries while himself gets a new phone and we don't have to go look at new washing machines..........ours is dancing around the utility room and making peculiar noises.

I'm going to make a cup of tea and take a book to bed. It's one of those colds where your head feels heavier than the rest of your body.
        It's the most COVIDful time of the year!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hi Tabs -- d'ya ever get bored not drinking? Sometimes I can still do the 'euphoric recall' thing -- have to fight that:hahaha:
          Na loving sober life at the moment and no euphoric recall for me, it’s still too fresh in my memory and I have a hell of a lot of years of bad s**t to remember. I suppose when I occasionally get a desire for a cold beer so I drink an non al one. I know this is a contentious issue for some and may trigger in others but for me it has the opposite effect, it just strengthens any doubts that I will never ever crave oblivion again, life is too short to go around in a self induced stupor. Learning how to handle life’s ups and downs instead of running away and finally seeing and accepting alcohol for the poison that it is, and the lie we are sold that it helps us relax and lessens anxiety as just that a huge lie, was a eureka moment.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi Tabs -- d'ya ever get bored not drinking? Sometimes I can still do the 'euphoric recall' thing -- have to fight that:hahaha:
            Ye know - on a few occasions on holiday & also at DD's wedding - to be able to join in & act the eejit - dancing without feeling self-conscious - it did cross my mind a few times.
            Felt like a boring 'ol fart at the wedding if I'm honest.
            I need to get back on here posting to reinforce that giving up alcohol was the single best thing I've ever done.

I think moving away from like-minded people on MWO, while mixing again - a lot recently - with heavy drinkers is dangerous.
            Last edited by satz123; September 26, 2021, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Evening. Missed a few days here. Feeling worn out, but self inflected, ill be back to normality by lunchtime next Sunday (marathon over). Hope your feeling OK [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. did you manage to chat to your friend who fell off the wagon?

I really would like to drink an Al free beer sometimes, just to feel part of it really, not the dry arse on water. But I'm afraid to - incase it's a trigger, as you said tabbers.

Love the Sil stories [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Wonder what she would be like off the booze?
              How is YS?

Molly, I agree, your library is far superior to any others in the surrounding area!

Rustop you are really back to normality now with the crochet class back. At long last.

Beautiful morning but I was glad to see the bit of rain this afternoon. Its needed. Plus my winter clothes and rain gear, are dying for a day out..
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                No, I haven't wet the bed............we've got the gas man coming between 8am & 1pm to service the heating.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........I tried my pal but he's not answering his phone.

Ooh just had a phone call.......gas man's going to be about half an hour.:egad:

Its hissing down and dark.........yep Autumn has arrived.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all.
                  No work today :yay:

Walk with Rosie & a trip to shaggin' Tesco is the height of it.
                  But that's ok ....... a bit of peace & quiet is welcome after 14 days SIL yapping & work yesterday.
                  [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] YS is actually doing fine now. 2 weeks ago a few things happened:

* He spent his 40th birthday alone ( with a bottle I suppose) ....... we were away and his sister didn't make any fuss - 'cos he didn't turn up last year for the dinner she made.
                  * he realised he had no-one.
                  * Left alone for another week - he came clean that the job he got was once again gone due to drinking.
                  * He rang his sister asking for help to get clean.
                  * I had told her not to engage if he was drinking or hungover ( thanks Jacks)
                  * He rang back when sober

So we'll now see what he intends doing.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

I think moving away from like-minded people on MWO, while mixing again - a lot recently - with heavy drinkers is dangerous.
                    Good morning everyone.

Great that you are able to recognise that Satz and the main reason why I check in daily. Hopefully YS will find his way out. He has to decide for himself, nobody can do it for him, so fingers crossed.

Rained a lot yesterday evening but the sun is shining now and I managed to get my walk in before work. The mornings are really dark though.

How are the renovations going Mary? Well done on the marathon by the way. Hope you are feeling better JC. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

................and relax. The gas men have gone. :sohappy
                      Stopping drinking is the easy bit...............its the staying stopped that can be a problem. Before I posted on MWO I was on and off the wagon...........I'd get months in and then decide just the one wouldn't kill me............the speed that just the one glass a day went to two bottles of wine a day at warp speed.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............you're welcome.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]........apart from the fact I've nearly lost my voice I'm grand and Mr. JC is delighted.

Mr. and Mrs. S&H are due home from Spain this afternoon. They're in for an almighty shock with the weather (its only 11am and we've had hail and now its hissing down.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        ................and relax. The gas men have gone. :sohappy
                        Stopping drinking is the easy bit...............its the staying stopped that can be a problem. Before I posted on MWO I was on and off the wagon...........I'd get months in and then decide just the one wouldn't kill me............the speed that just the one glass a day went to two bottles of wine a day at warp speed.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............you're welcome.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]........apart from the fact I've nearly lost my voice I'm grand and Mr. JC is delighted.

Mr. and Mrs. S&H are due home from Spain this afternoon. They're in for an almighty shock with the weather (its only 11am and we've had hail and now its hissing down.
                        Are you sure you're in a neighbouring country??? Beautiful sunny one here -- definitely cooler tho which is lovely - at last autumn has arrived! Now I need to sun to go away cos the house looks manky!

I don't know what I'd be like if I was constantly around others still in the drinking culture. I've no problem being with people having a couple of glasses - but the slightly obsessive way even 'normal' drinkers can speak about a drinking lifestyle really - I think I'd hate it... and I did say it quite flippantly the other day to Tabs about getting bored not drinking -- but it would certainly be more likely to bring anyone to the f*&k it moment. I consider myself beyond lucky that Joe quit drinking when I did.

Hopefully this may be YS's time... to realise that there is literally no one or nothing in your life except a bottle -- could drive one either way I guess... sounds like he's reaching out for sure... I hope your daughter is wise enough not to just throw money at it... or even worse -- at him -- I'm sure she is

Off work for the week -- have gastritis apparently -- and a hernia -- ffs -- healthy as a horse and all these stoopid things happen at once.
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Are you sure you're in a neighbouring country??? Beautiful sunny one here -- definitely cooler tho which is lovely - at last autumn has arrived! Now I need to sun to go away cos the house looks manky!
                          Last time I looked yes we're still here in the NorthEast...........I looked it up and to quote 'It is due to the different air masses that meet over the country. Each air mass brings different characteristics. Here in the North East the air mass is influenced by very cold winds from the Arctic so it's no surprise that we tend to be cooler.'
                          I should have been a polar bear.

Gawd a hernia and gastritis, you don't do things by half. Get yerself to the settee and look tragic.:hug:

Just lost an hour of my life trying log in online to my doctors to book my flu jab.....got logged in it but was impossible to book my flu jab.......even Mr. JC had a go............. so I'll just ring them tomorrow or go to Boots.

Off to watch Silent Witness otherwise known as Witless Silence in this house.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:love: Silent Witness
                            There is a great new series started 'Kin' - set in Dublin - common as muck - but thinks it's the Sopranos :haha:
                            About Irish drug dealing family - very posh drug dealing family - it is depicted as them swanning around in big cars & swanky houses.

I don't think that is how they live at all - in this country. They have to hide the money. Can't be seen to have it. The Criminal Asset Bureau will seize it so it means they live in normal houses / flats with 'pretend' normal jobs.
                            I know this 'cos the 'lady' that was a companion to my mother had 'attachments' to one of them. :egad:

But I'm enjoying it despite all that.

Comment

Lost the Internet today, delighted. Kids are all in bed, Reading actual books! Engineer will be out in 3-5 working days. Will be heading up to my buddies house tomorrow..
                              Little short story read for anyone with a spare 10mins. Good read and some of his drunken thoughts will be familiar.
                              https://www.rte.ie/culture/2021/0920...vin-donnellan/

Laughing at your 'gas man' JC, am reading a book with the same name. All very medical-ish but I'm enjoying it.

Hope the penny starts to drop for YS.

Job hasn't started yet Rustop, late Oct.

Comment

Crossed posts. Must watch Kin, heard its good all right.

Comment

Working...
                                X