No announcement yet.

Fasting pre and post chemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard from my friend that was recently diagnosed with BC. She had the lumpectomy last Thursday and heard today that everything was clear. She is waiting for a call from the cancer center about an apt now. She is so relieved. Those new mamo machines are catching things while they are still so small and so treatable.

Wouldn't it be great to all meet up some place?

Comment

So glad about your friend Ginger- something to celebrate!
      I wonder where we would meet - Hawaii??? (wishful thinking!!)
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Woot-hoo!! Ginger, so happy about your friend. It's the next step to getting through this trip, isn't it?

I'd love to meet up sometime...I've been looking...dreaming..about some yoga courses in the U.S.A...but I'd settle for Hawaii - hey, who wouldn't??

Raining a bit here today, but good rain, gardening rain. Not blow your roof off rain...

Comment

I've never been to Hawaii. I'm in

Comment

Was trying to think of somewhere between AUS and USA and landed on Hawaii - love it - but if you come over for yoga, love to see you then!!
            Raining all day - 5 inches in some areas, about 1 1/2 here, but still raining - about another inch. windy last night, but just had branches down that I am aware of. Snow level down to 5,000 feet - so some pretty view when rain stops!

Comment

Weather is crazy in WA over on the coast. A couple of houses toppled into the ocean. Rainy and windy!

Comment

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend, rain, hail, sleet or shine xx

Comment

Hi - running around today (Saturday) - managed a walk in the fog, needed to move! Stepped into a mall, saw the line to check out and left - girls will have to do without! Girls got haircuts....sitting down now and am pooped!!
                  Hope everyone else is good? xxx

Comment

SL, that sounds exhausting! no wonder you're pooped. I went to a mantra/meditation session early, early this morning so I reckon I'm due for a little nana nap shortly! Just been catching up on the computer after some time off.

Have to sort out the middle sons broken finger this week too...geez...

Comment

MHP, so sorry to hear about your son's hand. As I mentioned on FB, it seemed like one of my sons had a broken hand every time I turned around. Boys!

I've had my 4 year old granddaughter since Friday at 11a and then had my two grandsons (3 and 5) too for an overnight. On top of that I'm dog sitting two neighbor dogs for the weekend. I'm exhausted.... I'm too OLD for these shenanigans! LOL

I'm ready to head south.

Comment

Ginger, I laughed when I saw your post. And it sounds like you've been busy! I doubt, knowing you, that you're truly exhausted, you always have so much energy and get out amongst it.

Well. Couldn't sleep last night. The mepitel film had peeled back over the weekend and because I had to wait for ages before going into radiation, I told them just zap me and I'll get it redressed tomorrow. I think it was a mistake, I have a burn under my arm and boob...any it made it uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep so sat up watching tv. The scenes from Sydney just made me weep...

Was off to a yoga session today but instead have been slotted in to see the hand surgeon with middle son. After that its just relax before late night rads. Only 7 to go. I'm going to fill up these days with good things, pleasant people and crowd out all the bad.

Hope you all had good weekends and the weather isn't still wild. x

Comment

Wow, 7 isn't many, Happy. That's great! I'm sorry you're dealing with this burn here at the end, though. And all night TV must be classified as cruel and unusual punishment!! We seem to have hundreds of channels with little to watch... I typically go into nerd mode and watch lectures and documentaries on youtube when I need to passively fill some time.

So does your son need a cast? If so, that might take some fun out of his school holiday, especially if he likes to swim. I hope he heals quickly!

Our weather isn't exiting - just grey, chilly/cold, foggy, misty, really pretty yucky. I did take my dog to her favorite pond this afternoon, though, because it has been above freezing for a few days so I knew the ice would be gone. She loved fetching and I loved watching her and vicariously feeling her joy. My goal this Christmas season, which is going to be somewhat hectic and otherwise stressful, is to be as much like her as I can - totally in the moment without much concern for the future or regrets about the past; always ready to have fun and just as ready to take a nap.

xx, NS

Comment

Really wet again today - so much rain in such a short time.
                            MHP - was thinking of you when the news reports started - not good at all....
                            Hope the hand fixing goes well and easy. Sorry for your burns - I hate it when I try to take a short cut and it ends up taking more time...
                            So glad it is just 7 more - so looking forward to your early Christmas gift! Keep going with teh positive thoughts - and hopefully a wee bit of yoga too...

Comment

Ugh.... The burn sounds awful. Wish that you'd have gotten through these last 7 without having to go through that. Damn! Hope you get to enjoy some Yoga soon. We should all take a lesson from our dog(s). The world would be such a better place!

Snow expected here tonight but I'll be surprised if it happens. Doesn't feel like snow to me

Comment

I'm all for taking a lesson from our dogs! mine's lying on her back at the moment letting the air from the air con drift over her belly and twitching as she's chasing imaginary rabbits. Cool!

The burn isn't too bad just a really dark mark and radiating heat. All ok.

NS - I saw this and thought you'd be interested? http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/286945.php
                                Seems I shall not be a high fat eater again? I've been thinking of you a lot. Just about the whole allowing yourself not to be a "fixer" all of the time. Which we all do, lets face it. But sometimes it might not be what is best for you x

We are on our way into the hospital shortly for hand surgery on the middle son. Plate to be inserted, lucky him! and then a splint. So, not a cast.
                                I hear the kerching of the hospital till as we walk through the doors!

Comment

Working...
                                X