Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Night troopers.

Haven't heard from the Jones wan as yet. Emailed her again just now. Hope you're ok Jonesy.

Take it easy out there evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning all - [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]
      Thanks MrG ....... :heartbeat:
      I admit I did worry about Bridgeeeee. As long as she's ok we'll have to accept she just got sick of us. :crybaby:
      Last edited by satz123; December 16, 2021, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Heard from YS - he appears to be getting on very well in his temporary home.
        It just a large house where 10 of them live. They do their own cooking, cleaning etc.

So far has he's been bowling, gym, cycling, sea swimming. .
        We're getting him surfing lessons in Tramore as a Christmas gift. Loves the sea.

If he completes 6 months that will give him a strong base to work on when he gets home.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Morning all - [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]
          Thanks MrG ....... :heartbeat:
          I admit I did worry about Bridgeeeee. As long as she's ok we'll have to accept she just got sick of us. :crybaby:
          Awww you reckon?
          Bit sad...but yeah guess we are boring..it's like working with someone every day ..interesting news and gossip dries up fast..
          Back at work now and just delighted to have had the jab...
          Have to do an online course today while at work...the fools paid a fortune for heaps of these nonsense courses cos they thought we'd be in lockdown and couldn't bear the thought of us doing nothing at home so now they clamouring at us to do them while working 8 hour days....muppets
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Heard from YS - he appears to be getting on very well in his temporary home.
            It just a large house where 10 of them live. They do their own cooking, cleaning etc.

So far has he's been bowling, gym, cycling, sea swimming. .
            We're getting him surfing lessons in Tramore as a Christmas gift. Loves the sea.

If he completes 6 months that will give him a strong base to work on when he gets home.
            Xpost Benjy...that all sounds brilliant...does he stay down there for Christmas?

Comment

Morning
              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............that's fantastic. We've got a place like that up here and getting a place is like finding gold growing in the back garden. I know a couple who went there. They're years sober now and got married a couple of years back.
              [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]................thanks for getting in touch with our Bridgee.

I'm still waiting for a counselor to help with my agoraphobia. Must be two months since my initial phone call with the head of Talking Helps. I'm okay if I'm with someone but the thought of going out on my own horrifies me. All reason disappears.

Saying that we're going out tonight to a Curry and Quiz night but Mr. JC will be with me.
              Last edited by JackieClaire; December 16, 2021, 06:46 AM.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning
                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............that's fantastic. We've got a place like that up here and getting a place is like finding gold growing in the back garden. I know a couple who went there. They're years sober now and got married a couple of years back.
                [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]................thanks for getting in touch with our Bridgee.

I'm still waiting for a counselor to help with my agoraphobia. Must be two months since my initial phone call with the head of Talking Helps. I'm okay if I'm with someone but the thought of going out on my own horrifies me. All reason disappears.

Saying that we're going out tonight to a Curry and Quiz night but Mr. JC will be with me.
                That's hard Jackie...I'm not mad on going out but i'd hate to be not able to...can you go out if you've the dog with you?
                U
                So tired now I wish it was home time...dreaming of my couch and my dressing gown:yay:
                Last edited by mollyka; December 16, 2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Thanks for checking on Bridget Guitarista, hopefully it is just that she’s busy, not fed up of us. Great news about YS and good idea for his Xmas gift. It will be something he enjoys and will keep him busy.

Hope you hear back from counsellor soon JC. Everything is upside down at the moment. Well I am minus the puppy but now have SIL’s two dogs. Walked four of them this morning and tired them out.

Comment

Hiya Army. Sending hugs to JC and anyone else in need. Thanks for reaching out to Jones, G-Man. It is always concerning when the collective gets fractured. Blessings x

5956245B-20DD-410E-88BF-8BBA9A4B109F.jpg
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Evening folks, just checking in. It’s going to be another strange Christmas I guess.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                        Evening folks, just checking in. It’s going to be another strange Christmas I guess.
                        It's looking that way Tabs...evening all...achully it's a goodnight from me...boring one signing out..xx

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                          Yep @Tabbers. Seems NPHET are recommending 5pm closing in pubs... :egad:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            It's looking that way Tabs...evening all...achully it's a goodnight from me...boring one signing out..xx
                            boring # two signing out ......

Mers put the cat out !

Comment

Yep @Tabbers. Seems NPHET are recommending 5pm closing in pubs... :egad:
                              How will we cope :devildevil:

Sounds like YS will come back a new man.

Cats out
                              Boy-lights.jpg
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning

What a beautiful morning, it is so so mild but very dark. Took 4 dogs up to the woods as soon as it got bright and gave them a good run.

Bringing daughter to train, she’s meeting college friends this weekend. I’m thankful we have our boosters and she’s self testing every second day but it is a worry. Didn’t hear about the 5pm closing, won’t make much difference to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X