May Army 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May Army 2022

can remember when folks were years sober here (JC, Lav etc) and I was still in and out of sobriety -- and they would talk of the joys of life sober --- I just couldn't aspire to that at all --- ALL I wanted to do was to be able to keep drinking -- preferably in a trouble free way of course -- but it was SO central to my life I would have no more associated with people running and climbing mountains than I could have imagined flying to the moon
    I'll bet every one of us were drawn here because we wanted to control our drinking and there was when I first started there was a very active moderation thread.
    I know for me I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found MWO...........but when I went to get all the drugs/supplements you needed a good few are banned over here.

Yep same here. Wanted to be normal drinker. Cut out the drinking at home & during the week and I'll be grand.
    It was when I saw Jacks, Molls & others happy as Larry sober (& when I think of it just general chit chat that went on every day - just more of us I suppose).
    That then became the "new normal" I wanted.

I will always remember Molls you would talk about something in your drinking days & say 'yuk' - somehow that struck a chord.
    Dunno why - I think because I was still living in those 'yuk' moments and wanted to look at them in the rear view mirror like the rest of the Army.

Comment

and I DID IT !! :yay:
      nighty night .......

Mers put the cat & milk bottles out ....

Comment

Powerful posts ladies. I was very moved by this exchange. Life IS so much better sober than it ever was drinking and drugging. This forum saved my life and I’ll always be grateful for MWO, which is you all. Thanks again for the inspiration you posts provided. Reading them allowed me reflect on just how beautiful life can be. XOXO
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          My second son got a summer job in Mosney (before it became what it is now) - he was in charge of the dodgems --- god he loved that job --- where is your local theme park??? have I missed it?
          My first Summer job was making little blue satin bows for these horrendous brown habits that the nuns were buried in.:hahaha:
          Jesus no wonder I'm mad ..... there were a few in school I'd like to have buried ....
          Believe it or not - given any piece of material - a napkin for instance - I will automatically unconsciously fashion it into a bow

Comment

Rosie at Dublin airport waiting for the Germans at Christmas :IMG_0597.jpg

Comment

Mornin!
              My first job....working for my dad when I was 12...the girls in the office taught me to type...WHY does that not happen today?(along with spelling and grammar....don't start me!!!)
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone

My first job was in a nursing home. Had notions at the time that I might go into nursing after the leaving cert. Found it wasn’t for me so I guess some good came out of it.

Went out to a tapas restaurant last night for daughters birthday, very tasty. Planning on having a very lazy Sunday.

Comment

I'm heading off for the night to a hotel with Jilly and Tilly...just a little cheap break...god I need it...scrubbing and cleaning and painting to get this place ready...estate agent coming tomorrow so thankfully I'll be going straight from the hotel to work !!

Comment

Up late watching The Black List...............just suited for me and Mr JC.............full off violence and murder and bombs

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]................why would a dead nun need a blue ribbon?

I did a year as an office junior in a Vets...............covered everything from answering the phone, making 8 thousand coffees a day and I once stood in for the animal nurse from time to time. Wish she'd been there when gigantic pig was getting his bollocks (sorry couldn't think of polite word and they're huge) removed. I did what any untrained veterinary nurse would do..............I fainted.

Wasn't long after I left and got a job in a bank. They tend not to castrations.
                    Last edited by JackieClaire; May 22, 2022, 03:51 PM.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Up late watching The Black List...............just suited for me and Mr JC.............full off violence and murder and bombs

@satz123................why would a dead nun need a blue ribbon?

I did a year as an office junior in a Vets...............covered everything from answering the phone, making 8 thousand coffees a day and I once stood in for the animal nurse from time to time. Wish she'd been there when gigantic pig was getting his bollocks (sorry couldn't think of polite word and they're huge) removed. I did what any untrained veterinary nurse would do..............I fainted.

Wasn't long after I left and got a job in a bank. They tend not to castrations.
                      :hahaha:

@satz123................why would a dead nun need a blue ribbon?
                      Excusé Moi - they were BOWS
                      Just to jazz them up I suppose - they were a shitty brown colour :haha:

Comment

Flynn park molly, it's probably just beyond your back garden! Small outdoorsy place.
                        1st job, Paper round then Roches stores canteen/restaurant. Back in de day.

Night, cats out. X
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning ....never heard of Flynn Park....that's mad....

Just waking up in my lovely hotel....sadly back to work today tho :-(((((

Comment

Morning all - just waking up to my weekend
                            Kinda worn out - this Sat /Sun working was tough. The nursing home was hot, sticky & noisy.
                            The reception desk is right in the middle of it all. Dining room one side & sitting room the other :egad:

With an empty (ish) nest - our house is relatively quiet - so it's a shock to the system when I go in there.
                            I love it though - get to meet all kinds of characters now the visitors are back.

2 good tv drama series to watch
                            • The staircase - with Colin Firth ( not the Bridget Jones charactar we are used to )
                            • Tell Me Your Secrets - sounds shit but had me gripped to the end .... [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - plenty of violence, guns, stabbing .....

Comment

Morning,
                              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............have written down those programs. Once we've finished The Black List we'll give them a go.

I've got the dentist tomorrow and my anxiety has started. Luckily she knows about my phobia and has promised it'll be over before I know it............all I've got to do is remember to breath.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Little mini breaks are great, just the change of scene does us good. Glad you enjoyed Molly. Thanks for the recommendations Satz. Think Staircase is on Netflix? Watched Roadkill at weekend, not bad. Helen McCroary must have been ill filming it but you would never know it. Loved her in Peaky Blinders.

Good luck at the dentist JC. I had mine a few weeks ago, glad to have it over.

Lab/retriever locked up for full day for the first time in 2.5 years, himself away fishing and I’m at work. He had a busy weekend and I walked him for an hour this morning so hopefully the house will be in one piece when I get home!

Comment

Working...
                                X