Aspartame.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspartame.

I think that's the best way to go about it. One day at a time is not such a dumb idea.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Aspartame.

[QUOTE=beatle;238622]Since this thread was started, I stopped my daily 1/2 litre of "Sprite Lite" . I don't notice any difference in anything actually, but I guess it's a good habit to stop. I drink fresh pressed juice instead (which I did also before, just a bit more now).

QUOTE]

1/2 a liter wasn't that bad, I think I was drinking about 2 liters of Diet Coke a day when I was absing....no wonder I was not feeling well....DUH. (Maybe it wasn't PAWS that was making me feel ill, maybe it was Aspartmame poisoning!)

Comment

Aspartame.

2 litres sounds like a lot. I sometimes had 2 half litres (often mixed with vodka in the old days). Well, I have a friend who does not drink alcohol but she drinks about 6 half-litres of diet pepsi a day. I should probably warn her. (She has diabetes)
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Aspartame.

beatle;238699 wrote: 2 litres sounds like a lot. I sometimes had 2 half litres (often mixed with vodka in the old days). Well, I have a friend who does not drink alcohol but she drinks about 6 half-litres of diet pepsi a day. I should probably warn her. (She has diabetes)
          Well, you could ask her to quit the Aspartame or cut down for 2 weeks and how she feels at the end of two weeks? If she feels better after 2 weeks she might want to keep it up.

An occasional diet coke or diet ice cream is probably Ok once in a while.

Comment

Aspartame.

yeh, good idea. She won't like it, but she respects me so maybe she will try. I love her dearly so anything I can do to help her is a plus. (I sometimes think about how hard it is for her with her diabetes, and compare it in my head to my problem with alcohol. Does anyone else do this?)

Comment

Aspartame.

My husband has diabetes and I have been dropping hints about how good I feel without so much Aspartame, I notice that he has been slowing down a bit with the diet coke. It is a little more difficult for a diabetic to cut down on the Aspartame then the rest of us so I don't push him too much on the issue.

Comment

Aspartame.

beatle;238747 wrote: (I sometimes think about how hard it is for her with her diabetes, and compare it in my head to my problem with alcohol. Does anyone else do this?)
                Sometimes I think how come he ( my husband) gets to have an occassional candy bar (type 2) but I don't get to have an occassional drink?:H

Comment

Aspartame.

I too drink Diet Coke one 44 oz in the am and one in the pm. I think one addiction at a time or cut back, some coke addicts get really bad headaches when they stop drinking caffeine. They take tylenol or ecedrin to get through which has caffeine in it also.

Comment

Aspartame.

After my brother gave me an hour long lecture about Aspartame I quit drinking soda altogether. I'll have one soda maybe every couple of months and noticed I don't have indigestion/heartburn nearly as much as I used to which is so nice. I do have my 2 cups of coffee in the morning, no way am I giving up coffee lol and I drink at least a gallon of water a day.

Comment

Aspartame.

Has any one read the book your bodys cries for water .....in it they explain how aspartme is very bad and drinking optimum amounts of pure fresh water witha pinch of se salt can cure a myriad of diseases. Some people even gave up drinking AL with just water
                      Also cofee/tea and ginseng dry out your body so try to avoid those - the more water you drink the better it will be for your body to heal and cleanse.

Also I used to do deep breathing called oxycise where you increase oxugen intake so the cells can work better at eliminating waste products in the system
                      shaila
                      ~ I am better than this devil AL ~:new:

Comment

Aspartame.

artificial things in general are bad as a rule of thumb, but I've heard almost no bad things about tea. I'ts cancer fighting properties alone are quite amazing (green, white and even black tea without sugar or milk).

Rosalind, congrads on cutting back on the aspartame...I think you are on the right track.
                        7 weeks is a great book with a lot of great ideas for nutrition. I'd definitely check it out.

I've noticed for myself when I eat plenty of lean protein and get most if not all of my carbs from veggies and fruit, my cravings are quite low. If I get low on protein I start to crave carbs...then I start to crave AL. very clear relationship for me.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X