Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2023!!! Jan Army thread

Good morning everyone

Welcome Battle. Can’t say I remember your old name. Fill us in on some details if you feel comfortable with it.

Congratulations [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], delighted to hear about your win. MIL is probably in denial.

Good luck with the new washing machine Mary. I absolutely hate my latest dryer, can’t wait to get rid of it.

Nothing much planned for today. Grocery shopping and more de decorating.

Comment

Morning folks and welcome back Inchy...Great to see you...when you've time give us an idea of how the last while has been to you and delighted you're here but hopefully life is okay?
      It's quiet here at the moment but the new year usually gets busier so should be more around...shout out to Elsie, Tabs, MrsA, and lots of others xxxx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning all, just had to search my old name to find out how long its been - seven years since I was posting regularly which means I have moved, changed my name, come out as trans, changed job, and finished undergrad, MA and am about to start a PhD since I was last here regularly haha.

Rustop I remember your name vaguely but this is going back a long time, I don't blame folks if they don't remember me, I was very chaotic back then haha

Molly life is actually really good for me right now in all but a few notable ways, I have an okay job with a great boss, I'm about to be a PhD student (starting in a little over a week), got a nice little flat, couple of really great friends, just never quite managed to get the hang of sobriety. Seeing you all talking about teenagers drinking, I was drinking regularly at 13, addicted by 15 so its been half my life at this point, and I am finally just tired of it. I finished my MA back in September and with nothing to occupy my mind made the remarkably ill-thought out decision to relapse on painkillers as well, so spent the last three months in a pretty rough spot between that and alcohol, got clean over the holidays, letting the dust settle on that delightful detox experience before dealing with another.

Starty I am so sorry you're having what sounds like a really rough go of it right now, seeing your avatar pop up was a great joy to me, sending much love

And hi to everyone else as well, those I remember (did I see Satz and JC in there somewhere?) and those I don't, good to be back
        They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
        AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Hey Inchy I remember you! Good to see you back. It sounds like you have done so much in the time you were last here. Well done! What is your Phd subject? I didnt realise you were a fellow painkiller addict. Its miserable coming off isnt it? Takes so long to feel OK again and the time in between is pretty torturous.

Molls, yes the MIL's middle name isnt tact!

Mary, cannot believe your machine has lasted 19 years! Is it still any good at all??

Enjoy the decorating rustop. We will have to start in the spring

Comment

Afternoon troopers, Mrs Doom and Gloom here..........finally got a date for Pa-in-Law's funeral...........11th January. Straight to the crematorium. It has a church so there will be a service before the cremation then back to SIL's for the food. PTL we've got Mikey (the dog) so I can use him to make an early get out to get back for him. And sadly my Aunt died on Christmas Eve. On the good side it brought me closer to one of my cousins.

[MENTION=24768]Battle_for_the_sun[/MENTION].................welcome back Inchy. Love your new name.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Starty - I work in film with a subspecialty in disability theory, my PhD actually uses that as a lens to examine conditions like OCD, Eating disorders and addiction through the lens of disability studies. I am really looking forward to starting, so much so I'm actually already data gathering, I love my work. The painkillers may actually have been a thing after I left last time, I had an injury and two surgeries, I'd been off them three years but then September rolled around, I found a stash in a drawer and boom, here we are. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, made for an interesting festive period that's for sure, slowly seeing progress in feeling like I can eat and sit still again, sleep is out the window though.

JC - knew I saw your name somewhere in the mix, sorry for your losses, sounds like you've had more than your fair share of late
              They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
              AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Welcome back Inchydonney
                I remember you very well - an artistic tortured soul as I remember :haha:
                SEVEN YEARS ???? Jesus ...!

Comment

that is a very diplomatic way of saying melodramatic as heck xD

I double checked, its actually closer to nine! I last posted circa 2014, can't believe how long I've been out, I'd ask how everyone's been but asking that about a decade seems a bit broad haha
                  They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
                  AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Originally posted by Battle_for_the_sun View Post
                    that is a very diplomatic way of saying melodramatic as heck xD

I double checked, its actually closer to nine! I last posted circa 2014, can't believe how long I've been out, I'd ask how everyone's been but asking that about a decade seems a bit broad haha
                    Well speaking personally I'm as boring as hell...same old same old! But when it's competition tween addiction and calm I'll pick calm any day!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      Well speaking personally I'm as boring as hell...same old same old! But when it's competition tween addiction and calm I'll pick calm any day!
                      Here here Ms Molls.
                      Inchy your homework for the weekend is to read every page for the past 9 years :haha:

We'll be asking questions later - be warned.
                      I'll put together a quiz tomorrow :thumbsup:

Comment

Morning,
                        Great to have you on board Battle!
                        Myself and Rustop missed you before, I jumped on in 2015 and Rustop shortly after that, so it's lovely to meet you.
                        Well done on getting sober recently, from what [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] tells us, the pills are no walk in the park. How are you doing this week? Hope your stuck into your homework!
                        Your PhD sounds fascinating :bravo:

Great you have a date now [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], you can say goodbye. So much change for your MIL, glad shes settling.

What's wrong with your dryer Rustop?
                        Washing machine is so cool!! The 19 year old was still going but on its last legs. Mind you, I've been saying that for years!

Any word from YS [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]?? Did he hook up with his sis?

Happy Nollaig na mBan to all! The decorations can finally come down.

Anyone following that lunatic Enoch Burke? Well this side of the water will be. Have a Google. Religious nut that was jailed as he refused to respect a court order, banning him from school. He was banned for not using the They/them pronouns for a student.
                        The Burke family are an interesting bunch!!

Work. Later...
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                          I beg to differ, definitely not boring, your living the dream these days, best adventure ever!!
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                            I beg to differ, definitely not boring, your living the dream these days, best adventure ever!!

Good morning everyone

I agree with Mary, you are living the dream Molly and if anyone is only reading it should be an inspiration to them. Yes your life has ups and downs but you deal with them sober and get on with living your best life.

Glad you like the new machine Mary. Our other dryers were all vented and this one isn’t. Dunno, just don’t find it user friendly.

Glad you got date for the funeral JC, lots of changes in your life this year. You too Starty.

How are you getting on with your homework Battle? Your PhD does indeed sound fascinating. How is work these days Satz?

Today is Nollaig na mBan, Women’s Christmas. We are meant to be putting our feet up after all the hard work. Chance would be a fine thing in this house. Still have a Christmas tree to take down.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

Anyone following that lunatic Enoch Burke? Well this side of the water will be. Have a Google. Religious nut that was jailed as he refused to respect a court order, banning him from school. He was banned for not using the They/them pronouns for a student.
                              The Burke family are an interesting bunch!!

Work. Later...
                              Absolutely crack pots the whole family. Think the sister was up in court not that long ago too.

Comment

Before I start working on homework finding out what everyone here has been up to I've been trying to piece together what I've been up to, its been wild thinking over the order of things in the last 8-9 years, don't think I can point to anything that's the same as when I was last here, maybe I'm more of a newbie than I thought haha.

Mary - it's really nice to meet you, you are probably better knowing me now than when I was younger haha. I do want to kind of clarify for the sake of accountability I'm not sober, I'm clean from drugs for a week now, it's getting easier physically and harder mentally now I'm back at work, I used a lot when I was bored and have actually not done my current job clean so its a new experience. I am planning on getting actually, properly sober literally the day after my birthday, because I know myself, and I know that if I try before then it's way too much temptation and it's probably just gonna end up screwing me over. So I'm back here and looking at doing meetings online and getting a support system in place for two weeks time.

re; the Burke family - as a trans person not reading comments and online news is self care haha, I heard about the they/them thing, I go by they/he if anybody is wondering (you can use one or the other or mix both), and if I look into it I'm just gonna be taking on a lot of negative energy directed at 'my people'. Needless to say though, screw that guy, and transphobia in general haha.

Molly - calm sounds good to me right now, I'm really happy for you, not boring at all, agree with rustop and Mary sounds like a great way to be
                                They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
                                AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Working...
                                X