No announcement yet.

December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And don't forget the how you walked 3 miles to school and home everyday in the pouring rain and it was all uphill both ways Granny Jackie!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Afternoon..up in howth and had a smashing walk....bollixed!
      Fraid grannies aren't allowed be like that anymore..certainly i got no allowance for age:congratulatory:
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Congratulations on hitting double digits, Molly!

Satz, good to hear that you and your son are negative and that he remains sober.

And, congratulations to you, JC, on your upcoming grandmahood! It is so much fun :smile:

All the best to everyone for a much better 2022!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS to Molly xoxo
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks Techie and NS...you're very kind xx

Just dropping in to say goodnight..had a lovely day today...tomorrow will be less so..going to start packing photos and all sorts that can go down to Mayo ..we should have the keys next week I think..really not looking forward to all the upheaval !!

Night folks..talk tomorrow xx
            Last edited by mollyka; December 29, 2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Just popped in to say good night.

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              And don't forget the how you walked 3 miles to school and home everyday in the pouring rain and it was all uphill both ways Granny Jackie!
              :harhar: You must have gone to the same to school as me
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Just popped in to say good night.

:harhar: You must have gone to the same to school as me
                Yep we all went there. In our bare feet and no arse in our trousers :haha:
                School of hard knocks ...

Started watching 'Bad Girls' from episode 1.
                It's brilliant - very ehh what's the word ... rustic ? unsophisticated?
                But the acting is excellent.
                Not a bit slick like most of the programmes these days.

Tonight's episode made me cry - haven't cried at tv for yonks.
                Last edited by satz123; December 29, 2021, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Bad girls, I'm going to look that up.
                  We actually pulled out a few board games and shock.. horror.. the kids willingly played!
                  Other than a walk, we hardly ventured outside the door. Everyone is riddled with covid so north county dublin is laying low by all accounts.. Good time to kick off your sorting Molly.

JC, your going to have a amazing blanket crocheted for princess Guinevere :heartbeat:
                  Last edited by IamMary; December 29, 2021, 06:51 PM.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning everyone

Can’t remember if I have seen Bad Girls, is it on Netflix? Lucky you Molly, must be exciting to be getting stuff ready for the new place. We are nowhere near that but fingers crossed for the New Year. Had two walks yesterday, Covid is everywhere so that’s about all people can do.

Managed to get one in this morning but it is now starting to rain so not sure about another one. I am the morning person, everyone else still in bed, apart from my daughter who is working. Thankful for the clear headed mornings.

Comment

Morning (just)
                      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........delighted for you........shame you're not a bit closer we've got a mountain of IKEA boxes you could borrow.

Never heard of Bad Girls..............we've started watching Vikings again..................well I'm watching it for the umpteeth time but its Mr JC's first time. And thanks to Amazon there's a football or two match every night being shown. Does anyone know a surgeon that can get the channel changers out of Mr JC's hands?

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..............the clatter of knitting needles from the NE of England will prolly be mentioned on the news.

So the last day of the year tomorrow.................anyone partying or doing what we're doing..................nothing. Mr JC will first foot next door and he'll first foot ours.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..................I've just though of another one. Rolling the waist of your school skirt so it was a mini-skirt.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ireland faces ‘addiction tsunami’ over scale of pandemic home drinking - Independent.ie

Comment

Im not surprised..i think lots of us here could track our real problem back to the beginning of home drinking...sad.

Evening all..more packing up today..weird going through old photos..think it's sad we don't have 'hard copy' photos these days..I know we CAN...but...??!
                            Anyways watching American Rust...super book but quite well done in series

Comment

Just popped in to say good night then blooming started reading .......................same over here
                              Increased alcohol consumption during the pandemic is likely driving an unprecedented acceleration in alcoholic liver disease death say PHE

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..................I don't know how she did it but my SIL got all her old photos and Ma and Pa's ancient photos put onto DVDs. She didn't do it herself found a place that could and would do it.

Got myself some new boots today courtesy of my in-laws Chrimbo money although we're expecting temperatures of 17C plus in the next few days I'll be wearing flip flops .
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just popping in to wish you all a Happy New Years Eve
                                Very quiet here in Aus, we've got the omicron covid outbreak so everyone is masked up but still out and about.
                                I'm not even listening to the news to see what the numbers are. Time enough for that after new years when I have to go back to work.
                                Just fiddling about in teh garden is enough for me. I always find the lead up to Christmas exhausting and welcome the opportunity to do nothing.
                                Best to All :heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X