Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Too early to put him out Mers.
    Bring him back in so you can put him out tonight ............... sigh.... not a clue these young wans.

Rice in your phone you'll get a few extra days out of it.

Is the sim ok? Will you get all your stuff transferred ?
    @IamMary.... MrS lost his phone in the Liffey - (long story )
    How does he get all his contacts back - I'm fed up listening to him...
    Last edited by satz123; December 5, 2021, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Good evening. Really bad day yesterday but today so much better. Young running friends took me to Lyme Park ( do the google) Hhad a fabulous walk and a look around the national trust house.I had a lovely day. Now back on my own with a book to read.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
        Good evening. Really bad day yesterday but today so much better. Young running friends took me to Lyme Park ( do the google) Hhad a fabulous walk and a look around the national trust house.I had a lovely day. Now back on my own with a book to read.
        Is Mr D'arcy still in the pond MsA (did the Google)

Comment

Morning all -- just heading into town now to sign the contracts for the house -- it's really gonna happen now I think! How's everyone -- take the good times MrsA -- mind you -- the older I get the more I realise that true 'good times' are rare enough -- seems like life just wants to throw a multitude of shit at us -- so I s'pose we really should appreciate 'good moments'!!!

laters gaters
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
            [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]..................bless your heart. :love: I want to tuck you in our little bedroom.....................its got a TV now.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............excited for you. The deed is prolly done by now.

My go to book is Wuthering Heights.............not the jolliest story in the world but it helps me.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..................you've prolly tried by now but there's a mass of advice on good auld Google on how to dry out a phone. Mr JC's new one weighs a ton and the S&H's whole life is on his. I haven't changed mine for about 6/7 years. The kids look at me as if I've just emerged from a cave.

Is D'Arcy in the same river as the cat?
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone

Well done Molly and wishing you all the happiness in the world in your new home. Exciting times, enjoy the moment. Afraid we are no further along with ours, still waiting on stuff. Think you are right about life throwing a pile of shit at us, seems to be raining it down the past two years. As you say we should enjoy the moments.

Believe we have a storm coming tomorrow, that’s all we need!

Comment

Cross posted there with you JC, hope you are feeling better and you too Brit.

Comment

Well done Molls & Joe ..... enjoy the excitement ..... as you said rare enough these days.

This storm on the way in tomorrow ? - seems pretty bad. Never know whether to believe them or not. Last big storm Met Eireann forecast a storm we had a mop fall over out back yard .... not kidding.

Rosie not feeling well - very pettish - so I HAVE to stay here with her.

MrS & YS gone down to the new place in Waterford to start the secondary treatment.
                  YS seems to be looking forward to it ...... washed, ironed & has his case packed since Friday :egad:

'Course probably dying for some peace. As I said before, he is a quiet person, so living here with me, MrS & Rosie must be challenging. Up early shouting & roaring at each other. :haha:
                  My excuse is that MrS is deaf as a post and TV constantly at full tilt - I HAVE to shout to be heard.
                  Last edited by satz123; December 6, 2021, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Hello Army. Sending you warm hugs from a the very cold Sierra Mountains. Blessings x
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Goodnight Army...best of luck young Satz...and it's cold here too Techs...and a storm on its way!!

Comment

So did the rice thing in the hotpress for 2 days now [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] + [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] (phone helpdesk team) - helped, but keeps going black every now and then. I need to take it to a repair shop, maybe a loose wire.
                        I want to hear the liffey story now please.

Lots of new starts today, who needs January, Mollys has the keys and YS starts his new life!!

Lyme Park looks fabulous [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. After only watching Downton Abbey recently, I have a new fascination with these big estates. My daughter certainly does too - actually, might see if we can visit one over here, will be a good stocking filler.

Our house is still completely exposed, windows arrive this Thursday, so this storm should be interesting... schools are all closed for the day. No lunches to make, always a silver lining!
                        Last edited by IamMary; December 6, 2021, 06:32 PM.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning, no I haven't wet the bed we're off to get our booster.
                          Hope it all went well yesterday, Molls and your lad, Satz.

A useless or useful fact The Duchess from Downton Abbey played by Maggie Smith's bits were filmed in Inveraray Castle. We were up there on holiday (not in the castle) we were in a hotel near by
                          We'd gone to have a look see at it. I'd nipped out for a ciggie (I was still smoking then)and and met a Dutch man and we had a natter.........................I waxed lyrical about how it was built with granite from local mines. Total crap.I must have blabbed on for 15 minutes. I was literally making it up as I went along. What can I say..................I was bored. Mr JC loves looking at everything..............I just like a quick whizz round. You must remember when Jenny had to point out once when we in some stately home when she told him he was reading the instructions on a fire-extinguisher.

Molls and Mr. JC were made for each other. When Satz and her came across...............Satz and I spent a lot of time sitting on a wall.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            Morning, no I haven't wet the bed we're off to get our booster.
                            Hope it all went well yesterday, Molls and your lad, Satz.

A useless or useful fact The Duchess from Downton Abbey played by Maggie Smith's bits were filmed in Inveraray Castle. We were up there on holiday (not in the castle) we were in a hotel near by
                            We'd gone to have a look see at it. I'd nipped out for a ciggie (I was still smoking then)and and met a Dutch man and we had a natter.........................I waxed lyrical about how it was built with granite from local mines. Total crap.I must have blabbed on for 15 minutes. I was literally making it up as I went along. What can I say..................I was bored. Mr JC loves looking at everything..............I just like a quick whizz round. You must remember when Jenny had to point out once when we in some stately home when she told him he was reading the instructions on a fire-extinguisher.

Molls and Mr. JC were made for each other. When Satz and her came across...............Satz and I spent a lot of time sitting on a wall.
                            My memories were of you two on the wall alright! Oh I could have run away with him that time...he'd prolly been to that castle a thousand times cos it was near where you lived...but his enthusiasm!! I loved it...kindred spirit! Yes all got signed...latest drama...Jill touch and go whether she'll get the house and she's like a tinker....barking at us every time we open our mouths...but...the tree is up ;-)

Comment

Oh Mary...are you truly walless today? Bloody hell

Comment

Evening everyone

The theme today seems to be walls :egad:, poor Mary, not a great day to be walless, although it was not too bad out here. Not over yet though.image.jpg

They had to include the alcohol of course Not long in from work so need to get some food.
                                Last edited by rustop59; December 7, 2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X