Miracle food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle food!

I'm scoping out some food sites... found this one. Seems to have only 3 quinoa recipes??
    QUINOA RECIPES | BEST QUINOA RECIPES

But they look good...
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Miracle food!

marybel;226216 wrote: Hi,
      I have just found this website and quinoa, I make a batch of it ahead of time and then in the morning I take 1/2 cup quinoa, a chopped banana and 1tbsp of peanut butter and heat it up. Then I add some cinnamon. It is a strange combo but it is good and it "sticks" with you until lunch.
      Good Morning (GMT time) Quinoa Queens! And special thanks to MOW for this vital thread and to Marybel for pointing me towards peanut butter.

I was a bit desperate in the kitchen this am, but I did have some cooked Quinoa,fresh pineapple, some crunchy organic unsweetened peanut butter and pumpkin seeds, threw it all together as is my style (!)ate it cold with lots of soya milk and I am a transformed woman! Gone from feeling fragile and tired to approaching energetic!
      So it's Quinoa and MWO for breakfast from now on as the combo packs a great punch!

Got the running shoes on so am going to rundance to music in my living roominkele:

:h Anna:h
      IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
      Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Miracle food!

Thanks for these tips. I bought 2 1 kg bags of the organic variety, and now have half a bag soaking in water, hopefully it will sprout- none of you mention eating it raw, but I guess if it is a superfood cooked it must be a supersuperfood when eaten sprouted?

I have also noticed (I am a long term veggie) that when I eat sprouted lentils (Organic- the others don't sprout so well, some don't sprout at all and you nearly break your teeth) my cravings for alcohol are reduced quite noticeably. I am hoping Quinoa sprouted will go one step further and make them disappear altogether Oh what joy.

Comment

Miracle food!

You've got me curious marbella, about the sprouts. I have a book all about sprouting - I'll try to find it later and see what it says of quinoa. It is a seed afterall, I'm sure it will be great!
          I had quinoa last night with black beans, salsa and a little cheddar - we usually do this with brown rice. It was much lighter than with brown rice, but good.

I'm liking the banana and peanut butter tips... will try this morning as I am out of spinach (OMG).

Comment

Miracle food!

After just a few hours mine is soft enough to eat- no sprouts yet, but I can certainly eat it this evening as is. I will mix it with salad leaves and veggies I guess, something completely raw and see what happens!

Then I'll have some more for breakfast. I am now willing to try anything to stop me wanting to drink.

Comment

Miracle food!

marbella, you seem to have a lot of good tips for vegetarians. Maybe you should start a separate thread for that?

I am also a LONG-time vegetarian, but I am for ethical reasons, so, although I try, I have never been so good on the nutritional side.

Funny, I saw a documentary about slaughterhouses, and stopped eating meat that day, and have never even had a craving for it since-- wish it were so easy with alcohol!. I ate fowl for a while after quitting red meat, but one incidental visit to a chicken farm was enough to stop me from eating that too. No cravings there either. What is wrong with me? It's not ok to destroy other animals but it's ok to destroy yourself?

ok, this is way off the thread. But I DO love quinoa. Easy, yummy and super-healthy. Wish there were more foods like that.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Miracle food!

I will be making the curried quinoa for dinner tonight. Curry is so healthy for you as well. I am anxious to try the breakfast quinoa with peanut butter and banana. Sounds interesting. I am off to the store to buy some other grains I have never tried by themselves such as amaranth and buckwheat.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Miracle food!

YUM. I am going to try quinoa for breakfast with banana and prunes (now that'll get ya going in more ways than one):H
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Miracle food!

OMG Amelia I have the prunes already soaking since lunchtime for tomorrow-great minds-and bowels?
                    IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                    Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Miracle food!

hey - anyone want to try putting a scoop of All-One in their breakfast quinoa and let the rest of us know how it was? (I can't bring myself to do it)

Comment

Miracle food!

Umm, no MOW not me. That sounds awful.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Miracle food!

beatle;229327 wrote: marbella, you seem to have a lot of good tips for vegetarians. Maybe you should start a separate thread for that?

I am also a LONG-time vegetarian, but I am for ethical reasons, so, although I try, I have never been so good on the nutritional side.

Funny, I saw a documentary about slaughterhouses, and stopped eating meat that day, and have never even had a craving for it since-- wish it were so easy with alcohol!. I ate fowl for a while after quitting red meat, but one incidental visit to a chicken farm was enough to stop me from eating that too. No cravings there either. What is wrong with me? It's not ok to destroy other animals but it's ok to destroy yourself?

ok, this is way off the thread. But I DO love quinoa. Easy, yummy and super-healthy. Wish there were more foods like that.
                          Hi Beatle

My reasons too are ethical. like you I carried on eateing chicken for a few years after dropping the red meat-Ii think I read an article and stopped that too- can't remember why, but as you say I have never craved meat, ever.

I began a raw food diet 3 years ago, I lasted for about 6 months, I was not entirely raw, as I was still drinking beer and eating the odd cooked food, but by mistake, I believed it to be raw. (Not the beer, just the food

However, strangely enough, although I looked better than I had for years and felt better, (ideal weight, shiny hair, smoother skin) I believe this was also around the time my drinking began to get really out of control. But looking back my diet was then almost entirely carb based, (albeit mainly good carbs, apart from the beer) which would tie in with a forum thread on another site which I mentioned reading in another thread, see the link- Alcoholism seen as a Nutritional Disease at Addicition: Alcohol ... Alternative Alcohol Addiction

I do feel raw food is the right way to go, hence my ideal weight and improved looks but I also think due to the alcohol issue getting good plant based protein is crucial.

Tomorow i have prepared plenty of tomatoes, cucumbers, some greens and some sweeter fruit- I will be making smoothies and adding the raw quinoa to the blender. If what I have been reading is correct, such a mix, should be filling, certainly nutritional with plenty of protein and amino acids thrown in from the quinoa.

I will be very interested to see if drinking at least three of those throughout the day will reduce the witching hour cravings.

I too, like you have wondered why I treat my own self so badly when I wouldn't dream of doing it to another living being. I would never ever give any of my lovely animals something i thought might be bad for them.

But myself? Oh yes, daily.

:upset:

Comment

Miracle food!

crazy, isn't it? But I think I'm on the right track now. I eat WAY better than I did in my worst times (when I ate almost nothing-- got all my calories from booze). Another funny thing-- I fed my family wonderfully... and didn't eat a thing. And I was skinny then, but now I am kind of normal and SO SO happy about it. Everyone says how much better I look. My hair shines, my skin is nice... oh well, you know.

Oh, and QUINOA is great!
                            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Miracle food!

I did 100% raw foods for a good while several years ago, and never felt better, before or since. And I had been a vegetarian for years, for mostly ethical and also health reasons. Along the lines of pondering why we won't have part in the mistreatment of animals, I also have long wondered why I would run from white flour - or even for a time anything cooked - like the plague but drink beer and wine as if my life depended on it. It's just crazy!!

Marbella - let us know how that smoothie is with the sprouted quinoa, k?

Comment

Miracle food!

Yowie...I'm gonna try Anna's peanut butter thing with The Queen Seed (didn't the Aztecs called it The Mother Seed??)....

I've been having it for breakfast with chopped banana, chopped dates, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, shelled hemp seeds and soya milk....heavenly! Blob of soya yog on the top too!

Has anyone seen red quinoa recently? It used to be available all the time in our local indie health shop but no-one has been able to get it for a while....it was even better than the white sort, imo. :h

It is good in smoothies.....makes them nice and thick.......yum.

Suze x
                                Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X