X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army 2021

Morning,
    I thought it was my laptop.
    It was the whatsapp I missed. Jenny and I always have a wee chat before she goes to bed. We had to use the old-fashioned texting.

Up sharp because they're delivering the washing machine between 8:10am and 12:10. The trouble is I didn't get to sleep 'til after 2am as I was anxious I'd miss the alarm.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Some musings of a Tuesda evening :
      DD moving to new life in Munich later this month.
      New husband : new job - new apartment ....

I don't know how 2 kids brought up with 1.5 years between them could grow to be such opposites.
      YS was the shy, easy going but sensitive one.
      Now apart from the alcoholism - he is easily pleased , never asks for anything, happy to shop in charity shops.
      He lives just day to day.

DD was a nightmare of whinging & anxious about everything.
      Now she works hard and has the best of everything material-wise.
      She is always looking to the future & planning something.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Afternoon all. Some musings of a Tuesda evening :
        DD moving to new life in Munich later this month.
        New husband : new job - new apartment ....

I don't know how 2 kids brought up with 1.5 years between them could grow to be such opposites.
        YS was the shy, easy going but sensitive one.
        Now apart from the alcoholism - he is easily pleased , never asks for anything, happy to shop in charity shops.
        He lives just day to day.

DD was a nightmare of whinging & anxious about everything.
        Now she works hard and has the best of everything material-wise.
        She is always looking to the future & planning something.
        Oh Benjy -- I've 4 kids and they are all so very different --- really goes against the nurture option -- all with similar upbringings - and they are poles apart....so yeah - I know what you're saying -- good for her -- going on HER adventure -- and the young fella - look he'll get himself sorted and find his own path -- money and jobs and houses aren't the proof of success in themselves -- happiness is key and he'll just need to find happiness without the drink... a long tedious path - but it's not a choice for the likes of him and us -- it's just not... and he'll find that out --

Just in from work and fecking tired -- the big bosses all swanned in today as if they were the cheese altogether -- make me sick tbh.. my boss is recovering from cancer and has been told by them she can't even WFH one day a week even tho her job could be done totally remotely -- inhuman bastards.... that is all
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          Just in from work and fecking tired -- the big bosses all swanned in today as if they were the cheese altogether -- make me sick tbh.. my boss is recovering from cancer and has been told by them she can't even WFH one day a week even tho her job could be done totally remotely -- inhuman bastards.... that is all
          Bastards .... hopefully karma will get them .....

We used to say - "thinks he's the cheese - not even the cow on the box" :hahaha:

Comment

Morning lazy lumps...and waves to Norway..hope you both got there safely..would love to hear a bit about whereabouts ye are..the environment...any snow...price of a pint (haha...sorry..that one's a joke:welldone
            Morning all else..late shift today

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
              We used to say - "thinks he's the cheese - not even the cow on the box" :hahaha:
              That's a good 'un :congratulatory:

I've got one of each with just 20 months between them.
              Is it nature or nurture.............well the S&H is like his Dad. So relaxed he'll fall over backwards one day. Once he finished his working day he goes into laid back mode just like Mr. JC. Very rarely have I seen Mr. JC get anxious about a case.
              Jenny is like me or should I say was like me.....we could fret for England. This may sound daft but I think (or should I say IMO) teaching has been her calling. She can make lists and plan away to her heart's content.

She got sent home from school yesterday she's got a hacking cough. She's had a CRP test depending on the result she'll either be at home for 10 days if its positive or back at school on Friday if its negative.

The long-awaited washing machine arrived and we were overwhelmed with excitement and the bloody thing started dancing round the utility room...........not a lot but enough to make us sigh and use language that only those over 18 should hear.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone.

Arrived safe and sound. It is a beautiful country, the first thing I noticed from the plane window was the autumnal colour of the trees. My daughter is living right in the middle of the city, old house but big high ceilings and central to everything. It is only a studio/bedsit so small. I found an Airbnb around the corner in a modern apartment block, not as much character but fine for a few days. Have to say it is very mild weather wise also very expensive Molly. I have no idea what the price of a pint is but itÂ’s not cheap! Taking her out to dinner tonight for her birthday so looking forward to that.

Oslo airport was like a ghost town but all restrictions now lifted and not a mask in sight. Dublin and Amsterdam were very very busy, like pre Covid. A lot of self scanning which is great. I was afraid that I would not make my second flight as I only had an hour in between but with my EU passport I walked right up to the self scanner at passport control and waltzed through.

Better go have a shower and get ready for this dinner. Hope Brit had a trouble free journey. Regarding siblings my two are like chalk and cheese, could not be more different.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  The long-awaited washing machine arrived and we were overwhelmed with excitement and the bloody thing started dancing round the utility room...........not a lot but enough to make us sigh and use language that only those over 18 should hear.
                  :hahaha:
                  Jacks it's the cheap crap they make washing machine with these days.
                  Years ago things were made to last.

My first machine had a hulking great concrete block in the base. Lasted for donkey's years & it never hopped around. Couldn't hop around :haha:

Comment

@rustop59 oh I'd love to see Norway.
                    I love all that cold & dark and people going around in big chunky clothes all the time.
                    Love big warm chunky clothes.dfd40acb5a6bc19e5c8a339fb552d0cc.jpg
                    Last edited by satz123; October 6, 2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I must be losing it. I could’ve sworn I saw a washing machine dance by my bedroom window this morning. Nah!
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

:hahaha:
                        Jacks it's the cheap crap they make washing machine with these days.
                        Years ago things were made to last.

My first machine had a hulking great concrete block in the base. Lasted for donkey's years & it never hopped around. Couldn't hop around :haha:
                        The one we just got rid off had concrete.........towards it departing this earth we'd go in the utility room and find great lumps of concrete. It was so ancient we couldn't find its instructions. Hence the new one. Ach we're away to the Yorkshire Dales on Friday everything's clean that we're taking but Mr. JC will be having a word with the powers that be tomorrow.

Would you believe Ma & Pa in law still have a twin tub. :egad:

Originally posted by techie View Post
                        I must be losing it. I could’ve sworn I saw a washing machine dance by my bedroom window this morning. Nah!
                        Captain Kirk would have more excitement sitting on this monster than his planned rocket trip.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Would you believe my mum never had a washing machine of any description ..she had muscles like Popeye from wringing things out..my first machine lasted us till we moved from our first house...17 years!!!
                          Evening and goodnight all.. delighted you're settled in Rusters.. enjoy your trip xxx

Comment

I've missed so much. Brit and Rustop are away, hope your both having a fabulous time with your daughters. I bet your planning your next trip already [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :happy2:
                            Great posts on the kids there Molly and Satz. I look at mine and worry about their futures (its my job to worry), they are such a mixed bag. And you are so right Molly, happiness, or at least contentment, is the real measure of success.

Belfast marathon was brilliant, I loved it (ignoring the fact that MrM got a flat tyre on the way up and was a ball of stress by the time I came over the line). Delighted with my time, means I can qualify for other popular marathons, if I was that way inclined. If you told me 7 years ago that Id be booze free and running marathons, Id have thought you crackers. I never ever want to drink again, Ive got this far - I hope I never will.

Our internet is finally fixed!
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              I've missed so much. Brit and Rustop are away, hope your both having a fabulous time with your daughters. I bet your planning your next trip already [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :happy2:
                              Great posts on the kids there Molly and Satz. I look at mine and worry about their futures (its my job to worry), they are such a mixed bag. And you are so right Molly, happiness, or at least contentment, is the real measure of success.

Belfast marathon was brilliant, I loved it (ignoring the fact that MrM got a flat tyre on the way up and was a ball of stress by the time I came over the line). Delighted with my time, means I can qualify for other popular marathons, if I was that way inclined. If you told me 7 years ago that Id be booze free and running marathons, Id have thought you crackers. I never ever want to drink again, Ive got this far - I hope I never will.

Our internet is finally fixed!
                              Congratulations on The Marathon, Mary. It is quite an accomplishment. I know what it takes!
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Congratulations Mary! Wowza!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X