Army August 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2022

Oh fab Satz. Give it a read and let us know if its worth buying?

The author was addicted to shopping. He missed the birth of one of his patients because he HAD to leave to buy a new release of a series of classical CDs

Comment

just ordered the book.. hungry ghosts. am up for anything.. just had an hour long + chat with my ex, dad of my girls.. for the first time to talk to him about all of my problems with addiction.. he of course knows a lot but not the gory details.. i laid it out on the line and told him i didn't want this any more to be an area of shame.. that i'm open for him to talk to me and the girls about everything.. i'm doing what i can and able to do and it woud be great if we could speak openly.. he knew about my codepency problems with my mom.. but didin't really know about my stuff.. so really good i feel! the more open i am and the less lying i do, the better.. i've been amazing at lying which has obviously hindered my course..´
      Last edited by lifechange; August 19, 2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Wonderful posts ladies. Came down to cottage with my daughter so only have my phone. Looks like we all have a lot in common.

I would have started in my late teens. Didn’t even like the taste of some drinks in the beginning. Good fun in my 20s, gave up when pregnant in my early 30’s. After a few years we both got in the habit of wine in the evening and drinking at home. He had and still does have an off switch . I didn’t and combine that with being left alone to do 99% of the parenting and him gone, things went downhill in my late 40’s early 50’s. Always at home, never in public. Now looking back do think hormones played a part. Did not have any major incident just got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Stopped and started so many times and eventually about 6 years ago it stuck. I did not even record the days as I was terrified of failing again.

Miserable morning. We did road trip with doggies. Sun has now come out so soaking it up.

Comment

Interesting Rusty! sometimes i'm not certain that counting the days is my best strategy... ODAT is what i'm going for now.. i guess though, once one has a great achievement, it's so nice to honor.. think i was way too soon patting myself on the back after 30 days!

Comment

Many feel differently about THE date...I found it a wee tool at the beginning...same quitting ciggies actually...enjoyed reading up and what was improving in my body by the day with cigarettes and by the week with alcohol...I definitely celebrated 30 days Elsie...it is an achievement...and the first 30 days can be as hard as the first 30 months!
            After a year or so I stopped counting really cos I knew I was 'safe' ;-)

MrsA....just a wee wave? Miss you xxxx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ive always been obsessed with date counting. This time I haven't really. At the very beginning I counted but that was more desperation really, my focus now is ODAAT really but tbh, I dont think about it much at all now. I check my sober app from time to time but its not really a thing which is nice. I am finding that easier as it seems more of a way of life rather than a "thing" if you get my meaning.

I dont think I ever had a major incident either Rustop. It was more the depression and self loathing that got me in the end. I am grateful really, I would hate to spend the rest of my life feeling embarrassed or guilty about an event. Thats not to say I haven't embarrassed myself in the past. I certainly have but fortunately, I dont have to see the people that witnessed it any more :haha:

Comment

Just a quicky, taken me nigh on hour to read through and now I've got to google the life out of black cohosh and why its banned.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]....................do a happy dance for your sober days.

Mr JC going down to York to pick up the 'dress' on Sunday.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                  Thats not to say I haven't embarrassed myself in the past. I certainly have but fortunately, I dont have to see the people that witnessed it any more :haha:
                  :haha: Me neither

MrS often teases why I'm not still in contact with such and such from years back. (He has bloody friends from primary school - so he's the opposite of me.)

Maybe that's the answer [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. I often wondered why once I left a job or finished a course for instance, I just moved on - probably for that reason. The friends I tended to hang out with were the drinkers and we got up to some devilment that its best not to be reminded :blush:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Mr JC going down to York to pick up the 'dress' on Sunday.
                    @JackieClaire
                    Does it need it's own room Jacks ?
                    It can't be mixing with riff-raff of skirts & sweaters :egad:

They can be very diva - ish. I've heard of 'the dress' demanding ALL SORTS.......
                    Last edited by satz123; August 20, 2022, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Morning all.
                      As you may gather it's Saturday - I'm OFF WORK !! And I have a nothing-to-do day !!inkele:
                      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] : kudos to you for posting - and sharing your struggles.

Thanks to all for sharing you stories. I'm sure they help others who feel their problems are unique to them. They're not.
                      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] : you are late with your homework :no:

Comment

Morning....Great night sleep...yup..I dropped my drinking buddies...mind you have seen some around and they are not aging well..if there is such a thing ;-)
                        No plan for the day which is definitely my sort of day!!!
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

My bro is the same Satz, buddies from every period in his life! AND he keeps up with them all. I am very different as if something doesn't fit easily into my life, it slips away and that does include family too. My brother sometimes questions if we were born of the same parents :haha:

Not a lot for me today either, just chores. I am knackered, no idea why so a day doing not very much is welcome.

good luck with the dress taxi service Mr JC!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            aging well..if there is such a thing ;-)
                            Ah I'm sure there is Molls !
                            Up to the time my mother got dementia she made sure she always looked nice. Not obsessively.
                            My sister thinks she's 30 & wears some dodgy stuff - think the 'youngone' clothes in Penneys & River Island ( imo gone downhill massively) - good luck to her.

Some women turn matroney once they hit 45 - it can be very challenging around that time to be bothered..
                            I refuse to do that & will continue like me Ma to dress well to suit myself.
                            Into old age i'll TRY to be a bit classy & do what I can with what I've been given :thumbsup:

Comment

I wear the same as I have always done. Shorts in summer, jeans in winter along with sweatshirts n hoodies. Boring but comfortable. Not sure if thats matronly or not. Oh and Ive stopped dying my hair and had it cut MUCH shorter. Since lockdown and not going to work I guess I have got even worse with my dress sense and rarely wear makeup. Loving the simple life though!

Comment

Morning,

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                @JackieClaire
                                Does it need it's own room Jacks ?
                                It can't be mixing with riff-raff of skirts & sweaters :egad:

They can be very diva - ish. I've heard of 'the dress' demanding ALL SORTS.......
                                Its not just for the 'dress'.................its also for the 4 bridesmaids to get ready. It'll keep them out of our way. There's also no room in any of the wardrobes as I couldn't be arsed to start tidying them.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X