HONESTY AND TRUTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HONESTY AND TRUTH

I personally support everyone that asks for it. And Echo no more than anyone else - in fact probably less from me as he is getting so much from others.

But there is an old saying which says "the loudest squeak gets the most oil".

I understand where you are coming from Kate and agree with a LOT that you say, but we must keep in mind that the purpose of this forum is for mutual support in our efforts to stop drinking and I will not hold THAT back regardless of my personal feelings about other behaviours.

Outside this forum I don't know how I would feel. But right here, right now, not drinking is all that matters.

Kate, I'm so sorry you have suffered, but maybe just leave this guy alone, Ignore it and get what YOU need from here. Happy to chat elsewhere, but not in this thread - it just keeps it bumped to the top.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Echome,
      Glad you are back and your post shows your determination to beat this.
      It takes alot guts sometimes to tell someone how bad we can really get.
      I wish you and everybody on this board sobriety, health and peace of mind.
      Shas
      Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Welcome back Echome.

So glad you posted.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

The question of whether or not we shall support ECHOME is done and dusted............WE ARE SUPPORTING HIM AS IS ONLY RIGHT.

I try to support as many members as I can here, much the same as I receive a wealth of support from others.

I do not see how ECHOME is receiving preferential treatment..........he is only receiving the support each and every one of us deserves.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Well said Star!

We, each and everyone of us are here for support. We are so lucky to have here to come to for our daily ups and downs, laughs and cries. Whether we have a bad history or not. This site is not about judgement and pointing the finger it's about support, advice and friendship. The laughs and love are a bonus.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

keep it up, stay sober and hopefully you will turn things around
              "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

KateH1;208791 wrote: Honestly...there are so many that deserve support here.....they are missed....why do you all support this guy?? And ignore the others?
                Kate you pm'd me and said that you had had a bad week...... If you need support then tell us about it ..............

I personally take offence at your comments on this thread, I have made over 4000 posts on this board and try to support everyone equally, and depending on the severity of their individual needs ..........

If you don't like Echomes posts then I would advise you to ignore them, please don't try and tell me who I can and cannot respond to .......
                sigpicXXX

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Yeah!!!.........you may be pint-sized, but I sure love your "balls", BB!!!

Way to go, Girl!!!:l

Starlight Impress x

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Welcome back ec. Glad you're here again. You inspire me to try again.
                    "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

N.B.

KateH1,
                      I have pm`d RJ, stating that I am most distressed that ECHOME continues to be berated by you on the board.

Starlight Impress

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

I believe this is all part of the healing process. The point is alcohol has ruined and hurt so many people. Every one should speak openly and confront if necessary. I support free speech and feel KATEH1 has a right to speak her mind. I am not hurt in any way but try to understand and learn from every reply. REMEMBER Iam only 28 DAYS AF and never lived a life of sobriety so what do I know? Iam here to learn the good the bad and the ugly about myself and hope to help others in time with my new found knowledge. ECHOME. PS sometimes it is helpful to call someone "out" if it is done with tact and not meant to be hurtfull.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Echome, Nice to hear from you again. Stay strong.
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Echome,

You get kudos from me for being so understanding and so open.

I have also taken on your mantra, btw, it helps when I start getting the crave.

I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN!!

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Cindi, that's funny I use that too!
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Aye............I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN says you`re a man of conviction, ECHOME.......we all love your mantra........such strong words as befits this toughest of battles.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                                X