Aspartame.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspartame.

Don't know why, but taurine is also heavily supplemented in the "Seven Weeks" supplement regime. I think it is calming and also helps the brain chemistry adjust.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Aspartame.

Also--

In "Seven Weeks to Sobriety", there is an extensive amino acid regime, together with all kinds of vitamins and minerals. It also places much emphasis on nutrition. While the detox phase (first 2 weeks AF) is heavily dependent on the aminos and other supps (to help withdrawal and restore brain chemistry), much of the recovery phase focuses on nutrition (and to a lesser degree on supplements).

As we all know, one-side approaches don't seem to work. It's the combination, as with the MWO approcah, that gives most success.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Aspartame.

Deter,

I switched from regular cokes to diet cokes about 5-6 years ago when my husband was diagnosed with diabetes. I have not lost any weight by switching from regular cokes to diet. Now I don't like regular cokes either so now I am drinking soda water with fruit juice in it or green tea with stevia. I think I feel better already,(One day) though it might be too soon to tell really.

I haven't heard of the agave though, but will give it a try.

Comment

Aspartame.

I believe anything artificial is not a good thing. But like others have said, one vice at a time. I believe alcohol abuse is much more damaging than diet coke a this point.

Since I quit almost a year ago, my coffee intake has been slowly increasing. errrr.... I went from 2 nice, strong cups of coffee in the morning to two more in the aft and sometimes another one in the evening.

No wonder I am edgy lately. But it does beat drinking.

Comment

Aspartame.

beatle;236321 wrote: Don't know why, but taurine is also heavily supplemented in the "Seven Weeks" supplement regime. I think it is calming and also helps the brain chemistry adjust.
            Beatle,

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I switched from taking the Gaba and the Lglut in the afternoon to L-glut and taking MWO's "True Calm" in the afternoon which has Gaba and Taurine in it, so I am getting taurine too. 200 MG a day.

I still take the regular Gaba in the morning with the L-glut.

Comment

Aspartame.

It's great if you want to increase bipolar hypomania (or mania if you are so inclined) - other than that it's really really bad for you - really

Well that's what all my Docs say anyway....

So I stay away, unless really wanna coke - sometimes just need the rubbish in my life.

I think of it as a little treat - in the hot Oz summers it's sometimes better to reach for the Coke Zero than the six pack - like Beatle says, one vice at a time.....

Cashy
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Aspartame.

Rosalind, in "Seven Weeks" you are supposed to take 1,500mg Taurine 3xday in the first 2 detox weeks and 750mg 3xday in the next 5 weeks... and presumably beyond. I think it helps with shaking and tremors, but you are well beyond that stage now.

Comment

Aspartame.

Beatle,

I've got that book saved in my cart at Amazon along with others for future ordering. (still waiting for a check) (self employed, hard to say when "pay day" is exactly.)

Comment

Aspartame.

oh yeh, I hear you loud and clear. My parents keep sending me these books since they "found out" about my "problem". Pretty funny, since I am over 40 (and not in the poorhouse, have a family, job, etc.). They believe it is a physical/chemistry thing that can be solved with supps/aminos, etc. I think they are about 80% right. But everyone does have issues. Dealing with that comes after you fix up the chemistry part.... But that's a damn hard 20%.

Comment

Aspartame.

Beatle,

Well , I could just put em on my credit cards. Oh wait, they're maxed out. When I got them I was just going to use them for "emergencies". Unfortunately, running out of whiskey was always an "emergency" to me.

I agree with you that taking care of the chemical part first is better because that way one can think cleary enough and stay sober long enough to take care of the rest.

Plus I think people can get too wrapped up in a bunch of pychological mumbo jumbo. Sometimes it is better to just get over things and get on with your life instead of going over and over and over issues.

Comment

Aspartame.

I agree with you there. I owe big thanks to my mum for seeing that. The rest of my family thinks I need a "serious" psychological overhaul. A bit strange, when they all have more messed-up lives than I do. Anyway, I'll do that when my body is ready... and not the 12-step way (which is what they are all shoving down my throat).

Comment

Aspartame.

Beatle,

AA is all some people know. I told my family I was going to smart instead and they were fine with that. ( I am doing both MWO and Smart)

I think my family likes Smart because it is abstinence only. It is easy for them to say I should quit forever. I am actually enjoying AF, it is just I am not sure that I would never ever ever want to try moderation again.

I would like to moderate if I could make it work (Or perhaps just be an occasional drinker), but now is not the time to try that....But never? I just don't know. Forever is a long time.

I know we can take it one day at a time, but my family is in forever mode for me I think. (again easy for them to say for me)

How would your family feel about Smart Recovery? Have you looked into Smart Recovery. It might keep them from shoving AA down your throat anyways?

Comment

Aspartame.

Where did that come from? Sometimes I surprize myself. Actually I am leaning more toward just giving the stuff up for good than this last post of mine would indicate.

Guess I do need to deal with the other thought bouncing around my head too?

Back to the subject of the Aspartame, I have been cutting way back on the Aspartame and feel much, much better so I do think it is helping with the absing. This is my 3rd time doing a 30 or more abs (trying for a 100 days AF this time)( 30 days Af today) and am surprised that I never even thought about cutting back on the Aspartame before. I think this is helping quite a bit.

I have done a 30 Af before, 7 weeks AF before, and on day 30AF of this one. Trying for 100 days AF this time around.

Comment

Aspartame.

Since this thread was started, I stopped my daily 1/2 litre of "Sprite Lite" . I don't notice any difference in anything actually, but I guess it's a good habit to stop. I drink fresh pressed juice instead (which I did also before, just a bit more now).

As for AF for life or not, I don't think anyone should decide that in early days. Better to just keep shorter term goals and keep re-asessing.

Comment

Aspartame.

beatle;238622 wrote:

As for AF for life or not, I don't think anyone should decide that in early days. Better to just keep shorter term goals and keep re-asessing.
                                I agree, but if I go to my family in 100 days, (70 days from now) and say I want to try and moderate again, I don't know how they would react. Oh well, will have to cross that bridge when I come to it I guess. Right now I don't even know if I want to try mods again anyways. I feel good AF right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X