Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the Kudzu

Hi Gracie

I just take the Kudzu from a health food shop in my town. I don't take anything else, except Evening Primrose Oil, which I have taken for years and I sometimes take a general all in one vitamin tablet.

Hi Roxane - it says on my botte of Kudzu to take between one and three a day, so I thought two would be okay. Someone said on here that if they take three it makes their heart race (Simey, I think it was) but maybe she meant taking three at once! Anyway, it seems to be working at this level for me - I coould quite easily drink two bottles of white wine in one evening, certainly six bottles over the course of the weekend, In fact there was an open bottle in the fridge last night which was left over from cooking, I had the last two glasses, but in truth I didn't want them or even enjoy them. I was just curious as to how it would feel - so I've broken my blemish free run of AF on the drink tracker, but I'm not bothered really, I don't want or crave anymore and I won't have anymore this weekend. However, neither am I going to lie to myself, so on the drink tracker they go. Gonna treat myself to some nice chocolate for tonight!!!

Cheers all!

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

last of... thats about what i drink. i'm taking bigger doses of kudzu because it had been revised upward on this site, up to 3000mgs a day.
      i was trying AF but wasnt ready i fear, BUT, for the last two nights i had one bottle instead of two and previous to those i had one (large) glass and on another night a (large gin n tonic). going the wrong way which is why i was intrigued as to your consumtion and less kudzu.
      i would have to conclude that you are in the right frame of mind and i,m not.

drinking that wine and finding that you didnt want it is fantastic (the not wanting i mean)!

Gracie, quite a few people are not using the topamax and are successful modding or AF, but as i said above, i think you have to absolutely determined to do it. last of is using kudzu from holland & barrett, and its working for her, so it doesnt have to be from this site.

hope you have a good w/end

roxane

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

70% chocolate i hope, it makes your mouth tingle if you suck it slowly,
        or is that just me *blush*

roxane

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Ah, Roxie - 70% chocolate is the dark stuff isn't it - I can't eat dark chocolate, that's "big boy's" chocolate! Galaxy is my chocolate of choice - or the best for "slowly sucking" is Maltesers - now who's being naughty!!! I love the advert where she flashes her bra at the bloke in the office - I laugh out loud every time!!!

Cheers me dears!!!

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

galaxy is good, with salt n vinegar crisps, yumm

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Oh, that made me laugh - you daft bugger - sounds so disgusting it is probably fantastic - off to shops right now!!!

Have a great Saturday - see you later!!

:giggle:

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

kudzu really does help. I think it makes your taste buds sensitive to alcohol. wine just doesn't taste the same. I have 3 glasses and I am done, almost bored.
                I have been taking 2 tablets right around the time I would start drinking.
                I have noticed that my eyes look clear, and I am losing that bloated look that I thought was not caused by overdrinking.
                I am also taking L-glutamine and supplements. I really want to keep this going. I feel so much better and am not afraid to go to art events or parties without thinking that am gonna get smashed.
                I think it works and should be tried by all.
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

rachel28;159368 wrote: hi, doe s any 1 know of a web site i can order L glut , i have no credit card, i do have a debit card tho, electron, it s called

or do the chemists sell it in uk, i haven t got chance to ask there yet,
                  I think you can get it at any health food store. or order it here. I think it's really helping me a lot you should definitely give it a try:l

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Kudzu definitely works for me - it's fabulous. I couldn't find it even at some really large health food stores here in the US. I buy from this site, because I'm not sure I would trust anything else - and the price is very reasonable. I take 600 mg in the morning (I was a morning drinker) and 600 mg around dinner time (I was a night drinker too - hell, I was an all the time drinker!!) But now, I am not a drinker anytime!! I know Kudzu had an awful lot to do with that. I wouldn't dare try to live without it. I haven't tried the Topa because the Kudzu seems to help so much and I don't want to bother with getting a prescription.

:yougo: :yougo: KUDZU:yougo: :yougo:
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Mags;161911 wrote: Kudzu definitely works for me - it's fabulous. I couldn't find it even at some really large health food stores here in the US. I buy from this site, because I'm not sure I would trust anything else - and the price is very reasonable. I take 600 mg in the morning (I was a morning drinker) and 600 mg around dinner time (I was a night drinker too - hell, I was an all the time drinker!!) But now, I am not a drinker anytime!! I know Kudzu had an awful lot to do with that. I wouldn't dare try to live without it. I haven't tried the Topa because the Kudzu seems to help so much and I don't want to bother with getting a prescription.

:yougo: :yougo: KUDZU:yougo: :yougo:
                      yep I agree with you here. it's funny when I look in the fridge and there is still a bottle of white wine looking ready to be had when I choose, not when she does.
                      Now I call the shots as long as am doing at least 1200 mg of kudzu, 500mg of l-glutamine and a full dose of supplements plus a lot of water and cold barley tea.
                      I would like to stay away from prescription drugs and anything too chemical.
                      Kudzu works quite well and it's not expensive. Will try meditation as well.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

it also helps with that groggy hangover feeling.. so try to keep track of what you consume if you are drinking while on kudzu. it may make you feel like you drank less, although you have been consuming the same amount as usual.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

trixe, sounds like a familiar situation..

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

is kudzu pretty much good for you?

I am not doing this program yet - one of the cds was damaged, so I'm still waiting for a replacement. I drink 3, maybe 4 drinks per night, which I think is a lot, since I am a small person. Does anyone know, is kudzu bad for you? Right now I take Sertraline every morning, and a trazedone or two every night to help me sleep, and of course, any drinks I want. I worry about all these meds...I am planning to spend the holidays alone, peacefully and really try this program. Any words of wisdom or comfort or advise - how many kudzu to take and when - I start drinking at about 5 or 6 in the evening.

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

Trixie, one step at a time! You are doing great and be proud of yourself. As for the blame from your partner - blame comes from guilt.

Take care,

Tah xx
                              :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
                              Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

Taking the Kudzu

You have me very encouraged Vegan Girl. I am going to go out and get me some tomorrow.
                                I just have not been able to get totally sober. I stick to wine, but, you know, I can down a few bottles alone if I space it. The "need" is insatiable.
                                I thought I could do the old tequilla shots the other day, boy, did I pay for that for a day after.
                                Looking to you and all, here, as I am learning for inspiration.
                                It means alot, for, I am a very reclusive type and no one in my social life would believe my private suffering and insecurity over this.
                                Thanks,
                                K
                                :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Working...
                                X