Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried the master cleanse also known as the lemon diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now half way through my second day, I leapt on the scale this morning and had lost 2 kilos! That's over 4 lbs! I am about 10lbs over my desired wieght, so that has pleased me no end.

Salt water worked a treat this morning, I put too much in yesterday in my eagerness to do well.
    I have already visited the bathroom about 6 times today, and feeling quite clean already.

Yes, Yes, I know...too much information.

Comment

trixies report

good morning to everyone
      today is the last day for me. by lunch time my fast will be over. I actually don't feel too great today. I am a little disoriented. My body is not dealing well with the switch to juices. Had celery and spinach juice my tummy was a bit shocked. (became nauseous) Now I am drinking tea again.
      I lost about 7 lbs, mostly water. I really don't want to drink alcohol at all!
      my BF was drinking wine last night and eating a beef salad and it seemed really gross to me.
      I will try the broth for lunch and see how my body reacts to that.
      My skin looks a lot better, I am not bloated . before I started the master cleanse I had a lot of nasal mucus. I just noticed I don't any longer.
      I have also realized that dairy is really yucky stuff, so is coffee. I have no interest in caffeine or milk products.
      Marbella stick to it in 2 days you will feel great!
      Peace and light to all:h
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Thanks, I am determined to.

This is a bad time for me, normally when I arrive at work I start eating Pringles and stuff.

Within about an hour I normally would consider having a beer or two.

The drink thing is hardly bothering me, and to be quite honest I am not hungry as such.
        Just feel like eating something.

But won't give in!
        Will play a game or something to take my mind of it:-)

Comment

My update on the Master Cleanse. Well I went three days a week ago and broke out in a rash all around my chin and stuff. When I was a kid I couldn't have anything high in acidity or else it would worsen my eczema that I already had. I out grew this but doing the cleanse with the Lemon Juice brought back the allergy - so I had to stop.

Other than the rash, which cleared up within two days, I felt great energy wise!

Comment

If you go by what you read on numerous forums about the cleanse it seems that days 3 and 4 are when many people throw in the towel, due to such outbreaks. Skin problems, allergies, flu like symptoms are quite common at this stage because it is the toxins loosening in preperation to leave your body making you look and feel quite bad.

Here it is explained better- http://therawfoodsite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1626

I am only on day 2 (nearing the end now thank God) but if I get any outbreaks over the next day or two, (I have also been a lifelong eczema sufferer, although mild for the last 10 years) I will ride through it- as if I can come out the other end without cravings for alcohol or unhealthy foods it is worth it :wow:

Comment

in regards to the acidity of the lemons. I use both limes and lemons. the limes are a little less acidic. maybe that can help at the beginning of the fast. Like Marbella says when your body is detoxing you might experience rashes. or your skin might breakout, you also get sweats which I did the first and second day. some people may even experience a mild fever. just ride it out.
              Marbella you are so close to being over the worst part.

Comment

Hmmm never really thought that it could be what you guys said. I also got this rash though when drinking too much orange juice, beer, ciders etc... So dunno what to think.

I would really like to do it, and more than 3 days. Maybe I will try the lime? I quit smoking over a month ago so i would like to clean out the ol' system!

I also heard that your not suppose to take any prescrips or supps while doing this? I can't stop my prescrips unfortunately so I would have to do it while taking them anyway.

Comment

the master cleanse requires that you stop all medications and supplements while on the cleanse. I think that if you are unable to stop the medications, maybe there is some other way for you to clean your system. especially if you need to take food with your medicine.

Comment

trixietrack;203184 wrote: the master cleanse requires that you stop all medications and supplements while on the cleanse. I think that if you are unable to stop the medications, maybe there is some other way for you to clean your system. especially if you need to take food with your medicine.
                    Maybe go on a 30-day raw food diet?

Many people have been able to give up meds (and alcohol) after this.

I did try it and failed after about 20 days.(Don't know why, compared to this it seems a piece of piss). I was probably going through the detox thing and did not realise. :no:

Comment

That is a good idea! I will start the raw food diet on Tuesday. (Day after Thanksgiving here). I don't have to take food with my medication but also can't stop taking it either. Thanks for the suggestion!!! Oh, and I don't drink anymore... so this is just a cleanse for the sake of a cleanse.

Comment

Well Done Trixietrack and thanks for all your much appreciated advice. I have checked with my oncologist and he has said that I can continue taking my Tamoxifan and also do the Cleanse so I'm really exited but want to thank you for you concern and thoughts.

Marbella; well done so far, I like you am on DAY 3 today, I had a bad headache yesterday but apart from that I'm well. I have lost 2 kgs in two days which is great and even greater have no desire to drink wine at all. I don't find that the laxative tea that I bought works much, I have much more effect with the salt water drink. During the day when sat at my desk and I'm not being sociable I find it easy; but I do admit that it becomes difficult in the evening when I have to cook for my family; but it's only 10 days I keep telling myself.

Good Luck to all.

BS X
                        It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

trixies report

Hi Marbella, bluesky and accountable, I had a fruit smoothie this morning on the way to work.
                          my taste buds are so sensitive it was so amazing. My tummy liked it. looks like am almost ready to start on solid foods.
                          I am going to stick to fresh fruits and vegetables for the rest of the week. My brain is seriously craving protein, I might have to break down and eat steamed chicken or fish.
                          good luck with the fasting ladies, stick to it, you'll feel and look a lot better:h

Comment

bluesky
                            I noticed that smooth move laxative tea worked much better than the yogi tea.
                            it has 1,000 or so of senna which is the active ingredient. it seemed to me that the tea really started working after day 3, it's almost like your body begins to get used to the diet and starts to function better.

Comment

Trixietrack

You are doing fantastic and your fruit smoothie sounds even more fantastic, I'm soooooo jealous and congratulations once again on having successfully achieved the duration of your Master Cleanse. Thanks also for the advice on the tea, I've heard a lot about the Smooth Move Tea but not sure if I can get it here in Europe but I will try. You are so sweet still being interested in us beginners when you are way ahead of us, thanks for taking care of us. Let us know how your protein goes if you do fathom up an attempt at it. I'm off home to cook for the family now, I'll think of you and your success and that will keep me motivated. Waiting to hear Marbella's daily news but for the moment have a great evening all and speak tomorrow.

Accountable - Great news that you don't drink any more, well done! and the best of luck with the raw veggie diet next week.

BS X
                              It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Hi All-

Having a really hard time today due to a headache of migranic proportions:upset:

I dont know if it is due to the cleanse or a stress headache (my wonderful bosses haven't paid me for last month and my bank needs feeding) I have a feeling it is the latter, but in a way I am grateful, as I can't go to work with it, well why work anyway when you don't get paid, and I do not feel hungry at all. I am forcing the lemon drink down just to keep my nutrients up.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better, and as it will be day 4, the worse should have passed:H

Bluesky: I am so glad your doctor agreed , I like those types of doctors!

Trixie: Thanks so much for your updates, they really are helpful- how about adding a few raw almonds to your smoothies for protein? If the blender can take them- my blender manages, and it is only a cheap one. It makes the smoothies taste like they have biscuit mushed up in them. Yumm!!!

It was easy to write that, I have no hunger at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X