Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried the master cleanse also known as the lemon diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More2life, I think the headaches are part of the detox process for some people, I have had detox headaches a few times when I have abruptly stopped taking caffeine.

Trixie, that is wonderful you are not craving anything. I am really looking forward to beginning the cleanse- I went and bought my maple syrup today and have already made myself a lemonade drink although I won't be starting till the day after I finish work. (Monday I hope).

Hope my bathroom posts haven't put anyone of trying it, even if you do have to go desperately 5 or 6 times after taking the salt water, mine was in very quick succession. An hour after drinking it it is all over and you can carry on your day as normal.

Comment

Did youall do it buying a Master Cleanse kit? Or di dyou use your own recipes? If the latter where can I learn more?

Thanks Clean Gang

Comment

Hi Chrysa

You do not need to buy a kit but it is advised you follow the cleanse to the letter.

I wrote an article on it for a website, so will repeat it here-

The Lemonade Diet, or 'Master Cleanse' was written by Stanley Burroughs close to fifty years ago. The diet has been used for a multitude of health problems with great success and has the fantastic bonus of burning fat off at the rate of about 2lbs per day. It is recommended to follow The Master Cleanse for at least 10, and up to 40 days.

The lemonade diet can be used for the following reasons:

When one is sick.

When the digestive system needs to rest When the body needs to cleanse.

When one has become overweight.

The diet will eliminate poisons and toxins that have accumulated over the years, cleanse the blood and kidneys, while purifying the glands and cells in the body.

All unusable and diseased cells will be eliminated from the body, building a healthy blood stream and cells and the appearance of youth and elasticity will return.

Not bad for a diet, huh?

But let me warn you it is not the easiest diet to stick to.

It should be followed for a minimum of ten days, and in the case of serious disease up to forty days.

For the lemonade diet you will need the following ingredients daily.

60 oz to 120 oz water per day (or 10 oz per glass)

12 tablespoons Organic Grade B Maple Syrup (Or 2 tbsp. per glass)

12 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (Or 2 tbsp. per glass)

A little over half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or 1/10 tsp. per glass) or to taste.

A herbal tea laxative.

Two teaspoons of uniodized sea salt.

The day before starting the diet, drink the laxative tea before going going to bed. There is a very good chance you will wake up with stomach cramps during the night, and may have to run to the toilet. This is normal on The Master Cleanse.

The following morning mix the sea salt with a quart (or just under a litre) of spring water. Drink this back as quickly as possible, within half an hour is optimal. Many people say they cannot bear the taste- it makes them want to be sick- I have found that imagining it is very salty vegetable soup is a great help, mind over matter can work wonders.

Within usually an hour you will have a great need to go to the toilet,so make sure you are prepared and able to get to a bathroom. You will probably have to go three or four times within the hour.

This is a great natural colon cleanse and will wash the inside of your body thouroughly. Do NOT take an enema or colonic whilst doing the Master Cleanse. The saltwater bathing will cleanse the entire digestive tract.

After you have visited the bathroom about three times, you should be able to continue your daily business as normal.

For the rest of the day drink at least 6 and no more than 12 glasses of Lemonade, made with at least 2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice, 2 tablespoons of Maple Syrup and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Drink this throughout the day. The occasional glass of peppermint tea can be drank if desired.

Nothing else should be taken whilst on the diet.

A recap:

Before going to bed drink a herbal laxative

On wakening down a quart of spring water

For the rest of the day drink between 60 and 120 Oz. of the lemonade.

An occasional peppermint tea is permitted.

What results can you expect on the Lemonade Diet?

The lemonade diet is primarily a detox diet.

It seems if you use it solely for weight loss purposes you are less likely to succeed, as the detox symptoms can be fairly severe. However you can expect to lose around 2lbs a day on the diet.

The main worry people have is they will be hungry on the Lemonade diet. If you experience hunger the advice given by experts is "Drink more lemonade!" The unique mixture of ingrediets should quell any hunger pangs.

If you are interested in doing the Master Cleanse first and foremost make sure you know what to expect.

Peter Glickman has done the cleanse 13 times between 2003 and 2006 for periods ranging from 10 to 28 days. He is an absolute expert on the cleanse and has produced the first & only audio CD on the Master Cleanse, also known as The Lemonade Diet.

The CD covers just about everything, from the widespread nature of obesity, the body's method of handling toxins by creating fat cells to store them in, how to do the cleanse, and what pitfalls to avoid. This CD also contains three inspiring live testimonials and makes a great companion to 2The Master Cleanser", by Stanley Burroughs, or "Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days" by Peter Glickman.

The CD is available on Amazon.com.

End of article.

So as you can see, there is no need to buy a kit, everything can be bought in a supermarket. Here in Spain the maple Syrup is only available in the health shop, make sure it is Grade B.

I add more lemon to the drink, 2 tablespoons is not much, I think.

I don't know if you have visited the Master Cleanse forum, I posted a link further up this thread, it is http://therawfoodsite.com/forum/

There are others too if you Google it.

Comment

Thank you Marbella for doing my homework. I bought all my ingredients at the health food store. and the lemons are from the local organic market. The forum above is full of information it's great to read how every person has some symptoms that are similar and others so different.

I find that the afternoon especially around 1pm until about 3pm. It is hard to not think about lunch. It passes very quickly though. The lemonade tends to soothe those desires to grab a pizza or a burger.
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I have just been talked into continuing work after Monday.

Am very pissed off about this, as I find it difficult to work here not drink/ not snack out and all the rest. However, I think I will be brave and go for the AF/ Cleanse anyway.

Others are doing it while continuing with their normal routines, so I can do it too.

Comment

Thank you Marbella and "The Clean Gang" !

Great work Marbella, thank you. Question: Is it totally ineffective if you do it less than 10 days? Why is 10 days a magic number?

I like the idea of "doing something" like a cleanse rather than just "stop doing something", ie the drinking.

I did them before a few times in my 20's. I am old now & a little concerned about going full boat..however the worst would just be those 3 days - is that right??

Another Q: Does it always tend to lower blood pressure?

Comment

Hi again

I think to see any real lasting results 10 days is the minimum time. I did it for 3 days and lost around 6lbs but regained them a few days later.

I agree with the 'doing something' thing, much easier to take the mind of 'taking something away' if you are adding excellent health.

I think it totally cleanses and renews the blood. One would have to do a bit of research on the forum about the blood pressure but I think as it renews every cell in the body it could only be beneficial.

It seems days 3 and 4 are the worse for cravings, after that is is plain sailing for many. I do know if for example you are craving fast food, it is actually your body purging the fast food you have put in it over the years, so if on the cleanse we begin to crave booze we are actually getting rid off all the boozy cravings - if we can just get through the cravings:-)

I think the Master Cleanse is good at any age, people have reported vast improvements in not only health but also in skin tone and looks.

Comment

Hi - thanks for all the info, this is fascinating. A friend mentioned a diet to me the other day and I thought it sounded just crazy - water, pepper and syrup.....guess she was talking about this! But now I have a much better idea of what this is and I'm interested in giving it a try.
                  One question: any suggestion of the herbal tea? What brand do you use and where should I look for one?

Thanks-
                  Lisa

Comment

Hi Lisa

There is no mention of that anywhere- any laxative tea will do the trick. Health shop again, will surely have some decent brands.

However I guess if you wake up the first day without tummy cramps and feelings of wanting to run to the bathroom, you might be better taking a double dose the following night to loosen things up.

This apparently depends quite a bit on how much meat and dairy you have consumed- as that can compact the bowel somewhat.

Comment

thanks marbella- I stopped at the store on the way home and I found one called Smooth Move - guess that says it all.
                      I think I will start Sat morning just to be safe.

More2 - hope you feel better

Lisa

Comment

OMG!!! NOW I know where you all are!!! Thought the threads were a bit quiet! You're all on the loo!! :H

I wish you all well on your quest - watching with interest but..... um, not for me. Not just now. Don't think it would float my boat but sink it!

But, I don't want to add a neggy to all your good work; I am in awe of you all and hope you feel great afterwards (which I am sure you will!) :goodjob:

Love and loo roll to you all!
                        FMF xx
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I'm starting with a friend of mine this Friday. We'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping to go at least 3 days with it. I got the wrong thing - for some reason I picked up molassas instead of maple syrup. Do you think that would work or do I need the maple syrup?

Lisa

Comment

more2life;200498 wrote: Hello,

Just finished the SWF. I don't care what anyone says.....it tastes terrible. I could barely gag it down. I tried using warm water, and a straw but still had problems getting it down. However, I did manage it without puking. I barely got it all down before it was coming out the other end. Thank goodness I work from home.

It is 12:30 now and I'm about to enjoy a nice hot cup of lemonade. Still not hungry.

More2
                            I think that you might want to try drinking the lemonade at room temp, or cold. Heating it might change the chemistry.

Comment

trixie's report

Hello my fellow cleansers, I think I am over the hump.
                              I am not hungry or tired or shaky or spaced out anymore. I woke up at 630 this morning.
                              that is unheard of for me. Came to work all cheery.

Last night I had a small pain under my left rib cage, think that is the gall bladder. stomach was gurgling all night. woke up this morning feeling great, did the salt wash (I am using celtic sea salt) 2 teaspoons in a quart of distilled water. no gagging .

The laxative tea is mild, I don't get stomach cramps from it (yogi tea) it's called, it also tastes quite good.

I don't miss wine or food right now. last night I was at an artists meeting and everyone was munching on dinner I just watched, thinking how strange it is to not have hunger or cravings. Leaves the self with more energy to contemplate on life and ones surroundings.

lunch time seems to be the hardest for me I was really craving food, but today I feel fine.
                              my energy is better than normal. my mind is more positive than usual. feel more assertive but not in a cocky way.
                              It does help a lot to log on and share my experience with you wonderful folks

Peace and light:h

Comment

lisa3102;200806 wrote: I'm starting with a friend of mine this Friday. We'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping to go at least 3 days with it. I got the wrong thing - for some reason I picked up molassas instead of maple syrup. Do you think that would work or do I need the maple syrup?

Lisa
                                Hi lisa
                                in the book they say you could start with molasses if you are diabetic. I suggest you find the B grade maple syrup at the health food store. he really stresses the B grade maple syrup as it has more nutrients than grade A.good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X