Fasting pre and post chemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God that seems like a brutal series of drugs. I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this. You know you are amazing the way you are fighting through this. Hope each day gets better for you and that new year comes quickly for you!

Comment

MHP, I think whether you are up and about or just feeling like shit, that outsiders, people are well-intentioned.....they feel for you when the going gets tough and are happy when you are able to feel good - well, that's how I feel.......just do what feels right for you every day - you are your number one!
      That is some schedule you have ahead - glad you feel a little better - sunny days work wonders!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

myhappyplace;1665352 wrote: I'll be finished in time for a fantastic New Year.Man, you have to take the long view just like we do to quit drinking, don't you? I at least always want things to be over and done with. The old ODAT mantra (which I tend to fight ) really can be a useful tool.

After the first round I remember lying on the bed thinking, I cannot do this another 15 times.
        That must be really daunting. I guess OTAT (one treatment at a time).

I saw a woman the other day with a red hat on, she'd obviously been through chemo. I wondered why when you do see someone up and about after treatment, there is an almost an approving hum from around, like good on you for just functioning and looking normal. It almost feels like pressure. And that in itself is a Catch 22. Feeling like shit and wanting acknowledgement of that and also wanting to be treated like every is ok.
        Have you read Bright-Sided: How Positive Thinking Is Undermining America: Barbara Ehrenreich: 9780312658854: Amazon.com: Books?I'm not sure I agree with all of her ideas (I do believe that positive thinking and a good attitude can go a long way in many situations) but her points about people who are sick feeling pressured to act a certain (upbeat and normal) way, to always being ready to do battle, and in essence, to make their illness easier for others to take, really affected me. I have had close friends with cancer and my impulse was to be a cheerleader and to try to act like everything was normal. That just wasn't what they needed sometimes.

I hope you feel very free to be yourself here and if typing out how you're feeling helps you (even if you're missing the words you want!), go for it. That is one of the benefits of an online forum - there is much less pressure in the relationships and sense of responsibility for the minute-to-minute happiness of one another. I don't think that makes the relationships any less important - just different. I was talking to an MWO friend about this recently -- people here know more about me and I about them than most (any?) friendships in my real life. At first that made me feel like my real life friendships were somehow "less" and not as meaningful (which really seemed weird) but in truth, it would be hard to be so needy and needed day to day and to not be able to take a break from the heavy stuff once in awhile. We can do that here but it is more difficult if the person in need lives next door. The friendships and support here can be of a different sort and might take some pressure off of real-life relationships.

:l NS

Comment

NS, you just nailed it. I think you know where my head is with this. And yes, I've been the cheerleader on the sideline at times in my life too. It doesn't mean that's good or bad, it just is When I taught that class on Monday, I heard myself say exactly that. It's good, its ok. Even though its not and I certainly didn't feel like that either! and yeah, I re-read what I posted and decided not to edit the obvious mistakes, its me now right? It also doesn't mean I don't appreciate the good thoughts or well wishes. It just feels that a part of you is assessing and looking at all of this in another light.

One thing I do have a giggle about - inside, not manically on the outside - is that some people in 3D land have a need to fill a space with words. Someone close to me the other day said "if you don't have your health, well, you don't have much do you?". I just looked and said no shit Sherlock...:H and yes, I do understand, I just need to have a laugh at the idiocy of things at times.

Comment

myhappyplace;1665745 wrote: Someone close to me the other day said "if you don't have your health, well, you don't have much do you?". I just looked and said no shit Sherlock...:H and yes, I do understand, I just need to have a laugh at the idiocy of things at times.
            That made me laugh out loud! I bet that person could not believe that had come out of her mouth. It happens though so it's good you're able to have a sense of humor about it.

My friend and I used to end up giggling during some of her treatments in the face of some of the physical indignities - it was laugh or cry and we laughed until the tears rolled down our cheeks. It's amazing what the body can do and put up with!

Along the lines of No Shit Sherlock, have you seen Hotel.com's Captain Obvious commercials? They're good for a chuckle. Here's one: Hotels.com TV Commercial, 'Obvious Lies' - iSpot.tv

Comment

Funny clip NS

So, yesterday and today have been really good. No nausea, I'm only on the one tablet that I need to take for the duration of the chemo which is Nexium. Whatever that is. And I'm hungry, a lot hungry. Most things taste good still, tea which I adore now tastes like dried grass and not the good kind.

I've decided to continue yoga asana practice by dividing it throughout the day rather than doing my normal stuff early morning - which lately has been nothing at all. All round, I think the first week has been as good as it could be. Feel lucky to have the support I have here and in 3D land.

Comment

Just spent 10 minutes ranting to myself on the Army Thread.
                Wandered over here to your thread Happs and cried at my stupidity and for how well you are coping and that I really have nothing to fucking moan about .
                :l:l to you and thanks for all the nutrition info - it's great.
                NS is a font of knowledge too :l

Comment

Satz love, I don't know what you're up to, will just go and read a bit. BUT remember we're all just doing the best we can with what we have. Don't be too hard on yourself. PS I've banned the word JOURNEY too so no talk of that

right off to stalk you x

Comment

The one that gags me is the term Faith Journey .
                    What other words are banned from this thread???

Comment

I like TRIP....

Comment

Gag at Faith Journey

Comment

Well, we're not really trippin' around here but this Sober Trip has been a great one so I'll go with that.
                          Somehow Faith Trip isn't going to have the connotation that people on Faith Journeys are looking for...

Comment

myhappyplace;1666080 wrote: Gag at Faith Journey
                            WTF is a Faith Journey?
                            I ain't never goin' on one of them anyhoos !!

Comment

Porridge
                              Let's ban Porridge
                              :yuk: Porridge

Comment

NoSugar;1666084 wrote: Well, we're not really trippin' around here but this Sober Trip has been a great one so I'll go with that.
                                Somehow Faith Trip isn't going to have the connotation that people on Faith Journeys are looking for...
                                :H

I love porridge Satz. Except it goes straight to my thighs...joking...I do love it though. I use the top off the raw milk I buy for my first bowl when I get it. Really rich and gorgeous. Put that one on the back burner for a bit though. I suppose I could do a quinoa one?

It's really interesting delving more into the Ketosis diet. I can't seem to shake this appetite growth though, must admit I'm not looking forward to the next fasting stint as much as I was the first. Which sounds weird I know. It's like I've done it once so now lets move onto something different.

Comment

Working...
                                X