the beauty of this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the beauty of this site

Aw! I know! But I still just think it's such a sweet 'smiley'...I haven't the heart to change it even though I feel bolder now!!! (Soppy old bag!!!)
    FMF xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

the beauty of this site

I love it here too....especially the anonymity....although I still worry that something I post might 'ring a bell' for someone who then realises that they know who I am!!! Like when I let slip that I have dogs....then I suddenly thought of all the people I know on dog websites etc....even though my username is nothing like the ones I use there.....oh heck..I'm a bit paranoid! :H Tbh that fear stops me telling things sometimes....but I don't suppose that matters, does it?

I am still ashamed of being a drinker I suppose...................

Anyway....the AF I've managed has been solely due to this site and all the lovely people on it, all the advice and support...so HOORAY FOR MWO!!!! :bday3:
      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

the beauty of this site

Thanks flip for that! But mitch has got me THINKING NOW! anyway mitch just out of interest what does your neightbour looks like?

Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

the beauty of this site

david caradine(satori):H just jokin i didnt mean to make you paranoid i mean......how many people r on dog web sites slightlysuze.............dont worry teardrop if you lived near me i would know im just saying instead of standing up in front of people sharing you can do it online.............and keeping your private life to yourself and mwo it makes you feel great as i say i live in a small community you probz live in a town or city not a sleepy wee hollow where people actually judge you
          fmf your right it is a sweet smiley
          teardrop did you download that tune lol
          slightlysuze glad to hand my chocies to you
          great to be here with yous:wave:

mitch has now managed to make everyone a parahead:bow please forgive me xxxxxxx
          Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

the beauty of this site

well, just look at it this way, we are all here for the same reason. i don't think neighbors/friends/families that don't have a problem with alcohol are lurking in every website that relates to alcohol addiction looking for hints to see if they can track us down but...you never know
            :huggy
            "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

the beauty of this site

hope my family get this one if there lurking on the site:moon: my anon will always remain anon lol:H apart from yous your right though bettelove!(it wouldnt be really that hard for family to find you) but there again my family are sweet but notc: friendly so ive no worries there
              well posted though from mitch

Comment

the beauty of this site

Mitch, I've only just spotted this, but I totally agree, this place is the best, I now consider myself lucky to have friends all ever the world who I can share my hopes and fears with ......

Thanks Mitch for starting this, it really is lovely to have you back around .....

Love ya, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

the beauty of this site

Coming from a city FULL of Whiskey drinking people who mainly speak a different language, I could careless if people knew where I was from. I wish I could post bulletins out on every telephone pole to inform them of this wonderful program!!

However, with that being said, it is a great thing to have the option of being anonymous or not. I don't think any of us would be so intimate with the details of our lives if we were known by one another or face to face.

This place is great!!!

Comment

the beauty of this site

i like this place because i find out there are people crazier than i am!

in all honesty though, i think the folks here are terrific and i am also honored to be a part of the site.

Comment

the beauty of this site

**AHEM** Nuttier than you Lucky?................ Well that CERTAINLY DOES NOT APPLY TO ME! Or does it? Oh, good Lord, it does, doesn't it? Back to the cave I go. :upset:

Comment

the beauty of this site

I can't think of anyone on this site that I would mind knowing who I am in real life. My fear is that someone just browsing through might figure out who I am. I'm pretty open about being an alcoholic, but I want to be able to pick and choose who I share that with.

The anonymity here is great. It has taken me a while to open up, but I am more open here than anywhere else, except with my therapist.

The support that I have gotten here is amazing. Sometimes I just read other threads and the support that is given everywhere is just amazing. I am proud to belong to such a terrific group of people.

Thanks for starting this thread, Mitch.

Hugs all around,:hug:

Kathy
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

the beauty of this site

your so sweet paula you know i love to be back hope things went well today:huggy

hope you:tsk: them bullies

if it was me theyd be getting this:bat

on a true note though paula and all it really is good to be back amongst yous:hug:

keep on posting lots of love mitch xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

the beauty of this site

Mitch, I posted about the results in general, but pm'd you as well ....

The bullies have been sorted also ............

Thanks for caring ..........

Love & Hugs, :h :l :h :l
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

the beauty of this site

i really dont mind people knowing im an alcoholic the hard fact is i am my dad was his dad was so basically i think its in my jeans no genes yeah!!its just that good to have that wee bit anon afm says hes in a land of whiskey drinkers that all speak a different language i can relate to that only!! on the profile it( you know what i mean) says comes from canada but could be scotland:H

this is where we build up a bond:groupluv: its good to see so many senior citizens oops sorry senior members on this thread it really is good to be back

kathy you sure im not your therapist lol

im away bog pan scuba diving:flush: got stuck at the u bend and got the bends lol

keep them posts coming all my love to each and everyone mitch xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

the beauty of this site

Mitch youve hit the nail on the head with this one mate, spot on!
                                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X