• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2022

Morning Army,

quick run by as i'm off to work..
    sounds like everyone is doing well!!
    Molly, i love 5! had dreams of my youngest last night.. she must have been 4.. such a bunny..
    Rusty, Ben Nevis looks gorgeous! i'm jealous of all the hiking you do..
    Mary, you should see my place!:egad:.. i'm sooo not into housework at the moment! great going on the training!

wishing everyone a nice Tuesday!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Well look who it is!!!! Great to see you and equally great to know you're still going strong...delighted! How's life? Everything okay in your neck of the woods?
      Well yes all ok here, had a sensitive day yesterday but sober and warm today.
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Morning all!
        Day 2 of my 5 day working week. Very busy yesterday so the day passed quickly.

NOT happy that I'm supposed to leave work & go home, tidy house & cook dinner - FFS - MrS then marches in to grub on the table.
        Thinks he is hard done by that he has to bring in the bins & walk the dog.
        YS conveniently goes for a long cycle in the afternoons and also arrives in when dinner is ready.

Something wrong with that scenario.
        Reminds me of back in the day when every evening I was facing the same thing ..... so I stopped & bought wine. :egad:

Comment

Morning all

Bloody hell Satz, think I would just grab myself a sandwich and put my feet up. If they want to eat, they can cook. Then I would read the riot act about keeping the place tidy.

Hi YKB! Nice to see you and delighted you are doing so well!

Comment

Good morning everyone

Good advice there Starty, think I might start taking it myself as the same carry on goes on in my house. Ok for the two days and I do super quick/easy dinners those days but working more than two it is a pain.Think nobody works but them. Maybe another reason I reached for the wine, resentment.

Was Ben Nevis very hard Starty? It is a few hundred metres higher than anything I have climbed so far so am a bit apprehensive. Oh well will give it a try, too late to pull out now.

Welcome YTB, don’t think I remember you from before. Waves to everyone else. Hope Brit enjoying the camping and JC the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
              Good morning everyone

Good advice there Starty, think I might start taking it myself as the same carry on goes on in my house. Ok for the two days and I do super quick/easy dinners those days but working more than two it is a pain.Think nobody works but them. Maybe another reason I reached for the wine, resentment.

Was Ben Nevis very hard Starty? It is a few hundred metres higher than anything I have climbed so far so am a bit apprehensive. Oh well will give it a try, too late to pull out now.

Welcome YTB, don’t think I remember you from before. Waves to everyone else. Hope Brit enjoying the camping and JC the hotel.
              Hi rustop59

I was around 2008 then closed and reopened my account was I UKB before, then YouKayBee because someone called me that on the forum (yookaybee even?). Jackie will remember I am sure.

I have resurrected a thread in the medication section started by me.

Brief summary of me;

Went to Drs 2003
              Tried everything for a few years
              Joined here 2007/8 ish
              Had some white knuckling/tried everything/rehabs
              Met up with a few members here one of whom has joined me in long-term sobriety (think they won't mind me saying so)
              Tried baclofen had a lot of arguments with baclofen folk
              Asked a meds expert Dr for TSM, the man from Del Monte he say "Yes"
              Huge turnaround overnight
              Few more arguments with baclofen folks (sometimes they said I was not alcoholic!!!!!!)
              Few years later decided to quit because that is what TSM did for me, just took it away.
              Insert more arguments

Did everything you are supposed to
              Ended up having whoomph moments, decided there was only 1 option left to make sure - AA
              Had a go it didn't harm me (had tried years ago never got on), felt better and ok at meetings so carried on when I fancy it.
              Pandemic = went online mostly stay online
              9 years AF and counting

That's my alchie story, oh and I used drugs but I could put them down in 2010 easy.

Btw I am not argumentative as such, but the things that were being said were well. Jackie will remember.
              Last edited by YouKayBee; August 30, 2022, 08:36 AM.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Ended up having whoomph moments, decided there was only 1 option left to make sure - AA
                Welcome back [MENTION=20846]YouKayBee[/MENTION]
                So TSM worked to control your drinking and then you went AF with AA as an add-on?

What are 'whoomph moments'?

Comment

Evening! You're proof positive that there's more than one way to get sober UK....whatever works for sure! The site is so calm these days it's a different place altogether.....far less people tho and very few new people coming on board. I welcome the peace but its a shame it doesn't seem to attract many struggling or newly sober folk.
                  ExHAUSTED tonight...forget how tiring minding kiddies is..but what's seldom is wonderful...loved every minute of it. Redesigned Jilly's garden too so a very productive few days.. the big first day at school tomorrow for Éabha and Tilly...and then home!
                  Night folks xxxx
                  Last edited by mollyka; August 30, 2022, 03:39 PM.
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    Welcome back [MENTION=20846]YouKayBee[/MENTION]
                    So TSM worked to control your drinking and then you went AF with AA as an add-on?

What are 'whoomph moments'?
                    TSM cut my alcohol intake by 50% overnight. I went AF after 18 months of TSM, just couldn't see the point or risk in drinking(what if the TSM reversed? Also if you don't drink you don't take the medication, so that's easier than a tablet each time you drink) AA was added at 6 years sobriety.

"I could just get drunk" started to hit me towards end of 2019 anywhere, anytime, sometimes no apparent reason, sometimes when annoyed or upset at something. Whoomph they just would hit me right in the chest.
                    Last edited by YouKayBee; August 31, 2022, 12:12 AM.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Good morning everyone

Thanks for filling us in YKB. Guess it is scary when they come out of the blue like that but well done on all your alcohol free years.

Beautiful morning here, just back from a walk in the woods with doggies and a friend. Need to play catch up with housework and get stuff ready for weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                        Good morning everyone

Thanks for filling us in YKB. Guess it is scary when they come out of the blue like that but well done on all your alcohol free years.

Beautiful morning here, just back from a walk in the woods with doggies and a friend. Need to play catch up with housework and get stuff ready for weekend.
                        Yes it's lovely here too so far gym, admin, breakfasts, meditation group, AA meeting. More admin soon (charity I help run), then see visitors away.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Evening...busy day here but finally home safe and sound.. in bed and very tired
                          .got a lovely welcome home from himself..lovely bbq all marinaded and ready to cook...very sweet ..I was quite touched..he had no car ( I had it in Dublin) and he walked down to village to get the meat etc...it's a fair wee walk...so yeah...lovely..goodnight now peeps and talk tomorrow xx
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ah molly, that's lovely :heartbeat:

Thanks for sharing YKB. Hope your stick around here too..

Bit of that dinner carry on goes on here too.. then I take out my 'lists'.. they are great when you want some peace and quiet.
                            All back in school now :dancegirl:
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning Army,

another quick fly by on my way to work.. it's been a busy one, but at least it's cooled off! everyone's complaining except me!

Molly, how sweet of your husband to do that.. he really wanted to please you..i can just imagine him walking to the village to pick up the ingredients..:love:

YKB, thanks so much for sharing your story.. i don't know anything about the Sinclair Method, but looked it up yesterday.. interesting! and that's what initially helped you remain af?

Satz, just 2 more days! or do you have the weekend as well? yeah, the dinner thing.. i don't really mind the cooking, but i want someone to come up with the ideas of WHAT to cook and then to do the shopping! that's kind of working here atm..

wishing you all a lovely day.. see you later on..

Comment

Working...
                              X