Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried the master cleanse also known as the lemon diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNIODIZED SALT - HELP

Hi all, just a quick check-in, thanks for all the great inspiration Trixie and Marbella and so nearly well done Marbella, you would have pulled it off if it hadn't been for all your stress - I hope you have sorted these bosses of yours out; oh well never mind at least the tomatoes were good but sorry to hear that the beer and potatoes weren't so good!!!

I'm now starting on Day 10 and feeling great although there have been a few rough days, I have not been losing weight as fast as Marbella but have now lost 4 kilos (maybe my medication) (not sure about measurements - but definitely feeling thinner all over). I have to admit that I cheated small time - two nights in a row as I was serving the family dinner - I couldn't resist a spoonful of cauliflower and cheese sauce Monday night and then a spoonful of potatoes with gravy Tuesday night - there I've admitted it - aghhhhh - it hasn?t put me off - but I'm wondering what "damage" this would have done to my "cleanse", can anyone help? Please and thanks.

I also have a problem with the salt, I'm really not sure if I am using the correct sea salt as I have yet to find a sea salt that has "uniodized" precisely written on the packet. Any Health Shop etc. I've asked tells me that all salt contains iodine. I started the cleanse from one day to the next so didn't have time to order it. I'm using sea salt granules which don't mention iodine on the label but the heath shop assistant said all salt contains iodine - what harm does the iodine do anyhow? Marbella you are in Europe - where did you get your salt?

I'm loving being on this cleanse (well most of the time??) but due to social functions will probably be weaning myself off in about a week. Any idea as to how long one has to wait before starting another cleanse - thanks for any info.

Good Luck to all of you who have just started - stick in there it really is worth it - listen to Trixies story - she was and still is doing fantastic.

The great thing about this is that you are not allowed a drink - yahhhhhhh - and you really don't crave one - a good enough reason to cleanse!

Good luck everybody and speak soon.

BS X
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

MyOwnWoman;206491 wrote: Thanks for saying that Trixie - I was wondering if it seemed kinda backwards, but you're making sense.
      Now if someone can tell me how to survive without COFFEEEEEEEEEE
      :egad:
      If you are really hooked on coffee it will be very painful headaches etc. but you'll be so hungry that your brain will be more focused on food. and the lemonade is like a pacifier. I swear every time I started feeling desperate for food,coffee,booze. I drank a glass of the lemonade and it really took away those desperate hunger pangs.
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

bluesky good for you. wow you didn't get a stomach ache when you ate the cheese and cauliflower?
        Sea salt from the healthfood store is fine as long as the ingredients say: sea salt.
        some table salts have added iodine and anti caking chemicals.
        sea salt naturally contains potassium, sodium and some iodine (traces) there may be other minerals depending on where it's from. the kind I used is called Celtic salt and it's French.

I was told to cleanse every six or four months depending on your lifestyle.
        I will try in four months. It really does help with training to control all sorts of cravings, not just alcohol.

Comment

MyOwnWoman;206491 wrote: Thanks for saying that Trixie - I was wondering if it seemed kinda backwards, but you're making sense.
          Now if someone can tell me how to survive without COFFEEEEEEEEEE
          :egad:
          If you are really hooked on coffee it will be very painful headaches etc. but you'll be so hungry that your brain will be more focused on food. and the lemonade is like a pacifier. I swear every time I started feeling desperate for food,coffee,booze. I drank a glass of the lemonade and it really took away those desperate hunger pangs.

Comment

db2fromala;206498 wrote: Oh, for Pete's sake. First booze, then cigs, and now you guys are going to make me feel guilty about coffee!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!

No more, no more!!

Please.

:H
            Cindi
            you forgot the food part :H

Comment

Salt and things

Thanks once again for all the great info. Trixie, it's much appreciated. Amazingly no, the spoonful of food gave me no problem - just guilt! - maybe it was because it was only 1 small tablespoonful? Day 11 for me today (apart from my 2 spoons) and feeling great - everyone says I'm mad - but it's unbelievable how one feels - (no desire to drink!!!!), no hunger, just enthusiasm and loads of energy and weight just dropping off. The difficult part for me is when I am cooking the family dinner in the evening (and the w/es), oh well, it can't all be smooth running, can it?

Thanks for the info. on the sea salt - your Celtic Sea Salt originates from France?. Dahhh, well of course I live in France and that's the one the Health Shop had the other day and he said no don't get it because it contains Iodine!!!!! Never mind, I'm off to buy it tonight!

How are your solids going Trixie and how is everyone else doing?

Have a great day all.

BS X

Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks once again for all the great info. Trixie, it's much appreciated. Amazingly no, the spoonful of food gave me no problem - just guilt! - maybe it was because it was only 1 small tablespoonful? Day 11 for me today (apart from my 2 spoons) and feeling great - everyone says I'm mad - but it's unbelievable how one feels - (no desire to drink!!!!), no hunger, just enthusiasm and loads of energy and weight just dropping off. The difficult part for me is when I am cooking the family dinner in the evening (and the w/es), oh well, it can't all be smooth running, can it?

Thanks for the info. on the sea salt - your Celtic Sea Salt originates from France…. Dahhh, well of course I live in France and that's the one the Health Shop had the other day and he said no don't get it because it contains Iodine!!!!! Never mind, I'm off to buy it tonight!

Have a great day all.

BS X

Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the info. on the sea salt - your Celtic Sea Salt originates from France…. Dahhh, well of course I live in France and that's the one the Health Shop had the other day and he said no don't get it because it contains Iodine!!!!! Never mind, I'm off to buy it tonight!

Have a great day all.

BS X

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X