March Army 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March Army 2022

Hi folks ...just saying goodnight..bit going on so will post properly real soon xx
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Seems to be a lot of bits going on here. Hope all ok Molly. Wonder how things are at the Satzes..

Your doing a craicking job avoiding covid Rustop! Well done.
      Yes thats weird you have snow JC. Wasnt great here today, but far from snow.

Finished the rabbit girls, very good read.

Night x
      Last edited by IamMary; March 30, 2022, 06:08 PM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning t is so cold here, even had a bit of snow last night.

Hoping to hear from Cardiology about my heart investigations, although I have not had anymore angina attacks and even managed Moel Arthur without any problem on Tuesday. Started back at Parkrun just walking and slow jogging. Feeling happier.

So sorry to hear about YS Satz, so disappointing on all levels. Thinking of you and sending warm thoughts.

Hello to Mary, Rusty,JC, Molly and all the rest of the Army

Comment

Good morning everyone

Well the snow came, nothing heavy but looking out at white hills. Great that you have not had any more angina attacks Brit and keeping fingers crossed regarding your results. Doing the park run is good for your head, it is a great idea.

You were meeting your sister Molly? Am sure you have a lot to process as a result. Took the insert out of my walking jacket last week, better put it back in, looks Baltic out there.

Comment

Morning,
            [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].............good for you. I'm near sure they'd have been in touch by now if it was serious.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............we're here when you're ready

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..............same goes for you. Can't begin to even think what you're going through.

We've got snow not a lot (well quite a lot for March) and its lying. It was nightmare walking home from the thing yesterday. Hail, rain and snow. Got in and put my pajamas on and filled a hot water bottle and huddled up with Mikey on the settee.
            I'm going back next week I liked it so much.
            Last edited by JackieClaire; March 31, 2022, 05:12 AM.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon Army
              I have mixed feelings at the moment.
              Sad but now also a bit of anger seeps in. YS is sleeping rough or in a hostel rather than come home.
              He knows the rule was no drinking here - but feck that I would GIVE him drink now if he'd come home.
              Nothing to stop him going to an internet cafe & sending an email.

I got a message from a lady on Tuesday saying "YS says to say he's ok & will be in touch soon".
              I rang her and she said she & her daughter saw him on a bench in the Memorial gardens in Dublin & spoke to him. We immediately went in & walked the whole place. -nothing.
              I'm thinking now MrS is the last person he wants to see. He's slipped off the pedestal he always had him on.
              The lady - Tara was lovely, well spoken & delighted I rang her. She said they just knew he was ok to approach - not a threat. And he looked very sad Had a bottle of wine with him .
              If she sees him again she'll let him ring me. She just said "yes he said he had a father but just talked about his mother most’"
              If he’d just get in touch I could talk him ‘round.

So yes if he comes home I'll FEED him alcohol until we can get him to a doctor.
              I know that goes against all the 'laws' of AA & AlAnon to show weakness but I can't let him just rot away in the gutter.
              The crowd in Wexford & Waterford are showing their true hard core AA colours - not even a phone call to ask how he is. Five months he spent with them.
              Yes I am bitter.
              Last edited by satz123; March 31, 2022, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                The crowd in Wexford & Waterford are showing their true hard core AA colours - not even a phone call to ask how he is. Five months he spent with them.
                Yes I am bitter.

Oh Satz, don’t blame you. As his mother you would do anything for them. Delighted that lady let you know he was ok. I know they need to want help but surely once they have been in treatment and you have paid all that money there should be a support system or aftercare in place. Thinking of you xx

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..............Tara sounds a wonderful lady and its no wonder that you're angry with the aftercare. Might be a pain in the arse but can you get to the Memorial every day, grab him and bring him home. I'll go out on a limb and he can have my phone number if it helps. We get free land-line calls .............something to do with the deal we made with the internet years ago.
                  Its not him you hate its the drink.
                  I'm saying good night now..........this weather hasn't half put me in a weird mood.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    @satz123..............Tara sounds a wonderful lady and its no wonder that you're angry with the aftercare. Might be a pain in the arse but can you get to the Memorial every day, grab him and bring him home. I'll go out on a limb and he can have my phone number if it helps. We get free land-line calls .............something to do with the deal we made with the internet years ago.
                    Its not him you hate its the drink.
                    I'm saying good night now..........this weather hasn't half put me in a weird mood.
                    Thanks Jacks:hug: But he lost his phone over a week ago that why he hasn't been in touch with anyone.
                    We have been going every day to the area - but no luck yet.

GOD I'm spitting feathers here !!
                    MrS finally told his brother about what happened.
                    That know-it-all interfering SIL of mine - packed herself, her husband & her son into a car and took it upon themselves to drive up & go save the day and be the ones to find him.
                    They all live in the country & don't even know Dublin city. FFS! I'm ready to blow soon !
                    He'd be HORRIFIED if he saw that lot descending on him and her talking her usual drivel - Jesus he may be an alcoholic but he needs some dignity left in tact.

A lovely police lady is on the case so they need to but out. Do they seriously believe THEY know where to find him - more than the local police or me who is from that area.

Sorry for the rant folks - but I'm mad as feck.

Comment

Ah no satz, have they discussed this with you first? I get the want to help, but not like that. Picturing myself going down a rabbit hole and my inlaws knocking down my door, clueless, saying unhelpful things like, ‘just cut back’. I would die.
                      Have the germans gone home?
                      This cold snap might make convince him to get home.. my hands took an hour to defrost earlier.
                      At least you have some information and he had the sense to get a message to you. What a lovely person Tara is.

Hope all went ok with your sister Molls.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                        Good morning t is so cold here, even had a bit of snow last night.

Hoping to hear from Cardiology about my heart investigations, although I have not had anymore angina attacks and even managed Moel Arthur without any problem on Tuesday. Started back at Parkrun just walking and slow jogging. Feeling happier.

So sorry to hear about YS Satz, so disappointing on all levels. Thinking of you and sending warm thoughts.

Hello to Mary, Rusty,JC, Molly and all the rest of the Army
                        Great your back in runners Brit! When do you expect to hear back from the hospital?

Comment

Working...
                        X