Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried the master cleanse also known as the lemon diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, hang in there. You had a shitty week and it sounds like a tough time financially. They should pay you what you are owed and when it is owed - end of story.

Everyone is very proud of what you have achieved and their is no failure here. Chin up girlfriend!

Comment

The tomatoes were nice though.xxx

Comment

marbella;204923 wrote: Marby has slipped.

She has had a horrific week with her 'bosses' and she finds it very difficult to cope with arse holes at the best of times. She is owed her last month's wages and every day she works she is owed more, and she has a slim chance of getting what is due.

She really should not have started the cleanse knowing this situation was likely to kick off- but she started it anyway as she had rather been looking forward to it.

Due to awful insults and rows Marby has decided to succumb to 3 tomatoes and 5 beers tonight.

She realizes this was not ideal, and is sorry.

However Marby stands by her original idealism- "The Cleanse should be done when you are under no other predictable stress!"

"Do not let idiots around you while undertaking the Cleanse!"

Marby will resume the cleanse shortly, although obviously starting from Day 1 again.

Marby wishes that everybody knows she is proud of what she achieved rather than ashamed of what she didn't.

Marb's Friend xxx

PS. marb is cool
        Marby you did wonderful next time you'll do better. maybe we can all do it again together for encouragement.:goodjob:
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

MyOwnWoman;204860 wrote: Ooooooooohhhh - you all have me more inspired than I've been in a long time!!
          I need to go on a diet to get rid of systemic candida - anyone know if this cleanse is good for candida?

I've done juice fasts a few years ago and loved them. Also was a raw-fooder for awhile, and loved the way I felt and looked. Now... I'm 75 pounds overweight, and though I'm feeling better overall from drinking considerably less than I had been, still am way too slugglish, got brain fog, bloated, icky. I miss that feeling of being clean from fasting and colon cleansing (I've had several colonics.)

I'm going to see a naturopath Monday to talk about the candida and I'll ask her if she thinks this cleanse will help.

I think even if it's not ideal for candida, it sounds like a great way to prepare for a candida diet, if it can help me go AF 100% (which I must be for a candida diet) and get me a jumpstart on weight loss and energy gain.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
          yes this would be a great thing for candida diet preparation. it gets rid of mucus in the system which is what causes allergies and yeast infections etc. I certainly stopped feeling bloated and pms while on the master cleanse. I still feel great and making a point of not having any dairy or processed starches, sugars and flours.
          good luck

Comment

Although I did not manage the 10 days. I was not really shocked

I had orginially thought when I began I would not be working, etc, etc, my plan did materialise but I decided to would begin it anyway- however--although I only did 5 days, I look healthier and am stilll around 7 lbs lighter, and I am managing to stick to a healthy diet- so I say go for it!

I will resume next week when things are more settled for me.

Just word of warning- because I did not complete the full 10days, I thought eating soon after would be OK. I only had salad and some boiled potatoes (a large plate) on the evening of the sixth day and made myself quite ill- in fact very ill.

So even if you do not manage the whole 10 days- a word of sound advice is to still follow the regime to come off the diet.

Comment

Hey all - I'm gearing up for the cleanse!
              Just got back from the naturopath - she gave me help to beat the candida (diet, flora, meds). I asked her what she thinks of the Master CLeanse - she said she doesn't believe in fasting.
              Well, I like and respect her, but I am sure this would be good for me. My plan is to start the cleanse next weekend. Do 10 days, then the strict candida diet with treatment for that. Or maybe I'll start tomorrow!

Do you all recommend starting on days that you can stay home?
              FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Yes. They say on the boards to start at the weekend, there is so much propogana for food hitting us from every direction as soon as we leave the house!

I would stay in for a few days or (go out as little as poss) and make sure you have lots of jobs to do indoors to occupy you.

When I resume next week that will also be my plan this time.

I have kept to the raw food diet since apart from a few boiled potatoes and a few beers.

Damn those beers.

Comment

(This might have been mentioned in this thread already, I don't remember...)

I found a great forum for people doing the MC...
                  http://www.therawfoodsite.com/forum/

Comment

MyOwnWoman;205869 wrote: Hey all - I'm gearing up for the cleanse!
                    Just got back from the naturopath - she gave me help to beat the candida (diet, flora, meds). I asked her what she thinks of the Master CLeanse - she said she doesn't believe in fasting.
                    Well, I like and respect her, but I am sure this would be good for me. My plan is to start the cleanse next weekend. Do 10 days, then the strict candida diet with treatment for that. Or maybe I'll start tomorrow!

Do you all recommend starting on days that you can stay home?
                    absolutely, and be near a bathroom after doing the salt rinse. you'll be surprised how many times you will find yourself visiting the loo. the first 3 days are awful so if you have time off or are off on the weekend, I suggest starting then.
                    good luck

Comment

myownwoman the site you suggested is great lots of info.

Comment

trixies report

It's been a week since I went off the fast. I am still eating small meals, but started eating cooked food, and started taking all my supplements again. I feel great. I noticed that I am not having my usual mood swings and doubtful thinking. Don't know if this is directly related to the fast.
                        I had some wine last night, it tasted good, wanted more but didn't continue. funny enough I got an instant hangover from just 2 glasses of wine.
                        now I know why some people can stop at just 2. I hope I can keep this up. being healthy is a good mood enhancer.

Comment

Hey trixie - that's inspiring!
                          Well, I came to work with my lemonade... and I think I'm going to have to take your advice. I'm sitting here at the computer trying to work and am WAY to spaced out - and I have to get my work done. Also there's an event I have to go to Saturday - it's a day-long meeting essentially, with a big lunch and wine after. I don't want to be running to the loo all day, nor do I want to explain the deal to others (whom I barely know).

I AM going to get on my candida diet and mostly raw. I've done all raw before and that in itself is very cleansing. After a month of the candida diet and meds I'll try the cleanse again.

Comment

MyOwnWoman;206355 wrote: Hey trixie - that's inspiring!
                            Well, I came to work with my lemonade... and I think I'm going to have to take your advice. I'm sitting here at the computer trying to work and am WAY to spaced out - and I have to get my work done. Also there's an event I have to go to Saturday - it's a day-long meeting essentially, with a big lunch and wine after. I don't want to be running to the loo all day, nor do I want to explain the deal to others (whom I barely know).

I AM going to get on my candida diet and mostly raw. I've done all raw before and that in itself is very cleansing. After a month of the candida diet and meds I'll try the cleanse again.
                            good plan myownwoman the cleanse will be easier because you will have removed a lot of toxins with the candida diet.

Comment

Thanks for saying that Trixie - I was wondering if it seemed kinda backwards, but you're making sense.
                              Now if someone can tell me how to survive without COFFEEEEEEEEEE
                              :egad:

Comment

Oh, for Pete's sake. First booze, then cigs, and now you guys are going to make me feel guilty about coffee!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!

No more, no more!!

Please.

:H
                                Cindi
                                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X