December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Nor me Rusters...laughing to myself this morning..was talking to the big boss on the phone this morn...she's a prissy cow but I don't give a shit anymore...she was talking bout new restrictions and how 'hospitality' will be closed at 5pm...I just said 'sure you'll have to go and get blathered in the afternoon now' ...and she roared laughing...maybe I've read her wrong all those years!!

Morning
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning form boring number one

Can't let the cat in as Mr. JC's allergic to them.
      Just remembered that I got a pneumonia vaccination last year way before the covid vaccinations were rolled out. Conspiracy theory coming................do you reckon the medics knew what was on its way. Actually 29th April (only remember because its my SIL's husband's birthday)

Ach Molls I wish I could take the wee man out.............I've got him in his harness. I'm dressed, I'm full of gusto and then get to the door and its like someone's built a brick wall. Its hard to explain. I've knitted a mountain baby cardigans for a charity my cousin's involved with. I've watched so many American cop shows I can now tell you who did it, why and what they'll be sentenced when they get caught within 10 mins. Re-reading Wuthering Heights for the 1000th time.

Got our Jenny coming to use JC hotel while she goes out on the lash with her friends up here. I thought they still shut at 10pm but that's seems to have been dropped.

And we won the quiz...................our prize.............four bottles of wine.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

And we won the quiz...................our prize.............four bottles of wine.
        Ah FFS !!
        One word JC - regift
        I also have DD landing on me avec new husband on Sunday for a week then they are off to Barbados when we get too boring.
        .......... I KNOW I should be delighted but I'm not......
        Have to be on my best behaviour & can't roar at MrS when he is DRIVING ME F*CKING NUTS.
        Like today - If I'd a gun I'd have used it!!!
        Last edited by satz123; December 17, 2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Ah FFS !!
          One word JC - regift
          I also have DD landing on me avec new husband on Sunday for a week then they are off to Barbados when we get too boring.
          .......... I KNOW I should be delighted but I'm not......
          Have to be on my best behaviour & can't roar at MrS when he is DRIVING ME F*CKING NUTS.
          Like today - If I'd a gun I'd have used it!!!
          I came home to a houseful of sprogs after a really bad day with awkward people...I muttered to Joe in kit hen...'roll on Mayo'...did feel guilty

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            I came home to a houseful of sprogs after a really bad day with awkward people...I muttered to Joe in kit hen...'roll on Mayo'...did feel guilty
            That's tough Molls - you need to decompress after a day in work. I hope they had grub ready ?
            I'll be putting my name in the pot for extra days in work .......

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              That's tough Molls - you need to decompress after a day in work. I hope they had grub ready ?
              I'll be putting my name in the pot for extra days in work .......
              HAHA...I wish! Anyway..fed and watered and in bed now ...just sometimes get tired being 'mum'..is that a terrible thing to say?

Will DD muck in or will she want to be waited on?
              Barbados....oh glory!!!

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].......................just popped a hot water bottle in the bed in the back bedroom and one in the little front bedroom..................just crawl in there. I'll not tell a soul where you. are.

Didn't need to re-gift.......we only took one bottle just in case someone wants a drink with their Chrimbo dinner..................the other two in our team took the rest. I might treat myself to some fancy fizzy water.

Now off to bed you two. I'll be up in a minute to tuck you in and no reading under the covers.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

@mollyka @satz123.......................just popped a hot water bottle in the bed in the back bedroom and one in the little front bedroom..................just crawl in there. I'll not tell a soul where you. are.

I might treat myself to some fancy fizzy water.
                  @jackieclaire Tesco Finest* Sicilian Lemon And Mint Presse
                  I don't normally like fizzy drinks - like coke etc - but this one is yum.

I'll turn off the lights.
                  Doesn't look like the Mary wan is coming home AGAIN......
                  Last edited by satz123; December 17, 2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

...just sometimes get tired being 'mum'..is that a terrible thing to say?
                    no !

Comment

I've fed the cat.. obviously I was out on the lash making hay before the pub curfew :haha:

Don't feel guilty at all Molly, coming home after a head wrecking day to peace and quiet would be most people's hope!

Hope the tests keep coming back neg Rustop..
                      My arm is still sore after the booster. 3 days now (almost bullet proof! Is there such a thing?)

How treatable is agoraphobia [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]? It sounds very debilitating and frustrating I'd image, knowing that logically, there's no reason not to go out but the brain won't let you.
                      Our brains are so bloody complicated, it's their fault we,re all here in the first place!

Sitting in my new kitchen..Lots still wrong and lots still to do (like put down the floor), but I have a working boiling water tap, so thats me completely contented with life :happy2:

Off for a run
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning and its a cold and crispy one.

...just sometimes get tired being 'mum'..is that a terrible thing to say?
                        Absolutely not.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..............yep it can be 'cured' or so the woman on the phone said.. It is treatable. Covid has scrambled a lot of brains so the mental health people are overwhelmed

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............... sounds lovely I'll give it a go.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone

Foggy morning here. Had a lovely walk in an Oak Glen with 4 of the doggies followed by breakfast of scrambled egg and toast. Set up for the day.

Must look for that drink Satz. Need to motivate myself now to clean some windows.

Comment

Morning and its a cold and crispy one.

Absolutely not.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..............yep it can be 'cured' or so the woman on the phone said.. It is treatable. Covid has scrambled a lot of brains so the mental health people are overwhelmed

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............... sounds lovely I'll give it a go.
                            Yep Jackie i can feel my mental health has suffered alot during this shit time,it's awful cuz it really seems endless! I thought it'd be over by now,nope. Waves to all from across the pond
                            Last edited by paulywogg; December 18, 2021, 09:38 AM.
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                              Yep Jackie i can feel my mental health has suffered alot during this shit time,it's awful cuz it really seems endless! I thought it'd be over by now,nope. Waves to all from across the pond
                              ah hallo Pauly! Great to see you -- indeed mental health has to be badly affected -- it's been a rotten couple of years -- and now it seems like it could be ANOTHER year or more --- are ye having it tough over in the States? Not too bad here in Ireland at the moment -- 'at the moment' being the operative phrase!! UK are having it very tough -- so it's probably ahead of us now... anyway I suppose we need to just keep muddling along and hope we come out the other side!!

Met up with Adam and his partner for a walk -- it was lovely actually -- beautiful morning and home now after nice lunch and feet up -- howdy to all else

Comment

Good day Army. Not feeling too well today. We were exposed to another couple who just tested positive for COVID. We have appointments for testing later today. I’m so exhausted, I put my running shoes on this morning. I sat back on the sofa and feel asleep with all my gear on. Mrs Techie has a fever and a bad cough but is not tired like me. Weird I tell you. In other news, my daughter is home from school in Sweden and is running in an Arizona marathon this morning. I couldn’t be more proud that she is following in my footsteps.

Molly, someone once said that being a mom is really hard, otherwise the father would do it. Have a beautiful day folks. Be good to yourselves and stay healthy. I’m an asthmatic so I am a bit concerned. Blessings x
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X