no drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no drugs

Well...I am another one here, 8 months AF without the drugs. I do highly recoment the supps, as well as meditation and exercise! I will also add that gathering a small group, that are as comitted as you are to living as a non-drinker is also very helpful!! I thank my little group, Livingfree, Thankful, MM, Wonderworld, and Believe, many others joined us along the way and it was, and still is amazing!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

no drugs

I also do the supps/cd's and no topa. I couldn't be more pleased with the results, I'm practically bouncing off the walls most days!
      If you go to the Nutritech website (for the AllOne) & call they will send you whatever samples you want, plus hook you up to their email newletter with huge discounts. Their samples are big, about a 1/3 of a can, so well worth the call!
      My husband is an every day, sometimes all day drinker, so it is always in my face. But the program is working very well for me and I wish you much happiness & success as well!
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

no drugs

River.....thank you for the info on Nutritech!! I am going to check it out!

So good on you stopping with a drinking husband!!! Three Cheers!!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

no drugs

hi back,im not taking anything , and yes if you come here for a while on a regular basis it can heip.ive ritten quite a few threads about,meds,i think,most doctors havent got a clue,i lerned tht this winter,if you take meds with AL,your a walkiing time bomb,they actully use valuum to bring pople down from withdrawl,idid not no tht till i went away,i was very sick,and im better now from the knowledge i lerned,but most of all i had to lern to lve with myself and it was hard till i got here,people here most of the time just xcept you because they no your in pain, want elp and will always take you back,no matter what your in the rt spot just keep cominn ad sharin and most of all listen gycp

Comment

no drugs

hi Back

I just wanted to mention that on other threads, there have been discussions linking the use of SSRI antidepressants and increased drinking.
            If at all possible, I would try not to take them.

Lila

Comment

no drugs

Lila,
              I am on SSRI and I did not know that. I have been AF for 29 days and still going strong but I will talk to my dr about that for sure-thanks. kriger
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

no drugs

I only take the supps but have done the program both ways....I feel just as good this time as last time without the topa....
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

no drugs

As Lila says, the SSRIs make many (but not all--kriger!) drink more. And also, getting away from alcohol will make you depressed for the first few days, but after a short time, most people feel their depression lift. So keep it up.

And slowing down your drinking first, before quitting, is fine. In fact, if you can do it, it is recommended by most experts now that heavy drinkers taper down instead of cold turkey. Sadly, most (myself included) are not able to do this in an uncontrolled environment.

My husband also drinks, but he has no problem with it. He will have one beer some nights, and that's just enough. He even leaves beer over in the bottle and dumps it down the sink! But it is easier for me since I told him about my problem (I used to drink secretly). He is more sensitive and never offers me a drink anymore.

MOST IMPORTANT: Supplements! They WILL make it easier, they WILL make you feel better, they WILL help your body heal.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

no drugs

Welcome

Hi!

I don't use topamax - only supps and have success. I use all the suggested (except all in one, I use a Multivitamin instead).

L-Glut and B-50 complex made a HUGE difference when I added them.

Good luck, and feel free to ask many, many questions! (I may be away for a few days, but back soon!)

- Figi

Comment

no drugs

I'm so sorry it has taken so long to respond to you, I am having problems getting the hang of find how to get back to where I want to be on this web site. No one will ever call me a computer geek. I have decided to put the topamax on hold for the time being. I am very pleased with the progress I have made. I have not had more than 1 drink since commiting to do this and I don't seem to have much of a taste for the drink of my choice for the past few years. However I had dinner with a friend on monday and we both orderd a glass of wine for dinner, it was amazing how good it tasted. I mean i tasted it not just drank it. The only vitamin I have not included in my bevy of vitamins is the B50 complex, do you really feel that has made a difference?

Comment

no drugs

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts, but I found B-50 helped.

I was taking Kudzu and L-Glut for 2 weeks, and it helped slow my drinking (I went from 2-3 per hour (wine) to one per hour and able to wait out the hour).

On that MOnday I took Magnesium and B-50, and had NO cravings that night and have been AF since that day. THe book said niacin deficiency (a B vitiamin) could cause cravings (I think it said that?)....so maybe it was the B complex helping....or maybe I finally got a grip myself and stopped. But I am not going to let the B-50 go.

I got it in my supermarket (A and P) but "Nature Made" - maybe $7 for a bottle?

-Figi

Comment

no drugs

Yes, definitely get B-50 and take much larger doses than recommended (double, triple). (It goes right through you if you don't need it-- also, it is relatively inexpensive.) Alcoholics are lacking most in the B vites. You need them more than any others. Yes, Niacin deficiency causes alcohol cravings. Magnesium is very important too. Both Bs and magnesium are relaxing supplements, good to take at night (though you should take them both morning and night).
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

no drugs

hi back sometimes people need a little help,but there are a lot of people tht are trying without anything,the support here is unlike anywhere else ive been ,alchohol is a depressent,thts why your doctor offered them,but they can be very addictive to some ,if you were a heavy drinker most will try valuum for withdrawl and then ween you off,then its all up to you you have my support gyco

Comment

Working...
                            X