First Kudzu experience-- holy shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting for the bulging boobs... (sigh)

Congrats on being sober. I am 2 days AF, not even thinking of alcohol today!

Comment

great on you Scorpio. I still think about it, but it's not so hard to say no.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle nice that it's working for you so well. I am maninly going AF on will power.
        but I don't think it would have been this easy without the help of the supplements and L-glutamine and kudzu.

much luck to you

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

yeh, it is the will power in the end for those of us not on medications.

I'm just feeling the kudzu is helping in the willpower dept. L-glut never seemed to do much for me (yet I still take it).

The supps have always been a big boost in terms of feeling better overall. I will never stop them. And exercise is great too. I'm starting to get addicted there too. what next?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Being addicted to exercise is not a bad thing

I started the kudzu and cd's at the same time so I'm sure it's the combo - but I feel great. My desire to drink has significantly changed. Last night I went to the gym (which I find I'm doing every night), then went to library, checked out a book and read last night. Haven't done that in quite awhile! I didn't even think about booze! 3 days AF.

Tonight I'm having dinner with a friend. I may or may not have a glass of wine. I'll decide tonight. But I can tell already that it won't be the usual "oh I'll have another one and another one and.... "

I think I'm becoming addicted to the way I feel when I'm not drinking that it is helping not want to drink!

Comment

Kudzu update

It's still working well for me. yay! I changed my routine a little, by taking the kudzu later in the day. I think its effect is stronger if I take it closer to the time I normally drink. I've managed a few days AF, and most days VERY moderate. I still need a lot of willpower, especially for the total AF days, but it's getting easier. And I keep cutting down a bit, day by day, week by week.

Comment

Awesome beatle. Thanks for letting us know. I'm gonna have to use the kudzu more regularly. I'm AF most days, drink 2 nights (well, this past weekend I drank 3 and still feel like crap). I feel great about so many AF nights but those nights I do drink it's too much.

Anyway - congratulations!! keep going!
                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I've been having a lot of AF days - been drinking 2 sometimes 3x a week and moderating. EXCEPT last night. Don't know what happened. I didn't take any supps and haven't listened to the cds in a few days. Came home - drank 6 beers THEN opened a bottle of wine. When I woke up this morning I thought I had maybe a glass or two of wine, but found the empty bottle in the garbage. Was mad at myself all day. I even drunk txt'd a friend (ugh!) and tried calling the ex. I know it's the holidays - not looking forward to spending them alone.

I was doing so well and last night scared me. I took the supps today and am working on the willpower. Have no desire to drink tonight, but still mad at myself. Tomorrow will be challenging..

Comment

I was talking on the phone to a friend this morning, I'm getting ready to meet her for a hike (my big plans for Thanksgiving - woohoo!) and I told her that I drank a bottle of wine the other night (didn't mention the beer too). I've known her for years and have been thinking of telling her about my drinking. The reaction I got was incredible "WHAT? An entire bottle by yourself? Wow, I've had a glass alone a few times but NEVER a bottle". Talk about feeling stupid.

I'm glad I have my MWO community that understands and supports each other. Now I know I'm not telling anyone about my little secret. Sad, because I'm proud of how I've been changing but can't tell anyone..

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Hey Scorpio we're here for you. But you should post a new thread if you want immediate attention. I really want to give it if you need it, but I only check this now and then, and others don't even come in on this forum. Go to General and you will get lots more response.

Comment

Thanks Beatle
                        I just get really embarrassed after I post, dont really need help was just venting..

Comment

Hi, I have just bought some Kudzu and hope to find out if it really works. It's a shame those who said it works amazing and then stops working.... I hope I don't experience that although it seems people have differing experiences.

I don't have a drink problem, just a problem with running out of drink! LOL

No, but seriously, I do regularly give it up, but I FORGET very quickly just what a problem it is for me and start again. I really have this problem that I can only make two or three days without drink. The other week I tried carrying a stone (don't laugh at me) around in my pocket. This is like tying a knot in your hankerchief. And the stone was to remind me why I had quit drinking and again, it worked perfect for several days and I kept the stone, and then on the third day I am overwhelmed and powerless and the stone meant nothing any more

OK, well , I'll let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.

Comment

Hi Balls. I'm interested! Thanks for reviving this thread. I did the whole MWO program about 2 years ago and then fell back into my old habits (and then some!). I'm back here reading again, and was thinking about giving Kudzu another try. I don't remember what my experience with it was like. I was also on Topamax at the same time though, so hard to tell which effect was from what supplement! Actually the effect that Beatle was having with Kudzu is pretty much what I felt from Topamax - decreased my desire to drink, and when I did drink, I felt the effects on MUCH less alcohol. One drink would take the place of 3.

I too have a hard time with doing more than 2-3 days AF at a time. I had 2 last week, and so far 2 this week (looking to see how many I can string together!). Let us know how you get on, and maybe some others will post their experiences with Kudzu as well.
                            Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                            ~Clutch

Comment

Damn, I lost my whole reply as it timed out as I wrote the whole thing.

Comment

Hi Balls,

That happened to me several times yesterday, too. You can prevent it by: 1) Make sure you are logged in. This is what happened to me yesterday. I thought I was logged in but I wasn't. 2) As you are typing your reply, if you're on a computer and not a phone, press Control C to copy so that if you time out, you can still paste it using Control V.

Comment

Working...
                                X