Fasting pre and post chemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhappyplace View Post
    I love seeing you all here. It's that simple, just clears my head. Mental health is becoming a priority otherwise it's impacting on me physically. If that makes sense?

In no particular order coz I'm a bit scatty this morning, NS husband is being super clever and between juggling digging stuff etc has started on the kitchen? Very clever eh? Well it would be if cooking was a priority but he has bought a very sparkly large range type oven that I adore so he is on the right path! Ginge, you absolutely have the exchange of energy over our nieces, all bits crossed for good results. Nicey and Froglette. :heartbeat:

So, off to chemo shortly. The bonus of having the week off is that last week they got a vein straight away. Because my surgery was on my left breast all bloodwork - which is every week prior to chemo to check white count etc - and chemo itself is in my right arm. Bloodwork on the inside elbow, chemo in the hand or wrist. It makes it impossible to smack the dog when I get home after she's ripped the washing off the line. Or that's my excuse anyway!

Better hit the shower. Thank you all so much. I've been thinking a lot of Dark Diamond lately and Nursie too. What NS said about taking our good health for granted is so true. Make the most of each day x
    ((( hugs))) to you Happs -

Comment

Thanks, Satz! I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
        Thanks, Satz! I'll check it out.
        Happs will KEEEEELLLL us for messing on her thread :egad:
        ( but she may like the tea too ):congratulatory:

Comment

Nahhhh She loves us

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
            Nahhhh She loves us
            You got that right :heartbeat: so much throbbage...haha...

Celebrating, my niece is all clear on the biopsy! she had a similar reaction to me to the surgical dressing though, bad blisters and rash but all good apart from being very sore. Such a relief. I'm hoping for good results for your niece to Ginge. x

Re the tea Ginger, I'm sticking to very plain at the moment, previously loved the Tulsi - like Satz - also chai tea which lots of my friends make and I was buying a fresh sticky chai from Prana Chai in Melbourne. But my one true love is back and that's a Madura English Breakfast. I love the brand as well as the flavour. Hoping that my taste for chai and other flavoured teas comes back soon though.

I feel really good, just had a green smoothie!!! and I think I'll stick with fasting for my remaining chemo's, it seems to make my brain function better after although I did have quite a large snooze too.

I'm packing. Going to that workshop I was rabbiting on about ages ago. Can't wait. Check in on Monday.

Comment

Enjoy the workshop, Happy. It's great you're feeling well enough to go! I went to a yoga class where we focussed on lymph areas - felt great but now I feel like I've been run over! It must release toxins. I guess I'm glad to get them out! xx - NS

Comment

Better out than in NS! which I'm saying a lot these days but hey, I'm getting old :happy2::congratulatory:

Comment

MHP, Have a wonderful time. I'm so glad you are feeling up to it and the chemo wasn't too bad this time.

Such awesome news about your niece. Word's still out on mine. I hope she hears something soon. My friend finally got the retina thing squared away. She's lost some vision but not too bad she's saying. She will start radiation Monday.

I'll check out the tea. Everytime I try an herbal tea it tastes like dirt. Not really what I want in my cuppa. I got two Tulsi teas today. A Jasmine and a Holy Basil. I'll report back.

My sisters and I are off on an adventure and will be back Tuesday. I'll be thinking about you. I'll post pics on Facebook.
                  Last edited by Ginger999; October 17, 2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Happy travels both of you :sohappy:

Comment

Hey everyone. Had an awesome weekend. I feel so lucky to be in the position I am. To be learning the things I am learning and moving in the direction I can see ahead. The weekend opened my eyes to what I really want to do now. I'm being careful today not to clutter my head up with stuff, just giving some space to digest and implement a few things. I truly feel like I'm on the home stretch with chemo now and that I'm ready for radiotherapy. Will check back in later.

Thinking of you all. Thoughts out to you Nursie x

Comment

Reading today's update did me a world of good dear MHP - so very wonderful to be reading this, my heart is smiling :victorious::love:
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I think I want to know what you know, Happy ! It must have been the perfect retreat for you at just the right time. It will be fun to hear sometime about the direction you think you'll be heading. In the meantime, enjoy that peaceful place you seem to be! What a great bedtime post this was. Thank you! xx- NS

Comment

So happy to wake up to this wonderful post, MHP.

Comment

Thought I'd update and let you know what's going on. The course gave me ideas and will be further study. I've got my research project sorted and for once it's not me! have a friend who is my guinea pig and who will be for some time. What I did learn was that there needs to be more education for teachers and students on what makes a yoga class safe for people going through cancer treatment. Similar to how you would do a pre or post natal class. So, there it is, where I thought I'd head but just a clearer path. I've been busy putting preliminary info together and it has been so much fun. Yeah, I know...weird huh?

Cannot believe I've only got three treatments to go. Party day Thursday will never be the same! :happy2:

I'm going to spy around the boards and see what you're all up to, feel like I've been away for ages, hope everyone is well x

Comment

Three!! That's is wonderful. This Yoga for cancer patients is inspiring. I'm going to have to poke around and see if there is any talk of this in the states. If not, maybe it's time. The cancer rates in my area are off the charts high.

My niece is still waiting for results from her doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X