Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May Army 2022

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    I couldn't agree more re. the 'covid ways' --- I know you work from home Mary and I'm sure maybe your company is set up well for it... but I cannot count the number of times I've tried to do stuff connected with moving house and the WFH people I've been dealing with... oh latherin HEART -- utter chaos and confusion... nobody knows what in the past the person at the next desk would have known -- it's an absolute shambles and my heart SINKS when people laud the advantages of it.... yeah I'm sure it's grand for child-minding etc.... but really?? Someone in Laya who couldn't see the details of my policy -- someone in Sky who 'will get back to you' cos he couldn't get the information I needed.. and never gets back... how many dropped calls because of bad connections... it really isn't good enough... can you sense I'm frustrated????!!!!
    Totally agree with that Molly. And the murmurs of kids in the background, knowing ive been on hold for 35 mins as some people are juggling childminding. I get that during covid, but apparently loads decided not to send their kids back to be minded after school. Few lads i work, trying to buy houses, say these couples are now in better positions to buy houses, pricing them put of the market! Well, can you blame them, its dog eat dog in the housing market right now.

Nothing we cant do/access from home, we invested a lot of effort at the start as we really wanted it to work long term.

Good luck cleaning Rustop, very satisfying!
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............you must be tearing your hair out, bless your heart. :hug:

Rothbury home of Pots & Paws was heaving full of people with dogs. Mikey must have been in heaven with all the butt sniffing and leash tangling...............awful lot of bikers too. The big buggers not bicycles.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
        Happy May!!!
        And to you Techie.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy May [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. How are you keeping these days? Hope you are doing ok, you too [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].

Working week over, it was a short one this week. Lol.

Just a quick check in as need to pack the car for going west in the morning.

Comment

Hola folks. I’m doing ok. Still dealing with cancer and my hope for a procedure that I wanted has evaporated. Stanford oncology can not get the quality MRI image due to my right hip replacement. So, it’s back to tough decision. Either 12 weeks of radiation or surgery. I’m still mostly on a plant based diet and swimming like a mad man. I want to do The Alcatraz Triathlon which many described as the most difficult. The difficult part is the swim. I WILL do it. Love you all and miss sharing here. I promise to be more active.
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
              Hola folks. I’m doing ok. Still dealing with cancer and my hope for a procedure that I wanted has evaporated. Stanford oncology can not get the quality MRI image due to my right hip replacement. So, it’s back to tough decision. Either 12 weeks of radiation or surgery. I’m still mostly on a plant based diet and swimming like a mad man. I want to do The Alcatraz Triathlon which many described as the most difficult. The difficult part is the swim. I WILL do it. Love you all and miss sharing here. I promise to be more active.
              I just googled the Alcatraz Triathlon, what a location!! You are nuts, but i think its brilliant your doing it and not letting the cancer beat you. I know it will do its thing, but im a big believer in the power of determination and positivity.
              So can you choose both, radiation first, then surgery?

How did your run go the other day [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]? Bet it was magic just getting out there, even if you took it handy,

Safe trip Rustop, weather supposed to be be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning,
                [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]
                Rothbury home of Pots & Paws was heaving full of people with dogs. Mikey must have been in heaven with all the butt sniffing and leash tangling...............awful lot of bikers too. The big buggers not bicycles.
                I just googled thst place too! Interesting sign in the window. Apparently we are not alco’s , but pirates :haha:

Comment

Morning all..keep fighting Techie....I think swimming is the best thing in the world...for everything..head and health xx

Just saying hello really...no news..couple of days work to do then off for most of May...then big finishing up date mid June...nervous but excited! Doing the party in Simon's on Sat as the weather looks good so saves me a shed load of work. Right...best get up and going!
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning on this special day

Echoing Molls [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...............keep fighting. You're very special to all of us.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].................its one of those shops for people that seem to have everything.

I'm up sharp as its the craft/coffee morning at the church so I'd better get a wriggle on.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everyone

As the others say keep fighting Techie. Up early and got down west in 3 hours. Spent the day cleaning and painting, doggies loved it. Staying in Airbnb down the road but it is literally sitting on the road on a very busy junction. Not great, have to keep them on lead and watch that none of them dart out the door.

Absolutely exhausted so going to hit the leaba, nite all.

Comment

I'll be down behind you Rusters...doing our party Sat and then off to Mayo...I've 2 weeks off so hopefully can just chill and explore a bit as well as painting and gardening...

How's everyone? Quiet indeed

Comment

All good. Doing all the same jobs here Gang coming for confirmation on Saturday so its all go. Ive friday off but still, a lot to do. Discovered a Grout pen today, it’s actually brilliant. Instant gratification, manky tiles are lovely in a few minutes.
                          Reading The Liar’s Daughter, by Claire Allan.. very good.

Comment

Morning all.
                            Off to work ..half day today then off till end May...AND THE SUNSHINE'S COMING!!!!
                            Let's be havin yiz all or this thread will die...sad but....

Comment

Morning,
                              Agree you you Molls, we're drifting away.

The Army isn't exclusive to anyone can post here. If you're a newbie we're not exclusive, we won't turn anyone away especially if you're a newbie or a not so newbie,
                              Between us we have been to that Hell of a newbie so don't be shy and we won't judge just hear what we went through to get to where we are today and hope we can help.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi folks. I feel extremely motivated today. I laughed by Mary’s comment that I’m nuts. Truth be told, anyone who takes on Alcatraz is a bit crazy. To many, it’s the Everest for triathlete’s. My oncologist gave me the green light so I should be well past the side effects of treatment and will not impact training. I’m so very grateful and blessed to have you all in my corner. So, with that I’m sending virtual hugs to you all. Blessings x
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X