Pesci-Vegetarian Life style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imatree;185963 wrote: Suze, that sounds wonderful. It's true, vegetarian eating can (and should!) be so simple, once one gets out of the mindset that a meal must revolve around a meat. I am all for canned beans myself! For a quick meal my daughter and I love to heat a can of black beans, pour them over crushed tortilla chips and top with cheddar cheese, salad on the side. SO satisfying. I also love to put half a can of garbanzo beans (aka chick peas) in my salad for lunch.
    When you find the best in fresh veggies (good grocery store, farmer's market or CSA), simply prepared veggies can open a whole new world for one's experience of food. And there are so many wonderful rices out there - my favorite is Forbidden Black Rice. Oooohh.
    Another great thing about giving up meat is how much cleaner your kitchen is. No worries about those icky bacterias lurking on the counter and cutting board, and the trash doesn't get so stinky.

And a reminder - it doesn't have to be all or nothing, when it comes to eating meat. I mean, if you're a meat eater you don't have to have it at every meal. If you prefer to be mostly veg why not have some meat once in awhile. Every time someone chooses to forego a piece of meat for a meal it makes a whole lot of difference, even if it's not every day or every meal.
    Try miixing some cooked Quiona with the black beans. Add some olive oil and ground bay leaves and fill a tortilla with it.

Comment

Accountable for Me;186076 wrote: I have to agree with you about the veggie hotdogs!!! They taste like crap - they don't blow up when cooked and they have the texture of Playdoh! Blech.
      Vegetarian...Indian word for lousy hunter. :H There are some evil creations that are just tasty and a good hot dog is one of them. Hmm... I remember tasting Playdoh as a kid and it was way better than a veggie dog. :upset:

Comment

Thinking... but not sure! help!

Hey everyone!

Well im only 17 and i became a pesci-vegetarian a while ago and im actually thinking about becoming a vegan but its quite hard because im going to the marines soon and im also going to be attending college and its quite hard to eat the way i do. I have a strict diet which is called the zone diet (not sure if you've heard of it) and that makes it even harder to eat that way. I've never been overweight and i've never had an eating disorder problem or anything but i've always eaten whatever my mom cooked or whatever i felt like eating and that's why i became a pesci-vegetarian. Now i have a good balanced vegetarian diet and i have a workout routine to keep me active and healthy. The reason why im a pesci-vegetarian and not a plain vegetarian is because my diet requires me to eat fish (but i dont eat meat or eggs). Now im thinking that it would be great to become a vegan but i think its sooo hard to give up cheese and milk and i hate taking vitamin pills! And if i become a vegan i would have to take them.. well i would really appreciate if you guys can help me out on what i should do. Do i wait a couple more years to become a vegan? Do i just stay as a pesci-vegetarian? Do i read a little more to see other options i may have?? help! and i greatly appreciate it!

Comment

tialexa, pesci-vegetarian - I thought you meant like "pesky" you know a nuisance or something! Had to read through to the end to get to the fish bit. Best of luck - sounds difficult.

Comment

mummy, lol and yeah it's kinda difficult.. but thanks for your comment which i have to say its kinda funny!

Comment

Working...
            X