First Kudzu experience-- holy shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L-glutamine. An amino acid that is supposed to greatly help with cravings. People open the capsules and put it under their toungue when they feel a craving. It doesn't do much for me, but I still take tons of it regularly (in powder form in water) because I also understand it to be helpful in adjusting the chemistry of an alcoholic's brain.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

p.s. the Kudzu is definitely working better for me. I'm not as obsessed as before, and, if you've read these posts, I pass out before I can drink half of my usual amount, but that is obviously not the best way to moderate, ha ha.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

beatle-I have noticed the same effects you are having with Kudzu. I drank last night after being on the kudzu for 4 days. I drank more than one (glass of wine) but less than a bottle. When I started drinking I felt like I could take it or leave it. Since it was Halloween I took it. I went to bed feeling nice. Not drunk and not strongly buzzed. But like you I slept like I was passed out! A little foggy this morning, but seem to be fine after my supps and coffee.

I think I love Kudzu! I may tattoo it's name on my body!

Olivia

Comment

I rcvd the CDs and kudzu three weeks ago. The first two weeks I was not consistant, last week was my birthday and wanted to celebrate. This week I decided to try harder. I've been listening to the cds and taking kudzu daily. I also fall asleep during the cds! I have them on repeat so I find myself waking up several hours later. Hopefully something is sinking in!

Last night I gave in to my craving and had few light beers (my beverage choice). On the 4th one, I suddenly felt very sick to my stomach and just wanted water. I think that was the kudzu.

Comment

Also the drinks that I had were over a 4 hour time period, which is unusual for me. I would normally consume that in half the time

Comment

I just went to the nutribriety website. This what they said about their hypnotic cds:

"It’s OK to fall asleep - your subconscious never sleeps and you still hear everything. Change doesn't happen like a bolt of lightening. Rather, you just begin noticing differences in the way you are feeling and acting. The changes will come from the inside almost without you realizing."

Thought I would share!

Jane

Comment

DB2, I am curious which RJ research you are referring to because from everything I have read RJ talks about Kudzu's anti-craving properties. Or do you mean Kudzu does not take away the reasons why we crave?

And I am a firm believer that even if we fall asleep during the CDs that something is getting in my little pea brain.....

Glad it is still working well for you Beatle.

Love the idea of the tattoo!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

It's great to hear your input, all of you.

I can happily report that I am semi-sober, having consumed two drinks very slowly between 4:30pm and 8:30pm. What is so great is that it has not been so hard. Yes, I had to put some willpower into it, but generally the anti-craving qualities of kudzu -- which I do feel, even if others do not -- together with the fear of another passing-out episode, have made this pretty natural.

Shelby (Olivia), I don't like the idea of tatoos, but if this continues, I might join you!

And Scorpio and Lushy, you've given me renewed hope on the CDs. I will not stop on those CDs. (And I do actually kind of enjoy falling asleep to them-- plus, they block out the snoring coming from the other side of the bed.)

thank you all!

p.s. Lushy, it's quite difficult for me to imagine you having a pea-brain.

Comment

i can imagine it quite easily!

Comment

Boy, left myself open for that one Duck.

Thank you for YOUR kind words Beatle.
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

How could the Queen of the Entire Universe have a pea brain?

Comment

update (kudzu)-- I think it is still working, at least seems to be very helpful, but not as "WOW" as at first. Maybe I should up the dose? (I'm at 3 capsules once a day, mid-morning).

And yes, bigger breasts... a negative for me, but I understand there may be members who look positively upon this side effect.

Lushy, maybe it has the same side effect on the brain-- but of course you don't need it.

Comment

What? I didn't know about the bigger breast side effect - yea!!

Comment

Oops - I mean breast(s).

Comment

I'm going to sleep now completely sober. It has not been that hard today. Yesterday also was a hair under AF (1 drink). I do attribute this to the kudzu. I have been using tons of supps, I listen to the cds religiously, I exercise and take a lot of l-glut too. But the kudzu seems to be what gave my willpower the extra kick. (Now the bulging boobs, that's another story...)

Comment

Working...
                                X