Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army 2021

Morning,
    [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..........I was awake early too but decided to have just 5 minutes..............two hours later I woke up.

Washing machine bought..............the lad in the shop was a tad startled that we knew exactly what we wanted. Its in stock and coming Tuesday. Managed to dodge the fee for taking the old one away and the delivery charge. Mr. JC can be very persuasive. Your lad was prepared with his forms for getting a credit scheme.
    We booked our flu jab.
    Did a biggish shop........we had to keep stopping and thinking they've got shops in Yorkshire.......dropped in on the S&H on the way back.

Just going to have a coffee and then tackle another couple of boxes from the garage. Although we've managed without most of the crap for the last 20 months we could just go to our local tip and dump them there.

Enjoy your lunch Molls and have a decent day at work Satzuma.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Lovely lunch had...Ikea list done and fabric picked for new chair...sort of productive day.
      Jilly has banjaxed almost every electric appliance in 3 years..we called the repair man who couldn't fix the washing machine..had one in his van..25 mins from start to finish..fully installed and old one gone.
      Fridge freezer has been replaced already so waiting to see what she breaks next!!!!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Called in to say good night.
        [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......we've had one of those days but no lunch out .............spent most of the day tidying the garage. The house is nearly back to normal. Just a few photos to be re-framed and others to put back up. Does anyone want three bikes that........two used to belong to Jenny & the S&H and one was Mr JC's. Think Mr JC's was from just after the penny-farthing era. The other two were the kids and about 15 years past their use-by date. Did try and have a ride on one but its well and truly fecked. Something tells me I won't be able to put them in the bin.
        A mountain of books which took a while to work out which ones we are keeping........we've kept our favourites and guess what........... ordered a bookcase from IKEA, click and collect so and Mr JC can pick it up on his way home from work.
        So looking forward to being in the middle of nowhere next week.

Nighty night to those off or in bed and morning to the underooos.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. I am off to Norway later today. I have been awake all night worrying about going.

I hope the marathon went well Mary, and you are not too stiff this morning.
          I was supporting the Chester marathon yesterday and lots of my club were doing London
          Sounds like promising news re YS Satz, hopefully it will stick this time, if you know what I mean?

Hello to Rusty,Molly, JC,Techie Bridget and all to come.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
            Good morning everyone. I am off to Norway later today. I have been awake all night worrying about going.

I hope the marathon went well Mary, and you are not too stiff this morning.
            I was supporting the Chester marathon yesterday and lots of my club were doing London
            Sounds like promising news re YS Satz, hopefully it will stick this time, if you know what I mean?

Morning MrsA and all to come

Now MrsA this is very much at the top of my thoughts at the moment - what was an adventure to us 30 years ago can be a worry today -- IF WE LET IT. Age is a real physical thing - but it's in our remit to not let it be a mental thing... what's the worst that can happen? Go and have that adventure (I know going to Norway was probably completely routine pre. covid - but now - it IS a bit of an adventure) -- enjoy every minute in a lovely different place with your lovely daughter...
            I was getting cold feet about our move to Mayo (just a little bit - never going to not do it) - but I gave myself a good talking to --- we both want this adventure -- and we deserve it - more than 40 years caring and worrying about family and home and bills and jobs -- this is OUR time (and we're only 2.5 hours from Dublin) -- yup we're back to looking at boats and electric bikes and feck it -- not going to end my days worrying about things that probably will never happen... go and have a great time and bring us back a stick of rock:thumbsup:

Comment

Oh -- and Joe is off to Ikea -- today --- alone --- have you ANY idea what an adventure that is to him -- HAHA -- I'm laughing in my head -- he'll be like a cross between Mr Bean and Father Ted in the underwear dept.:hahaha:

Where's Bridgey?

Comment

Morning

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].......another first. You're bound to be anxious and I know you're a shy one but let them know you're a lone traveler.
                After Uncle died my Aunt went to America for the first time without her husband of nearly 50 years (to see her son and his family) her daughter and I told the powers that be she was a lone traveler. She was treated like a queen. They gave her priority and assisted boarding.............she wasn't too happy that the bloke turned up with a wheelchair. So she put her hand luggage in it. We're crossing our fingers she can get over this Christmas.
                Apart from the last two Chrimbos she hasn't been over she's okay with it now.
                Oh and she much prefers Aer Lingus that BA. Aer Lingus bent over backward to make sure she was happy and safe. She loves Dublin Airport. Heathrow is vile.

Well into first place is Father Ted for comedy especially the caravan episode but the lingerie one is easily second.

Father Ted - Best bits - Escape from the lingerie section - YouTube
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[QUOTE=JackieClaire;1801403]Morning

Good morning everyone.

Thinking of you Brit, lots of good advice from the Molly one. I’m off at cock crow Wednesday morning. Can’t wait to give my daughter a hug. I was going to stay with her but it probably would be too cramped. Found an Airbnb literally around the corner from her place.

IKEA will make a fortune out of all of us. I have a list of stuff for this cottage. Nothing happening fast. Our solicitor on holidays until 18th.

Hope the legs are ok Mary, waves to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Morning MrsA and all to come

Now MrsA this is very much at the top of my thoughts at the moment - what was an adventure to us 30 years ago can be a worry today -- IF WE LET IT. Age is a real physical thing - but it's in our remit to not let it be a mental thing... what's the worst that can happen? Go and have that adventure (I know going to Norway was probably completely routine pre. covid - but now - it IS a bit of an adventure) -- enjoy every minute in a lovely different place with your lovely daughter...
                    I was getting cold feet about our move to Mayo (just a little bit - never going to not do it) - but I gave myself a good talking to --- we both want this adventure -- and we deserve it - more than 40 years caring and worrying about family and home and bills and jobs -- this is OUR time (and we're only 2.5 hours from Dublin) -- yup we're back to looking at boats and electric bikes and feck it -- not going to end my days worrying about things that probably will never happen... go and have a great time and bring us back a stick of rock:thumbsup:
                    oh WELL SAID Molls - all of it ! :welldone:
                    Get away from all the shite.

Just listening there - Dublin has go to the dogs. €350 a month for a nurse to share a double room - like share a double bed - with a stranger. So the person is subletting a double room....... ridiculous.
                    Last edited by satz123; October 4, 2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Oh -- and Joe is off to Ikea -- today --- alone --- have you ANY idea what an adventure that is to him --
                      Jesus Molls - will he be ok ?:egad:
                      Ring the police if he's not home by midnight

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post

Now Now Ms A what's to worry about. :hug: You've travelled alone before - to Dublin anyway
                        I had that conversation with someone yesterday - we are all a bit wary when travelling after so long.

Off you go & have a ball.......... :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          Jesus Molls - will he be ok ?:egad:
                          Ring the police if he's not home by midnight
                          You won't believe this...he was sent to get 3 items..and he came home with the right ones!!!!

Comment

You won't believe this...he was sent to get 3 items..and he came home with the right ones!!!!
                            Did you pat him on the head and give him a doggy treat Now he's done it once he'll never be away from the place.

What did we do before IKEA? Where did we go on a wet Sunday afternoon?

Just popped in to say nighty night got to be up at dawn as they're delivering the washing machine between 8:08am and noon. Although I look like I've been dragged through bush most of the day but its at its worse in the morning.

Ooh and FB is fecked along with whatsapp for some. :eek-new:

Nighty night, lovelies. :hug:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

How did we survive without FB and Instagram for 6 whole hours???
                              Morning all...hope MrsA safely in Norway and tell us bout the marathon Mary?

Comment

Good morning everyone.

On the early shift as well. Only thing I missed was what’s app for sending SIL a message but just reverted to texting. Ways and means.

Hope Brit arrived ok. Not going to get much sleep tonight as I have a 6am flight in morning. Will check in when I arrive. Am sure I will have internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X