Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army 2022

Morning.
    Our little Alfie is driving his Mum around the twist as he couldn't go out.
    Jenny and Ads arrive about 12:30. They'll be zooming up to see Grandma who is much more settled in her new nursing home and dare I say rather cheery ...........then over to see Alfie.

Made a gigantic beef stew yesterday and they'll gobble that down in minutes then back to York to see the New Year in.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Very quick update Jenny and Ads aren't coming for dinner as he's got a stinker of a cold..............form a line if you want a beef stew with dumplings.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yum JC, save me some. We don't do dumplings really over the waters here, but big dollops of buttery mash.

Lovely run. Going to hoover and sort clothes now. 1st day I feel I have a bit of time to myself. No doubt there will be plenty of drama later..

The amount of people not drinking these days is interesting. I mean loads still do, but a lot more seem to be moving to the bright side. It's not quite the antisocial nature (snobbery maybe) that crept in when smoking became uncool, but there's a shift. It's ok not to be a drinker.
        That said, my son has stories every night from the restaurant he works in and it's usually middle aged women that are drunk on wine. I wonder how mortified he'd be of me now had I not stumbled on MWO 7years ago.
        Last edited by IamMary; December 31, 2022, 06:31 AM.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning everyone

Deepest sympathy on the death of your aunt JC. It never rains but it pours. Pity about the visitors but you can probably do without their cold.

Always said you were a wise young one Mary. Don’t think alcohol plays as much of a role with the younger generation but has been replaced with drugs. Daughter treated half a dozen dogs who had ingested cannabis the other night. Lord only knows what is going on. Glad to be out of it. Nothing planned for tonight. Might be chauffeuring, not sure yet.

Comment

Howryiz?!
            Never ate a dumpling
            Did you know the aunt Jackie?
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Wishing you all a VERY Happy New Year!
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                Happy New Year Techie and to all the army

Comment

Happy new year to all of you...and Techie...May it be a great year for everybody...spose life can't be perfect but for everyone who has a wee sadness or worry...let it be sorted out in 2023!! Xxx
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Wishing yizall the very best for the New Year ,take care ,stay safe ,sane (optional) and sober ,
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                      Wishing yizall the very best for the New Year ,take care ,stay safe ,sane (optional) and sober ,

sane (optional)?
                      I'm afraid for most on here in the Army that ship has sailed :haha:

HAPPY NEW YEAR Michael !! :heart:
                      Last edited by satz123; December 31, 2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                        Happy New Year Techie !!
                        Let's hope only good things come to us all !

Plan
                        I am going to get a jar & from tomorrow start putting everything positive that happens. Then open it in 6 months & again on 31st December 2023 to see what I have to be grateful for !!

Comment

Off to find a jar :llama:
                          Then work .....

Comment

Working...
                          X