Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2022

Morning,
    I'm a flat water girl with no ice..............it puzzles the barman more than him/her shaking up a posh cocktail. I've got a lovely friend (we went to infants school together) who always asked if its okay she gets another glass of wine...............I have to remind her I'm the alkie not her................she has a stop button.

@ifechange...................blah away. We might not know the answer but we listen. Look at what you just did. You went alcohol free. :sohappy:

I'm so excited about going to the hotel with Mikey. There's some lovely walks around Jesmond Dene place. Mr JC has to work so I'll see him first thing then in the evening...................the rest of the day will be spend reading, starting a new tapestry,crossword book and my knitting and watching daytime TV and someone else cooking.

And we're off here this aftie.............Home - Newcastle Mela
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just a quick check in. Been up and down but making an effort to get out and about. Sorry not to be posting but not got anything to contribute.
      Just off on a camping trip in an hour. I am a bit old for it, but the running lot have persuaded me to join them.
      Warm thought to you army lot

Comment

JC, the MELA event looks like fun! anything in particular you're interested in seeing/hearing? looks like a lot going on! we were at an absolutely packed Japanese cultural market today which was fun.. enjoy your time away! what's the theme of your tapestry?

Rusty, how nice to have the front of the cottage finished.. what colour did you paint?

so i had to ward off the drinking thoughts again today.. ughh.. tiring. it's Sunday, bf is leaving, daughter should have been going to her dad's (ended up she's staying another night) so last chance to drink.. one last time. i didn't buy it for a minute and actually thought, there's NO WAY i'm going back to the Army AGAIN saying i've decided to drink.. no way. that and playing it through to the end AND remembering how completely crushed and beat up and sick i felt the last time i drank did the trick.. now in jammies, ate dinner and setting up to watch a couple of episodes of Indian Matchmaking on Netflix.. i'm really enjoying it..

hi to everyone!!!
        Last edited by lifechange; August 28, 2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post

Do whatever it takes LC. A few people here have done it. Think it was Satz who brought antiabuse with her.
          Yes Rusters - in the early days if there was something I knew would be difficult - I took Antabuse and was terrified to even look at alcohol ...... it worked an absolute treat.
          There was just no will I / won't I ?

I remember at Christmastime my SIL had a dinner I happened to noticed her add almost feckin' half a bottle of Brandy to a dessert - I wouldn't touch it.
          Years later she was able to tell me how long I was alcohol-free because she saw me refuse that Brandy laden dessert :egad:
          She noticed more about my not drinking than she should have - very telling that :confusion:

Comment

Evening...up in Dublin with the young'uns...its Éabha's 5th birthday today so had a lovely little evening...I've Tilly for the next few days and the agenda is scary :congratulatory:
            'Granny we're going to the playground then swimming then Penneys then the paint shop then Uncle Simon...and what'll we do then Granny?':harhar:
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Nighty night Army.
              Went for long hike today & I'm fecked.
              Working the whole week from tomorrow to cover holidays :egad:

Comment

Morning Army!!

overcast and cool here, just like i like it!!

Molly, have a wonderful time with the little ones.. you sure do have a full day ahead of you! how old is Tilly again?
                Satz, have a good day/week at work! meant to ask where you're heading for holidays? Greece, right?

i'm off to work then have some errands to run.. possibly the gym, but maybe just relaxing at home afterwards..
                wishing everyone a good Monday..xx

Comment

Morning,
                  Today we up sticks and bugger off to a hotel for three nights. I'll try and check in from my kindle.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION].........we've been going to the Mela for years but sadly its got smaller each year. Did get a bracelet, ring and a pair of earrings for a less than £5 though and Mr JC got a huge ice cream

Oh the tapestry its only a small one but its anemones.

Ahh Molls, I used to be my Granny's shadow.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]....................will you get the weekend off or just have to power threw for the week then your normal weekend.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all. Its bank holiday here and a distinctly autumnal feel this morning. Lovely nonetheless.

Mela sounds interesting JC, shame all these things are depleting. Hopefully not permanently.

Enjoy your grands, working, or chilling everyone!

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Enjoy your hotel break JC and you the grands Molly. We had out bank holiday the beginning of the month Starty. Hope you enjoy yours. Still warm here but definitely an autumnal feel and it was not as bright this morning.

Hate having to do holiday cover Satz, week is soooo long.

Taking next week off as I am going to Scotland for the weekend. Meant to be climbing Ben Nevis.

Comment

Wow thats impressive Rustop. I tried it but didn't make it and went to the pub at the bottom instead :haha:

Comment

Just saying Hi, decided to pop back and see how things are going. Lovely to see the gang!

YKB

PS AF date in my signature still stands
                          Last edited by YouKayBee; August 29, 2022, 11:34 AM.
                          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Originally posted by YouKayBee View Post
                            Just saying Hi, decided to pop back and see how things are going. Lovely to see the gang!

YKB

PS AF date in my signature still stands
                            Well look who it is!!!! Great to see you and equally great to know you're still going strong...delighted! How's life? Everything okay in your neck of the woods?

Comment

Night all else...an exhausting but delightful day here with young Tilly...( not sure if I answered you Elsie but she's almost 5 ). Another busy day planned tomorrow and then home to peace and quiet!!!!
                              Off to bed I go and again...Great to see you UKB...don't be a stranger!! Xx

Comment

Wow, Ben Nevis Rustop!! Are there a few of you doing it?
                                Well done on all the painting too, very satisfying.
                                Training going v well. Housework unfortunately is not

LC, your absolutely brilliant for keeping the head yesterday. How disgusted would you have been. It really does pass, the thoughts, and the less attention you pay them, the weaker they become.

Interesting about your SIL and the boozy cake Satz. Takes one to know one..

Well Molly, sounds like you had your own marathon today :bouncy:
                                Hope your taking notes [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!!
                                Last edited by IamMary; August 29, 2022, 04:55 PM.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X