Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried the master cleanse also known as the lemon diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i started last night will keep everyone posted with my symptoms etc. thanks for all the input Marbella
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Thanks Marbella. Maybe I didn't use enough salt. I gave up Friday as my hubby was in a junk food mode all weekend. So I will start it tomorrow. I don't mind the taste of salt at all ;-) I LOOOVE salty foods. I am also weirded out by my BP it is always on the low side?

Thanks again.

And Trixie let us know how it works for you!

Comment

right now I am really hungry but not feeling dizzy or spacey.
        the sugar in the maple syrup is like fuel gives me energy. gonna try and swim tonight I feel like I have enough energy

Comment

Trixie,

Both my wife and I did it last year. You definitely want to do it when you have some downtime if you plan to take it all the way. We did the master cleanse for about 10 days and then did the gall stone cleanse.

There was definite discomfort and challenge to go two weeks without any solid food, but it was amazing to discover that it really wasn't that hard.

We are planning to do a cleanse like this once a year. I came to love the drink and the saltwater flush was even OK. Felt great to clean out the system and accomplish that level of commitment and change.

Good luck!
          ?If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.? -Wayne Dyer

Comment

Thanks for your info Justin. And welcome!!

Comment

Hello all and welcome Justin.
              Today is going well I am keeping my normal routine of getting up and going to work etc.
              I do feel a little bit spaced out. My job requires a lot of concentration so this is a bit difficult.
              but it is in no way like a hangover.
              The maple and lime is really tasty I enjoy it a lot.
              I have switched from lemons to limes today for a change.
              The salt rinse was fine.

by the way, my plan to do the cleanse was not to lose weight. I am cleaning my system out.
              my desire for wine or beer is non existent. I am AF and it's no problem at all. to me this is good news.

Comment

Accountable for Me;199566 wrote: Thanks Marbella. Maybe I didn't use enough salt. I gave up Friday as my hubby was in a junk food mode all weekend. So I will start it tomorrow. I don't mind the taste of salt at all ;-) I LOOOVE salty foods. I am also weirded out by my BP it is always on the low side?

Thanks again.

And Trixie let us know how it works for you!
                accountable are you still holding in there with the cleanse? how long will you do it for?
                Like you, I was ok with the salty rinse.

Comment

Hey Trixie. I am on day one today. I couldn't do it on the weekend because my hus

Comment

Hey Trixie. I tried to start it on Friday and that was a bad idea. My hubby had this craving for garbage food all weekend long. So, I decided to start today. It is easier for me to start during the week.

It is only 9:30am so no real cravings for food or anything yet. But yes, as you had mentioned it is only to get all of the junk out of my body and not to lose weight. I am planning on doing this for 14 days.

Comment

Great! Accountable. I am shooting for 10 days, I think I can do this.

Comment

Great stuff!

I am going to join you (only lasted 3 days last time).

My first day will also be my first alcohol free day, 1st October.

Might as well purge the whole lot of poison out of my body at once!

I will aim for ten days, (but they say sometimes you have a desire to continue- your body knows when it is time to stop, and will let you know).

Good luck with it, please continue posting your progress!

Comment

Marbella I think this is a great way to go AF. you don't think of alcohol as much as you do food, but that goes away as well.
                          glad you are joining us

Comment

marbella;200019 wrote:

I will aim for ten days, (but they say sometimes you have a desire to continue- your body knows when it is time to stop, and will let you know).
                            I just reread my previous post and had to laugh as my body never 'tells me when to stop!'
                            :blush:

Comment

good morning everyone
                              I am feeling a lot better today, the salt water was nasty this morning for some reason.
                              my sense of smell is really acute right now. I have no interest in food or wine. I thought about wine last night and was slightly nauseous from the thought.

I think I will be able to to this for longer than I planned. all the stories I heard about the bathroom ordeals are not as bad for me as I was imagining. I am having very slight stomach cramps after taking the laxative tea but they are not bad, it just feels like things are stirring up inside, I think that is a good thing.

I am a little absent minded, but I think this is supposed to go away in the next couple of days. I have no cravings of any kind and I am sleeping well.
                              I was a bit worried that because I am not taking the supplements or vitamins and omega 3 which have helped me with moderation, that I would just start drinking and ruin the whole cleanse.
                              as a matter of fact, this is the longest I gone without a drink in about 8 years and I am not craving or dreaming of booze at all. as I write this, I feel like it's another person that was making such an effort to cut down.

Comment

wow- that is great news trixie. i have enjoyed reading this thread. maybe once i adjust to macrobiotics and no dairy i will try the cleanse. please continue to keep us posted. nothing can be better than CLEAN!

Comment

Working...
                                X