yogini 108 day AF challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with it Ginger. Have to laugh - at me, not you - as when I said it worked, it really subsided and it does reoccur at times. And I've just had a CT scan to check there isn't anything more sinister there. So, really just a theory and I hope you do find a solution. Happs x

Comment

Hi,

Loved that article, MHP. I find myself crying in shavasanah from time to time.

I get dizzy spells that are like vertigo, but they go away. I think they're related to my allergies and sinuses. I also was on high blood pressure medication when I quit drinking and my blood pressure is now normal without it. There was a little wooshing until I figured that one out. Weird how being sober makes me so much more in contact with my own body.

I'm not getting to yoga very much right now, but I am a teacher and look forward to a lot more practice this summer.

Pav

Comment

I keep thinking this head thing is related to not drinking as it came along about a week into this current "dry" spell. This is 16 days AF for me. Longest time I've tried to abstain in a long time. Doing some Yoga this morning but taking it easy on anything "neck" related. Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day. Warming up around here. Love that!

Comment

Funny Ginger, it's getting cooler here and I'm loving that!

Poses I'm using right about now

5 Simple And Best Yoga Poses To Fight With Nausea | Find Home Remedy

Comment

Hi MHP,
            Great tips. When I am stressed, I often put my feet up against the wall or do bound angle pose. Didn't know they help with nausea.

Hope everyone is getting some yoga in sometime over the weekend.

Here's to an AF weekend!
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Heading to do my Yoga practice right now. I'm looking forward to my first AF Memorial Day in longer than I can remember. Hope all of you have a great weekend too!

Comment

Hi all, quick update. I had some friends stop by, unexpected, with wine to celebrate my "retirement" (not consulting for a least six months) and chose to have some wine with them. It was a conscious decision on my part, not a "slip." So, I am back to working toward 108 consecutive AF days. I am going to be on a road trip all summer--walking meditations, backpacking, yoga, reading, and writing --and will have limited internet access. Will post when I can from the road. Hope folks continue to share yoga tips and efforts to find joyful AF lives.
                Free at Last

Comment

I am starting my journey to freedom and would love to join in if that is OK?

I spend my days wishing I wasn't so hungover so that I could do yoga and ride my horses :O

Comment

Hi Tiredbear,
                    Would love to have you join us. I am working toward my goal of 108 consecutive AF days and trying to practice yoga every day. Unfortunately, I don't get to check in with MWO very often (as we are on a summer long road/backpacking trip). You might also look at the Newbie's Nest as that thread is quite active and very helpful for people in the early days of AF living.

My best advice is to stay with this. Your body wants to be healthy and is asking you for this.
                    Free at Last

Comment

Hi all,
                      Working toward my goal of 108 consecutive AF days. Today is day 75 and feeling very good. Just completed 216 miles of a 500 mile backpacking trip. Every day I grow stronger in my desire for an AF life.
                      Free at Last

Comment

That is wonderful to hear, Free. I think of you so often and hope all is well. I'll be near you next week (but comfortable in a normal bed ). xx, NS

Comment

Thanks, NS. Completed 250 miles and 80 AF days. Life is good.
                          Free at Last

Comment

Update from the trail. Completed 350 miles of backpacking and 90 consecutive, joyful AF days. Very much on a long, walking mediation. Am feeling mighty blessed.
                            Free at Last

Comment

Happy to report that I reached 108 consecutive AF days. Still going forward, one day at a time.
                              Free at Last

Comment

So glad for you that you reached your goal, Free.
                                Are you settling back into city life?

Comment

Working...
                                X